Affiliation: University of Verona
- Risk assessment and prediction of rebleeding in bleeding gastroduodenal ulcerA Guglielmi
First Department of General Surgery, Verona University Medical School, Ospedale Maggiore Borgo Trento, Verona, Italy
Endoscopy 34:778-86. 2002....
- Transhepatic fibrinolysis of mesenteric and portal vein thrombosis in a patient with ulcerative colitis: a case reportAlfredo Guglielmi
First Department of General Surgery, University of Verona, Borgo Trento Hospital, P le Stefani 1, 37126 Verona, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 11:2035-8. 2005..Treatment of acute portal vein thrombosis has ranged from conservative treatment with thrombolysis and anticoagulation therapy to surgical treatment with thrombectomy and/or intestinal resection...
- A re-emerging marker for prognosis in hepatocellular carcinoma: the add-value of fishing c-myc gene for early relapseFederica Pedica
Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Integrata di Verona, FISH Molecular Laboratory, Department of Pathology and Diagnostic, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e68203. 2013....
- How much remnant is enough in liver resection?Alfredo Guglielmi
Division of General Surgery A, Department of Surgery, University of Verona Medical School, Verona, Italy
Dig Surg 29:6-17. 2012..The extensive use of major hepatectomy increases the risk of post-hepatectomy liver failure (PHLF), which is associated with a high frequency of postoperative complications, mortality and increased length of hospital stay...
- Prognostic significance of lymph node ratio after resection of peri-hilar cholangiocarcinomaAlfredo Guglielmi
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery A, GB Rossi Hospital, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
HPB (Oxford) 13:240-5. 2011..Prognostic significance of the extent of LN dissection, number of metastatic LN and the lymph node ratio (LNR) are still under debate...
- Does intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma have better prognosis compared to perihilar cholangiocarcinoma?Alfredo Guglielmi
Division of General Surgery A, Department of Surgery, University of Verona Medical School, 37134 Verona, Italy
J Surg Oncol 101:111-5. 2010..The objectives of this study is to evaluate the surgical outcomes of patients with PCC and ICC, identify the main prognostic factors related to survival and compare the outcome and the prognostic factors of PCC and ICC...
- Radiofrequency ablation versus surgical resection for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhosisAlfredo Guglielmi
Division of General Surgery A, Department of Surgery and Gastroenterology, University of Verona Medical School, GB Rossi University Hospital, Piazzale LA Scuro 10, 37134, Verona, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 12:192-8. 2008..The aims of this study are to compare the overall survival and disease-free survival in two groups of cirrhotic patients with HCC submitted to surgery or RFA...
- Radiofrequency ablation of hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhotic patientsAlfredo Guglielmi
First Department of General Surgery, Verona University Medical School, Ospedale Maggiore Borgo Trento, Piazzale Stefani, 1, 37126 Verona, Italy
Hepatogastroenterology 50:480-4. 2003..The aims of this study included the analysis of efficacy in local control of tumors, patterns of recurrence and survival rate related to severity of cirrhosis and tumor features...
- Radio frequency ablation for hepatocellular carcinoma in cirrhotic patients: prognostic factors for survivalAlfredo Guglielmi
Department of Surgery and Gastroenterology, University of Verona, Ospedale Policlinico G B Rossi, Piazzale Scuro, 37134 Verona, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 11:143-9. 2007..A few data on survival after treatment are available in literature. The aim of the study was to evaluate factors related to survival and to identify different classes of risk after radio frequency ablation...
- Intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: prognostic factors after surgical resectionAlfredo Guglielmi
Department of Surgery and Gastroenterology, Division of General Surgery A, University of Verona Medical School, GB Rossi University Hospital, Piazzale LA Scuro 10, 37134, Verona, Italy
World J Surg 33:1247-54. 2009..The aim of this study was to identify the prognostic factors for survival in a group of patients submitted to surgical resection for ICC...
- Metastases to the para-aortic lymph nodes in adenocarcinoma of the cardiaG de Manzoni
1st Division of General Surgery, University of Verona, Italy
Eur J Surg 167:413-8. 2001..To find out the extent of involvement of the para-aortic nodes in patients with adenocarcinoma of the gastric cardia...
