Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Milan
- Chromatin remodeling by rosuvastatin normalizes TSC2-/meth cell phenotype through the expression of tuberinElena Lesma
Laboratories of Pharmacology, Department of Health Sciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via di Rudinì, 8, 20142 Milano, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 345:180-8. 2013..In particular, rosuvastatin appears useful when the disease is originated by epigenetic defects...
- Development of a lymphangioleiomyomatosis model by endonasal administration of human TSC2-/- smooth muscle cells in miceElena Lesma
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Department of Health Sciences, University of Milan, Italy
Am J Pathol 181:947-60. 2012..The development of a model to study metastasis by TSC cells will also help to explain how they invade different tissues and metastasize to the lung...
- The methylation of the TSC2 promoter underlies the abnormal growth of TSC2 angiomyolipoma-derived smooth muscle cellsElena Lesma
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Dept of Medicine, Surgery, and Dentistry, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142 Milano, Italy
Am J Pathol 174:2150-9. 2009..Additionally, the effect of chromatin-remodeling agents in these cells suggests a further avenue for the treatment of TSC as well as lymphangioleiomyomatosis...
- Anti-EGFR antibody efficiently and specifically inhibits human TSC2-/- smooth muscle cell proliferation. Possible treatment options for TSC and LAMElena Lesma
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry Polo H San Paolo, Faculty of Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 3:e3558. 2008..TSC2(-/-) ASM cell proliferation is EGF-dependent...
- Isolation and growth of smooth muscle-like cells derived from tuberous sclerosis complex-2 human renal angiomyolipoma: epidermal growth factor is the required growth factorElena Lesma
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Am J Pathol 167:1093-103. 2005..Signal transduction mediated by EGF and IGF-I receptors is therefore involved in A(+) cell survival. These results may offer a novel therapeutic perspective for the treatment of TSC complications and lymphangioleiomyomatosis...
- Survivin expression in tuberous sclerosis complex cellsStephana Carelli
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, University of Milan, Polo H San Paolo, Milano, Italy
Mol Med 13:166-77. 2007..Future experimental therapies for TSC and LAM may result from the targeted inhibition of survivin, which may enhance sensitivity to TSC2 therapy...
- A role for enhanced integrin and FAK expression in uremia-induced parathyroid hyperplasiaMaria Vittoria Arcidiacono
Pharmacological Laboratories, Department of Medicine, Surgery, and Dentistry, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Nephrol 20:228-33. 2007..These findings suggest that in kidney disease, the increased PT cell growth driven by enhanced EGFR could be further aggravated through elevations in integrin beta1 and FAK expression...
- Anti-EGFR antibody reduces lung nodules by inhibition of EGFR-pathway in a model of lymphangioleiomyomatosisElena Lesma
Laboratories of Pharmacology, Department of Health Sciences, University of Milano, Via di Rudini 8, 20142 Milano, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2015:315240. 2015..These results suggest that the inhibition of EGFR signalling has a potential in treatment of LAM/TSC lung alterations. ..
- TSC2 epigenetic defect in primary LAM cells. Evidence of an anchorage-independent survivalElena Lesma
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Dept of Health Sciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
J Cell Mol Med 18:766-79. 2014..In conclusion, the understanding of LAM/TSC cell features is important in the assessment of cell invasiveness in LAM and TSC and should provide a useful model to test therapeutic approaches aimed at controlling their migratory ability. ..
- Loss of the inactive X chromosome and replication of the active X in BRCA1-defective and wild-type breast cancer cellsSilvia M Sirchia
Genetica Medica, Farmacologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Universita di Milano, Italy
Cancer Res 65:2139-46. 2005....
- Glioblastoma multiforme in a child with tuberous sclerosis complexAglaia Vignoli
Child Neurology Unit Epilepsy Center, Department of Health Science, University of Milan, San Paolo Hospital, Milano, Italy
Am J Med Genet A 167:2388-93. 2015..Although the co-occurrence of TSC and glioblastoma multiforme seems to be rare, this possible association should be kept in mind, and proper clinical and radiological follow up should be recommended in these patients...
- Co-administration of IGF-I and glycosaminoglycans greatly delays motor neurone disease and affects IGF-I expression in the wobbler mouse: a long-term studyAlfredo Gorio
Department of Medicine, Polo H San Paolo, Faculty of Medicine, Milano, Italy
J Neurochem 81:194-202. 2002..Co-treatment also prevented the decrease in IGF-I content observed in vehicle-treated wobbler mice forelimb muscles...