Affiliation: University of Padova
- Liver transplantation: the Italian experienceS Fagiuali
Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences Department, University Hospital of Padua, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 34:640-8. 2002..Liver transplantation is the standard treatment for patients with end-stage liver disease no longer responsive to conventional medical treatment..
- Natural leukocyte interferon alfa for the treatment of chronic viral hepatitis in heart transplant recipientsStefano Fagiuoli
Gastroenterology, Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padua, Italy
Transplantation 75:982-6. 2003..The aim of this clinical pilot study was to evaluate tolerability, safety, and efficacy of natural leukocyte interferon alfa in the treatment of chronic HBV and HCV in HTx recipients...
- Donor livers with steatosis are safe to use in hepatitis C virus-positive recipientsPatrizia Burra
Gastroenterology Section, Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Liver Transpl 15:619-28. 2009..Steatotic grafts do not seem to exacerbate the progression of fibrosis in HCV+ recipients, nor do they seem to negatively affect 3-year patient survival...
- Hepatitis C virus and liver transplantation: where do we stand?Patrizia Burra
Multivisceral Transplant Unit, Gastroenterology, Department of Surgery, Oncology and Gastroenterology, Padua University Hospital, Padua, Italy
Transpl Int 29:135-52. 2016....
- Anemia and ischemia: myocardial injury in patients with gastrointestinal bleedingFabio Bellotto
Department of Clinical Cardiology, Padua General Hospital, University of Padua Medical School, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padua, Italy
Am J Med 118:548-51. 2005
- The critical issue of hepatocellular carcinoma prognostic classification: which is the best tool available?Umberto Cillo
Clinica Chirurgica I, Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterologiche, University of Padua, School of Medicine, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padua, Italy
J Hepatol 40:124-31. 2004..We investigated the value of known prognostic systems in the particular setting of a surgically oriented Liver Unit where 187 HCC Italian patients were mainly treated with radical therapies (resection and percutaneous ablation)...
- Liver transplantation for the treatment of moderately or well-differentiated hepatocellular carcinomaUmberto Cillo
Clinica Chirurgica I, Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Gastroenterlogiche, Italy
Ann Surg 239:150-9. 2004..To determine the long-term results of liver transplantation for well- or moderately differentiated hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC)...
- Fatal hepatic decompensation in a bone marrow transplant recipient with HBV-related cirrhosis following lamivudine withdrawalAnnarosa Floreani
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padova, Italy
Gastroenterol Clin Biol 30:307-9. 2006..In conclusion, this case shows that physicians should avoid discontinuing nucleoside therapy in patients with HBV infection who undergo immunosuppression for concomitant neoplastic conditions...
- Cost-effectiveness of pretransplant sofosbuvir for preventing recurrent hepatitis C virus infection after liver transplantationAlessandro Vitale
University Hospital of Padua, Padua, Italy
Transpl Int 28:1055-65. 2015..This study proposes a dynamic model based on real-life data from northern Italy for adjusting the costs of pre-LT direct-acting antiviral therapies to the actual sustained virological response reached after LT...
- Protocol liver biopsies in long-term management of patients transplanted for hepatitis B-related liver diseaseStefano Targhetta
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, Gastroenterology Section, University Hospital, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, 35128 Padua, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 12:1706-12. 2006..To evaluate the long-term histological outcome of patients transplanted for HBV-related liver disease and given HBIg prophylaxis indefinitely after LT...
- Diagnosis and management of Wilson's disease: results of a single center experienceValentina Medici
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, Section of Gastroenterology, University of Padova, Italy
J Clin Gastroenterol 40:936-41. 2006..To report on the diagnostic features, management, and clinical outcome after different treatments of Wilson's disease patients followed over a mean period of 15 years...
- Results of a stepwise approach to extrahepatic portal vein obstruction in childrenDaniele Alberti
Paediatric Surgery Gastroenterology Unit Liver Unit Paediatric Hepatology, Gastroenterology, and Transplantation Hospital Papa Giovanni XXIII, Bergamo, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 57:619-26. 2013..We report our experience with a prospective evaluation of a stepwise protocol based on severity of portal hypertension and feasibility of mesoportal bypass (MPB)...