- Rhesus D-phenotype does not provide prognostic information additional to TNM staging in gastric cancer patientsG de Manzoni
Istituto di Semeiotica Chirurgica, University of Verona, Italy
Cancer Detect Prev 25:161-5. 2001..84 (0.47-1.49) in multivariate analysis after controlling for depth of tumor invasion, lymph node metastases, and type of resection. Our study did not confirm the prognostic significance of Rh D phenotype in gastric cancer patients...
- Hepatolithiasis-associated cholangiocarcinoma: results from a multi-institutional national database on a case series of 23 patientsA Guglielmi
Department of Surgery, Division of General Surgery A, GB Rossi University Hospital, University of Verona Medical School, Verona, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 40:567-75. 2014....
- Contrast-enhanced ultrasonography (CEUS) immediately after percutaneous ablation of hepatocellular carcinomaA Gallotti
Istituto di Radiologia, Policlinico G B Rossi, Universita di Verona, Verona, Italy
Radiol Med 114:1094-105. 2009....
- What is the most accurate lymph node staging method for perihilar cholangiocarcinoma? Comparison of UICC/AJCC pN stage, number of metastatic lymph nodes, lymph node ratio, and log odds of metastatic lymph nodesS Conci
Department of Surgery, Division of General and Hepatobiliary Surgery, G B Rossi University Hospital, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol . 2017....
- Pattern of recurrence after surgery in adenocarcinoma of the gastro-oesophageal junctionG de Manzoni
First Department of General Surgery, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 29:506-10. 2003..This study reports mode, timing and predictive factors of recurrence after curative surgery for cardia cancer...
- Is liver resection justified in advanced hepatocellular carcinoma? Results of an observational study in 464 patientsAndrea Ruzzenente
Department of Surgery and Gastroenterology, Division of General Surgery A, GB Rossi University Hospital, University of Verona Medical School, Piazzale LA Scuro 10, 37134, Verona, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 13:1313-20. 2009..The aim of this study is to evaluate the role of surgical resection compared to other therapeutic modalities in patients with advanced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Role of surgery in the treatment of intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaA Ruzzenente
Department of Surgery, Division of General and Hepato biliary Surgery, University of Verona Medical School, Verona, Italy
Eur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 19:2892-900. 2015..These molecular findings are helpful to differentiate the biological behaviour and will provide evidence for the development of new target therapies. ..
- Software for hepatic vessel classification: feasibility study for virtual surgeryA Sboarina
Anesthesiological and Surgical Science Department, University Hospital of Verona, Piazzale A Stefani 1, Verona, Italy
Int J Comput Assist Radiol Surg 5:39-48. 2010..The detection and classification of hepatic vessels in diagnostic images are essential for hepatic pre-surgery planning. Our team has developed a tool for classification, analysis, and 3D reconstruction of the hepatic and portal systems...
- Laparoscopic hepatic resectionG Borzellino
First Department of General Surgery, University of Verona, Piazzale Stefani 1, 37126, Verona, Italy
Surg Endosc 20:787-90. 2006..Although laparoscopy in general surgery is increasingly being performed, only recently has liver surgery been performed with laparoscopy. We critically review our experience with laparoscopic liver resections...
- High pathological response rate in locally advanced esophageal cancer after neoadjuvant combined modality therapy: dose finding of a weekly chemotherapy schedule with protracted venous infusion of 5-fluorouracil and dose escalation of cisplatin, docetaxelF Pasini
Divisione di Oncologia Medica, 1 Divisione Clinicizzata di Chirurgia Generale, Divisione di Radioterapia Oncologica, Servizio di Anatomia Patologica, Azienda Ospedaliera Università di Verona, Verona
Ann Oncol 16:1133-9. 2005....
- [Acute hemorrhage caused by duodenal ulcer. Results of endoscopic treatment of the first bleeding episode and of recurrences]G de Manzoni
Cattedra di Chirurgia d Urgenza, I Divisione Clinicizzata di Chirurgia Università di Verona, Verona, Italia
Ann Ital Chir 73:387-94; discussion 394-6. 2002..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of immediate endoscopic treatment of bleeding and rebleeding on the clinical outcome of patients with duodenal ulcer hemorrhage...
