Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Foggia
- Uncoupling protein 2 G(-866)A polymorphism: a new gene polymorphism associated with C-reactive protein in type 2 diabetic patientsEmanuela Lapice
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Napoli, Italy
Cardiovasc Diabetol 9:68. 2010..This study evaluated the relationship between the G(-866)A polymorphism of the uncoupling protein 2 (UCP2) gene and high-sensitivity C reactive protein (hs-CRP) plasma levels in diabetic patients...
- The combination of UCP3-55CT and PPARγ2Pro12Ala polymorphisms affects BMI and substrate oxidation in two diabetic populationsE Lapice
Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Federico II University of Naples, Italy Electronic address
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 26:400-6. 2016..To evaluate the combined contribution of UCP3-55CT and PPARγ2 Pro12Ala polymorphisms as correlates of BMI, energy expenditure (REE) and substrate oxidation in people with type 2 diabetes...
- The PPARγ2 Pro12Ala variant is protective against progression of nephropathy in people with type 2 diabetesEmanuela Lapice
Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, University of Naples Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, Naples, 80131, Italy
J Transl Med 13:85. 2015..The present study evaluates the association between the Pro12Ala polymorphism of PPARγ2 and the progression of albuminuria and decay in glomerular filtration rate (GFR) in type 2 diabetes...
- Interaction between Pro12Ala polymorphism of PPARγ2 and diet on adiposity phenotypesEmanuela Lapice
Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Federico II University of Naples, Via S Pansini 5, 80131, Naples, Italy
Curr Atheroscler Rep 16:462. 2014....
- Iron deficiency and cardiovascular disease: an updated review of the evidenceEmanuela Lapice
Department of Clinical Medicine and Surgery, Federico II University of Naples, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Curr Atheroscler Rep 15:358. 2013..Extreme conditions of iron deficiency, as well as of iron overload, are associated with modestly increased CVD risk, although with different proposed mechanisms. ..
- Fasting APO B48 levels are associated with microalbuminuria in patients with type 2 diabetesE Lapice
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Italy
Acta Diabetol 49:409-12. 2012..In patients with type 2 diabetes, microalbuminuria is associated with elevated Apo B48 levels, independent of major confounders; this may partly explain the excess cardiovascular risk of these patients...
- Fasting apolipoprotein B48 is associated with asymptomatic peripheral arterial disease in type 2 diabetic subjects: a case-control studyEmanuela Lapice
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Naples Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Napoli, Italy
Atherosclerosis 223:504-6. 2012....
- Pro12Ala polymorphism of the PPARgamma2 locus modulates the relationship between energy intake and body weight in type 2 diabetic patientsOlga Vaccaro
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Naples, Federico II, Via S Pansini 5, 80131 Naples, Italy
Diabetes Care 30:1156-61. 2007..We explore the relationship among BMI, habitual diet, and the Pro12Ala polymorphism in the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR)gamma2...
- Beta2-adrenergic receptor and UCP3 variants modulate the relationship between age and type 2 diabetes mellitusMichele Pinelli
Department of Cellular and Molecular Biology and Pathology A, Califano, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
BMC Med Genet 7:85. 2006..To achieve this aim we exploited a multianalytical approach also using dimensionality reduction strategy and conservative significance correction strategies...
- Abdominal adiposity is associated with elevated C-reactive protein independent of BMI in healthy nonobese peopleEmanuela Lapice
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Diabetes Care 32:1734-6. 2009..There is debate over the most appropriate adiposity markers of obesity-associated health risks. We evaluated the relationship between fat distribution and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP), independent of total adiposity...