Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- Galileo, measurement of the velocity of light, and the reaction timesRenato Foschi
Facoltà di Psicologial, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, I 00185 Rome, Italy
Perception 38:1251-9. 2009..This analysis also reveals a fundamental difference between Galileo's and Florence academy's methodologies and that Galileo's experiment was, in some respects, a pioneering work affecting also the history of the psychology of perception...
- Politics and naturalism in the 20th century psychology of Alfred BinetRenato Foschi
Faculty of Psychology 1, University of Rome La Sapienza
Hist Psychol 9:267-89. 2006....
- Science and culture around the Montessori's first "Children's Houses" in Rome (1907-1915)Renato Foschi
Facoltà di Psicologia 1, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
J Hist Behav Sci 44:238-57. 2008....
- The notion of "double consciousness" in Alfred Binet's psychological experimentalismRenato Foschi
University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Physis Riv Int Stor Sci 43:363-72. 2006..On the contrary, Binet's psychology resulted in a theory stating that the duality of consciousness works in a perfect and autonomous way within the individual and, thanks to hypnosis, can be investigated in a laboratory...
- The concept of personality in 19th-century French and 20th-century American psychologyGiovanni Pietro Lombardo
Universita La Sapienza, Roma, Italy
Hist Psychol 6:123-42. 2003..The aim of this article is to cast some light on this unexplored tradition of psychological personality studies and to discuss its influence on the development of the scientific study of personality in the United States...
- Contexts and experimentalism in the psychology of Gabriele Buccola (1875-1885)Silvia Degni
History of Psychology, Italy
J Hist Behav Sci 43:177-95. 2007....