- Comparison of seven staging systems in cirrhotic patients with hepatocellular carcinoma in a cohort of patients who underwent radiofrequency ablation with complete responseAlfredo Guglielmi
Department of Surgery and Gastroenterology, University of Verona Medical School, Verona, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 103:597-604. 2008....
- The Dagradi-Serio-Iacono operation central pancreatectomyCalogero Iacono
Department of Surgery and Gastroenterology, Division of General Surgery, Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Unit, University of Verona Medical School, University Hospital GB Rossi, P 1e LA Scuro 10, 37134, Verona, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 11:364-76. 2007..In order to obtain excellent results, correct indications and experience in pancreatic surgery are recommended...
- Systematic review of central pancreatectomy and meta-analysis of central versus distal pancreatectomyC Iacono
Department of Surgery, Unit of Hepato Biliary Pancreatic Surgery, Verona, Italy
Br J Surg 100:873-85. 2013..The aim of this review was to evaluate the short- and long-term surgical results of CP from all published studies, and the results of comparative studies of CP versus distal pancreatectomy (DP)...
- Rapid progression of hepatocellular carcinoma after Radiofrequency AblationAndrea Ruzzenente
First Department of General Surgery, Verona University Medical School, Ospedale Maggiore Borgo Trento, Piazzale Stefani 1, 37126 Verona, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 10:1137-40. 2004..To report the results of radiofrequency ablation (RFA) of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) in cirrhotic patients and to describe the treatment related complications (mainly the rapid intrahepatic neoplastic progression)...
- Using the angio-seal to achieve hemostasis in prosthetic endovascular surgery: report of three casesGian Franco Veraldi
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, I Divisione Clinicizzata di Chirurgia Generale, Istituto di Semeiotica Chirurgica, Universita degli Studi di Verona, Ospedale Civile Maggiore di Verona, P le A Stefani 1, 37126 Verona, Italy
Surg Today 34:965-7. 2004..This method is both rapid and safe, and may broaden the indications for the endovascular treatment of distal arteriopathies in patients with vascular prostheses...
- Vanishing bile duct syndrome and inflammatory pseudotumor associated with a case of anabolic steroid abuseFranco Capra
Department of Biomedical and Surgical Sciences, Internal Medicine A, University of Verona, Verona, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 50:1535-7. 2005
- Surgical resection versus percutaneous radiofrequency ablation in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma on cirrhotic liverMarco Vivarelli
Department of Surgery and Transplantation, University of Bologna, S Orsola Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Ann Surg 240:102-7. 2004..We sought to compare the experience of 2 different surgical units in the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) on cirrhosis with resection or percutaneous radiofrequency ablation (RFA), respectively...
- Liver abscess due to acute cholecystitis. Report of five casesGermana Zerman
I Divisione Clinicizzata di Chirurgia Generale, Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, Universita di Verona
Chir Ital 55:195-8. 2003..Failure to diagnose acute cholecystitis at onset or inappropriate treatment of the condition could lead to the development of liver abscesses...
- Endoscopic ablation of Barrett's esophagus using high power setting argon plasma coagulation: a prospective studyCorrado Pedrazzani
Chirurgia Clinicizzata, Ospedale di Borgo Trento, Piazzale Stefani 1, 37126 Verona, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 11:1872-5. 2005..This prospective study evaluated the effectiveness of 90 W argon plasma coagulation (APC) for the ablation of Barrett's esophagus (BE) that is considered to be the main risk factor for the development of esophageal adenocarcinoma...
- [Preliminary results of neoadjuvant treatment of adenocarcinoma of the gastro-esophageal junction]Corrado Pedrazzani
Prima Divisione Clinicizzata di Chirurgia Generale, Universita di Verona
Chir Ital 57:9-14. 2005..Surgery-related deaths and morbidity were not increased. A high rate of positive pathological responses was obtained particularly in the later period of the study with the increased dosage of the protocol regimen...
- Intra-arterial infusion of 5-fluorouracil, leucovorin, epirubicin and carboplatin (FLEC regimen) in unresectable pancreatic cancer: results of a ten-year experienceAndrea Mambrini
Department of Oncology, Massa Carrara City Hospital, Italy
In Vivo 20:751-5. 2006..The final results of a new regimen given intra-arterially for unresectable pancreatic cancer (UPC) are presented...