- A method for establishing allocation equity among patients with and without hepatocellular carcinoma on a common liver transplant waiting listAlessandro Vitale
University Hospital of Padua, Italy
J Hepatol 60:290-7. 2014..We describe a model designed to re-establish allocation equity among patient groups using transplant benefit as the common endpoint...
- Endogenous interferon-alpha level is increased in hepatitis C virus (HCV)-positive pregnant womenDelia Maria Paternoster
Department of Gynecological Science and Human Reproduction, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
J Clin Gastroenterol 42:204-7. 2008..However, other cofactors influencing the vertical transmission are still debated...
- Different neurological outcome of liver transplantation for Wilson's disease in two homozygotic twinsMarco Senzolo
Gastroenterology, Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Clin Neurol Neurosurg 109:71-5. 2007..The presence of neurological clinical manifestations in Wilson's disease should recommend caution indicating liver transplantation, because irreversible brain damage may exist...
- Liver transplantation for Wilson's disease: The burden of neurological and psychiatric disordersValentina Medici
Department of Surgical and Gastroenterological Sciences, Gastroenterology and Liver Transplant Sections, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Liver Transpl 11:1056-63. 2005..In conclusion, a combination of hepatic and neuropsychiatric conditions deserves careful neurological evaluation, which should contraindicate OLT in case of severe neurological impairment...
- Percutaneous ablation procedures in cirrhotic patients with hepatocellular carcinoma submitted to liver transplantation: Assessment of efficacy at explant analysis and of safety for tumor recurrenceMaurizio Pompili
Istituto di Medicina Interna e Geriatria, Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Roma, Italy
Liver Transpl 11:1117-26. 2005..RFA provides complete necrosis in most nodules smaller than 3 cm, and appears to be the best treatment option in these cases...
- Micronuclei and broken eggs in human liver carcinogenesisMaria Guido
Department of Diagnostic Medical Sciences and Special Therapies, Pathology Unit, Universita degli Studi di Padova, Italy
Anticancer Res 28:2507-11. 2008..MNi/BE formation may result in activation of the p53-mediated cell cycle checkpoint...
- Liver transplantation for HCV cirrhosis: improved survival in recent years and increased severity of recurrent disease in female recipients: results of a long term retrospective studyLuca S Belli
Hepatology and Abdominal Organ Transplantation Unit, Niguarda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Liver Transpl 13:733-40. 2007..The combination of a female recipient receiving an older graft emerged as a strong risk factor for a severe recurrence...
- Sustained virological response to interferon-alpha is associated with improved outcome in HCV-related cirrhosis: a retrospective studySavino Bruno
Liver Unit, Department of Medicine, AO Fatebenefratelli e Oftalmico, Milan, Italy
Hepatology 45:579-87. 2007..Irrespective of SVR achievement, all patients should continue surveillance because the risk of occurrence of HCC was not entirely avoided...
- HLA-DRB1 donor-recipient mismatch affects the outcome of hepatitis C disease recurrence after liver transplantationLuca Saverio Belli
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Crespi Ospedale Niguarda, Milan, Italy
Gastroenterology 130:695-702. 2006....
- Renal failure and bacterial infections in patients with cirrhosis: epidemiology and clinical featuresSilvano Fasolato
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, General Hospital and University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Hepatology 45:223-9. 2007..A progressive form of renal failure occurs only as a consequence of biliary or gastrointestinal tract infections, SBP, and UTI...
- Hepatitis C minimal residual viremia (MRV) detected by TMA at the end of Peg-IFN plus ribavirin therapy predicts post-treatment relapseMartina Gerotto
VIMM Venetian Institute of Molecular Medicine, Via Orus 2, Padua, Italy
J Hepatol 44:83-7. 2006..We investigated whether minimal residual viremia (MRV) might be detected in these cases by Transcription-Mediated Amplification (TMA)...