Elena M Faioni
Affiliation: University of Milan
- Expression of endothelial protein C receptor and thrombomodulin in the intestinal tissue of patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseElena M Faioni
Hematology and Thrombosis Unit, Ospedale San Paolo
Crit Care Med 32:S266-70. 2004..The soluble forms of the receptors in plasma were measured...
- Mutations in the thrombomodulin gene are rare in patients with severe thrombophiliaElena M Faioni
Department of Internal Medicine, Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Haemophilia and Thrombosis Centre, I R C C S Maggiore Hospital, University of Milan, Via A di Rudin 8, 201458 Milan, Italy
Br J Haematol 118:595-9. 2002..Considering the lack of a phenotype and the costly screening procedure, we recommend that thrombomodulin defects be sought only for research purposes...
- c.301C > T (p.Arg101Cys): a novel mutation in the thrombin-sensitive region of protein S associated with a dysfunctional proteinFranca Franchi
A Bianchi Bonomi Hemophilia and Thrombosis Centre, University of Milan and Department of Medicine and Medical Specialties, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, Mangiagalli and Regina Elena Foundation, Milan, Italy
Thromb Haemost 96:381-3. 2006
- Review of clinical, biochemical and genetic aspects of combined factor V and factor VIII deficiency, and report of a new affected familyElena M Faioni
DMCO, University of Milano and Hematology and Thrombosis Unit, Ospedale San Paolo, Via A Di Rudini, 8, 20142 Milan, Italy
Thromb Res 112:269-71. 2003
- Association of factor V deficiency with factor V HR2Elena M Faioni
Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital and Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Italy
Haematologica 89:195-200. 2004..Factor V HR2 is associated with a mild increase in the risk of venous thromboembolism although not all studies concur on this point...
- Molecular diversity and thrombotic risk in protein S deficiency: the PROSIT studyEugenia Biguzzi
Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Hemophilia and Thrombosis Centre, Department of Internal Medicine and Dermatology, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital and University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Hum Mutat 25:259-69. 2005....
- The factor V HR2 haplotype and the risk of venous thrombosis: a meta-analysisGiancarlo Castaman
Department of Hematology, San Bortolo Hospital, Vicenza, Italy
Haematologica 88:1182-9. 2003..Contrasting results on whether the haplotype induces a significant risk of venous thromboembolism (VTE) have been reported...
- A novel G-to-A mutation in the intron-N of the protein S gene leading to abnormal RNA splicing in a patient with protein S deficiencyGiovanna D'Andrea
Unità di Aterosclerosi e Trombosi IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, Viale Cappuccini, San Giovanni Rotondo, 71013 Foggia, Italy
Haematologica 88:459-64. 2003..Hereditary protein S (PS) deficiency is a rare autosomal disorder of the coagulation pathway associated with familial thrombophilia...
- Association of estrogen receptor-alpha genepolymorphisms with venous thrombosisFederico Lussana
Haematologica 91:279-80. 2006..We studied the distribution of ERalpha polymorphisms in patients with deep vein thrombosis. PvuII PP and XbaI XX genotypes may be associated with an approximately 2-fold increased DVT risk of deep vein thrombosis in men...
- Expression of endothelial protein C receptor and thrombomodulin in human coronary atherosclerotic plaquesPiera Angelica Merlini
Division of Cardiology, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Ital Heart J 5:42-7. 2004....