Affiliation: University of Bologna
- Contrast enhancement and elastography in endoscopic ultrasound: an update of clinical applications in pancreatic diseasesMarta Serrani
Operative Unit of Gastroenterology, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, S Maria della Scaletta Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Minerva Med 107:217-22. 2016..Chronic pancreatitis evaluation represents the most recent field of application of EUS-E that shows promising results. ..
- Reliability of endoscopic ultrasound in predicting the number and size of common bile duct stones before endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatographyPietro Fusaroli
Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, University of Bologna Hospital of Imola, Italy Electronic address
Dig Liver Dis 48:277-82. 2016..Endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) is accurate for the diagnosis of choledocholithiasis; however, data are lacking regarding the prediction of stone number and size...
- Contrast enhancement and elastography in endoscopic ultrasound: an overview of clinical applications in pancreatic diseasesM Serrani
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences University of Bologna Hospital of Imola, Imola, Italy
Minerva Med 105:353-61. 2014..Both techniques show promising applications in the study of pancreatic tumors including differential diagnosis and providing guidance to fine needle aspiration. ..
- Pancreatico-biliary endoscopic ultrasound: a systematic review of the levels of evidence, performance and outcomesPietro Fusaroli
Department of Clinical Medicine, University of Bologna, 40100 Bologna, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 18:4243-56. 2012..The major challenge of EUS evolution is its expanding therapeutic potential towards an effective and minimally invasive management of complex pancreaticobiliary disorders...
- Interobserver agreement in contrast harmonic endoscopic ultrasoundPietro Fusaroli
Department of Clinical Medicine, GI Unit, University of Bologna Imola Hospital, Italy Gastroenterology Unit, Bellaria Hospital, Bologna, Italy
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 27:1063-9. 2012..Contrast harmonic endoscopic ultrasound (CH-EUS) was recently introduced to clinical practice; its reproducibility among endosonographers is unknown. Our aim was to assess the interobserver agreement (IA) in CH-EUS...
- Levels of evidence in endoscopic ultrasonography: a systematic reviewPietro Fusaroli
Department of Clinical Medicine, GI Unit, University of Bologna Hospital of Imola, Bologna, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 57:602-9. 2012..We aimed to record all EUS-studies published during the past decade and evaluate them in terms of scientific quality, creating a stratification based on levels of evidence (LE)...
- Contrast Harmonic-Endoscopic Ultrasound Is Useful to Identify Neoplastic Features of Pancreatic Cysts (With Videos)Pietro Fusaroli
From the Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, Imola Hospital, and Internal Medicine Unit, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences, St Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Pancreas 45:265-8. 2016..To evaluate the potential role of contrast harmonic endoscopic ultrasound (CH-EUS) in the differential diagnosis of pancreatic cysts and detection of malignancy...
- Clinical usefulness of gastric-juice analysis in 2007: the stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstoneAntonio Tucci
Gastrointestinal Unit of Castel S Pietro Terme Hospital, University of Bologna, AUSL of Imola, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 66:881-90. 2007..Gastric juice is usually discarded during upper-GI endoscopy...
- Consecutive regression of concurrent laryngeal and gastric MALT lymphoma after anti-Helicobacter pylori therapyGiancarlo Caletti
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Bologna, Italy
Gastroenterology 124:537-43. 2003..Nonresponders may subsequently be considered for surgery and/or chemo/radiation therapy...
- Late recurrences of gastrointestinal stromal tumours (GISTs) after 5 years of follow-upMargherita Nannini
Department of Hematology and Oncology Sciences L A Seragnoli, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Via Massarenti 9, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Med Oncol 29:144-50. 2012....
- Endoscopic ultrasonography: current clinical rolePietro Fusaroli
Gastroenterology Unit, Ospedale di Castel S Pietro Terme, University of Bologna, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:293-301. 2005....
- Contrast harmonic echo-endoscopic ultrasound improves accuracy in diagnosis of solid pancreatic massesPietro Fusaroli
Department of Clinical Medicine, GI Unit, University of Bologna Aziendo Sanitaria Locale of Imola, Imola, Italy
Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol 8:629-34.e1-2. 2010..This new technique detects echo signals from microbubbles in vessels with very slow flow, without artifacts. We assessed whether CHE-EUS increases the accuracy of diagnosis of pancreatic solid lesions...
- EUS in MALT lymphomaGiancarlo Caletti
University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 56:S21-6. 2002
- Good survival outcome of metastatic SDH-deficient gastrointestinal stromal tumors harboring SDHA mutationsMaria A Pantaleo
1 Department of Specialized, Experimental and Diagnostic Medicine, Sant Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy 2 Giorgio Prodi Cancer Research Center, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Genet Med 17:391-5. 2015..This work evaluates a retrospective survival analysis of a series of patients with metastatic KIT/PDGFRA wild-type succinate dehydrogenase-deficient gastrointestinal stromal tumors...
- Interobserver agreement in staging gastric malt lymphoma by EUSPietro Fusaroli
Department of Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology, University of Bologna, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 55:662-8. 2002..A multicenter evaluation of observer agreement with respect to endosonographic staging of gastric mucosa-associated lymphoid tissue (MALT) lymphoma was therefore conducted...
- Management of patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumor in clinical practice in Italy: a critical "event tree model" analysis of decision-making processes and outcomesMaria Abbondanza Pantaleo
Institute of Hematology and Medical Oncology L and A Seragnoli and Interdepartmental Centre for Cancer Research G Prodi, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, University of Bologna, Bologna
Tumori 96:219-28. 2010..This paper reports and comments on a critical picture of the management of patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumors who received at least one treatment before arriving at our GIST Study Group...
- The clinical impact of ultrasound contrast agents in EUS: a systematic review according to the levels of evidencePietro Fusaroli
Gastroenterology Unit, Hospital of Imola, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Gastrointest Endosc 84:587-596.e10. 2016..We present the levels of evidence (LEs) found in the literature to put its clinical outcomes in the appropriate perspective...
- Mt 21-42: development and validation of an automatic device proposed for the endoscopic diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection and atrophic gastritisAntonio Tucci
GI Unit, University of Bologna, AUSL of Imola, Castel S Pietro Terme Hospital, Bologna, Italy
Digestion 72:33-42. 2005..In this study we present and validate an innovative device (Mt 21-42) performing gastric juice analyses during endoscopy and proposed for the endoscopic diagnosis of Helicobacter pylori infection and hypo/achlorhydria...
- Scientific publications in endoscopic ultrasonography: changing trends in the third millenniumPietro Fusaroli
Department of Clinical Medicine, GI Unit, University of Bologna AUSL of Imola, Italy
J Clin Gastroenterol 45:400-4. 2011..EUS has evolved into a valuable implement of modern clinical practice, with a critical effect on patients' management. A trend toward well-structured studies is evident...
- Laparoscopic treatment of gastric GIST: report of 21 cases and literature's reviewFausto Catena
Transplant, General and Emergency Surgery Department, St Orsola Malpighi University Hospital, Via Massarenti 9, 40138, Bologna, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 12:561-8. 2008..This paper describes the problems of minimally invasive resection of gastric GISTs and compares this experience with an extensive literature review...
- Severe hypernatremia as a predictor of mortality after percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy (PEG) placementRosangela Muratori
S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences DIMEC, University of Bologna, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 49:181-187. 2017..Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy is the preferred option for providing enteral nutrition, allowing for an improvement in survival and quality of life...