Maria Luisa Forchielli
Affiliation: University of Bologna
- Phytonadione Content in Branded Intravenous Fat Emulsions: A Comparative Study of 6 Products With Different Fat Sources Using Liquid Chromatography-Mass SpectrometryMaria Luisa Forchielli
Paediatrics, S Orsola Malpighi Medical School, Bologna, Italy
JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr . 2015..No data, however, exist about phytonadione (vitamin K1) concentration in IVFE information leaflets. Therefore, our aim was to evaluate the phytonadione content in different IVFE...
- Parenteral nutrition admixtures for pediatric patients compounded with highly refined fish oil-based emulsion: assessment of physicochemical stabilityM L Forchielli
Paediatrics, S Orsola Malpighi Medical School, Bologna, Italy Electronic address
Clin Nutr 33:1127-31. 2014..5 mmol/L. If calcium level exceeds 4.5 mmol/L, as often required in premature patients, it is advisable to infuse FO emulsion alone through a second intravenous line. ..
- Better living through chemistry, constant monitoring, and prompt interventions: 26 years on home parenteral nutrition without major complicationsMaria Luisa Forchielli
Department of Pediatrics, S Orsola Malpighi, Bologna University, Bologna, Italy
Nutrition 24:103-7. 2008..We discuss 26 y of home parenteral nutrition (HPN) in an otherwise healthy patient with severe short bowel syndrome demonstrating a decrease in life-threatening complications after various management changes...
- The spectrum of plant and animal sterols in different oil-derived intravenous emulsionsMaria Luisa Forchielli
Department of Pediatrics, S Orsola Malpighi, Medical School of Bologna, Via Massarenti 11, 40138 Bologna, Italy
Lipids 45:63-71. 2010..In conclusion, most ILEs combined significant amounts of phytosterols and cholesterol. However, their phytosterols:cholesterol ratios were reversed compared to the normal human diet...
- Potential intake of vitamins "A" and "D" through branded intravenous lipid emulsions: Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry AnalysisMaria Luisa Forchielli
Paediatrics, Medical School, Bologna, Italy Electronic address
Clin Nutr . 2016..This study shows that vitamin A and D contents are variably present in ILEs based on their different lipid sources. Both contents should be explicitly mentioned in the products...
- Nutritional factors contributing to the development of cholestasis during total parenteral nutritionMaria Luisa Forchielli
Department of Pediatrics, University of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Adv Pediatr 50:245-67. 2003..It is hoped that a better understanding of factors affecting hepatocyte secretion and bile formation and flow will help to prevent this life-threatening complication of TPN...
- The role of gut-associated lymphoid tissues and mucosal defenceMaria Luisa Forchielli
Department of Pediatrics, University of Bologna, Italy
Br J Nutr 93:S41-8. 2005..If this can be demonstrated, then prebiotics can be used as a dietary supplement to stimulate a balanced and an appropriately effective mucosal immune system in newborns and infants...