Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Milan
- Chromatin remodeling by rosuvastatin normalizes TSC2-/meth cell phenotype through the expression of tuberinElena Lesma
Laboratories of Pharmacology, Department of Health Sciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via di Rudinì, 8, 20142 Milano, Italy
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 345:180-8. 2013..In particular, rosuvastatin appears useful when the disease is originated by epigenetic defects...
- Development of a lymphangioleiomyomatosis model by endonasal administration of human TSC2-/- smooth muscle cells in miceElena Lesma
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Department of Health Sciences, University of Milan, Italy
Am J Pathol 181:947-60. 2012..The development of a model to study metastasis by TSC cells will also help to explain how they invade different tissues and metastasize to the lung...
- Anti-EGFR antibody efficiently and specifically inhibits human TSC2-/- smooth muscle cell proliferation. Possible treatment options for TSC and LAMElena Lesma
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry Polo H San Paolo, Faculty of Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
PLoS ONE 3:e3558. 2008..TSC2(-/-) ASM cell proliferation is EGF-dependent...
- The methylation of the TSC2 promoter underlies the abnormal growth of TSC2 angiomyolipoma-derived smooth muscle cellsElena Lesma
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Dept of Medicine, Surgery, and Dentistry, Via A Di Rudini 8, 20142 Milano, Italy
Am J Pathol 174:2150-9. 2009..Additionally, the effect of chromatin-remodeling agents in these cells suggests a further avenue for the treatment of TSC as well as lymphangioleiomyomatosis...
- Isolation and growth of smooth muscle-like cells derived from tuberous sclerosis complex-2 human renal angiomyolipoma: epidermal growth factor is the required growth factorElena Lesma
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Am J Pathol 167:1093-103. 2005..Signal transduction mediated by EGF and IGF-I receptors is therefore involved in A(+) cell survival. These results may offer a novel therapeutic perspective for the treatment of TSC complications and lymphangioleiomyomatosis...
- Survivin expression in tuberous sclerosis complex cellsStephana Carelli
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, Surgery and Dentistry, University of Milan, Polo H San Paolo, Milano, Italy
Mol Med 13:166-77. 2007..Future experimental therapies for TSC and LAM may result from the targeted inhibition of survivin, which may enhance sensitivity to TSC2 therapy...
- A role for enhanced integrin and FAK expression in uremia-induced parathyroid hyperplasiaMaria Vittoria Arcidiacono
Pharmacological Laboratories, Department of Medicine, Surgery, and Dentistry, San Paolo Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Nephrol 20:228-33. 2007..These findings suggest that in kidney disease, the increased PT cell growth driven by enhanced EGFR could be further aggravated through elevations in integrin beta1 and FAK expression...
- TSC2 epigenetic defect in primary LAM cells. Evidence of an anchorage-independent survivalElena Lesma
Laboratory of Pharmacology, Dept of Health Sciences, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
J Cell Mol Med 18:766-79. 2014..In conclusion, the understanding of LAM/TSC cell features is important in the assessment of cell invasiveness in LAM and TSC and should provide a useful model to test therapeutic approaches aimed at controlling their migratory ability. ..
- Anti-EGFR antibody reduces lung nodules by inhibition of EGFR-pathway in a model of lymphangioleiomyomatosisElena Lesma
Laboratories of Pharmacology, Department of Health Sciences, University of Milano, Via di Rudini 8, 20142 Milano, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2015:315240. 2015..These results suggest that the inhibition of EGFR signalling has a potential in treatment of LAM/TSC lung alterations. ..
- Loss of the inactive X chromosome and replication of the active X in BRCA1-defective and wild-type breast cancer cellsSilvia M Sirchia
Genetica Medica, Farmacologia, Dipartimento di Medicina, Chirurgia e Odontoiatria, Universita di Milano, Italy
Cancer Res 65:2139-46. 2005....
- Co-administration of IGF-I and glycosaminoglycans greatly delays motor neurone disease and affects IGF-I expression in the wobbler mouse: a long-term studyAlfredo Gorio
Department of Medicine, Polo H San Paolo, Faculty of Medicine, Milano, Italy
J Neurochem 81:194-202. 2002..Co-treatment also prevented the decrease in IGF-I content observed in vehicle-treated wobbler mice forelimb muscles...