Affiliation: University of Padova
- Acupuncture versus valproic acid in the prophylaxis of migraine without aura: a prospective controlled studyE Facco
Cattedra di Anestesiologia Generale e Speciale Odontostomatologica, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Scienze Neurologiche, Psichiatriche, Sensoriali, Ricostruttive E Riabilitative, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 79:634-42. 2013..The pharmacologic treatment of migraine still remains below the expectations. The aim of this study is to compare the effectiveness of traditional acupuncture and valproic acid in migraine prophylaxis...
- Effects of hypnotic focused analgesia on dental pain thresholdEnrico Facco
Department of Medico Surgical Specialities, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, Padua, Italy
Int J Clin Exp Hypn 59:454-68. 2011..During hypnosis, the pain threshold increased significantly (p < .0001) for both sides. The posthypnotic right pain threshold was also significantly (p < .0015) higher than in the basal condition...
- Hypnosis and anesthesia: back to the futureEnrico Facco
Senior Scholar, Studium Patavinum, University of Padua, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol . 2016....
- Modified dental anxiety scale: validation of the italian versionE Facco
Cattedra di Anestesiologia Generale e Speciale Odontostomatologica, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze Scienze Neurologiche, Psichiatriche, Sensoriali, Ricostruttive E Riabilitative, Universita di Padova, Italy
Minerva Stomatol . 2015..The aim of the study was to provide an Italian version of the MDAS and check its reliability in oral surgery, which is a major cause of dental anxiety due to the expected perception of pain and suffering...
- Modified Dental Anxiety Scale: validation of the Italian versionE Facco
Chair of Dental Anesthesia, Department of Neurosciences, Neurological, Psychiatrical, Sensorial, Reconstructive and Rehabilitation Sciences, University of Padua, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 64:295-307. 2015..The aim of the study was to provide an Italian version of the MDAS and check its reliability in oral surgery, which is a major cause of dental anxiety due to the expected perception of pain and suffering...
- Epistemological implications of near-death experiences and other non-ordinary mental expressions: Moving beyond the concept of altered state of consciousnessEnrico Facco
Department of Neurosciences, University of Padua, Italy Inst F Granone Italian Center of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis CIICS, Turin, Italy Electronic address
Med Hypotheses 85:85-93. 2015....
- Near-death experiences between science and prejudiceEnrico Facco
Department of Neurosciences, University of Padova Padova, Italy
Front Hum Neurosci 6:209. 2012..In this sense, they cannot be refused a priori even when they appear implausible with respect to our current knowledge: any other stance implies the risk of turning knowledge into dogma and the adopted paradigm into a sort of theology...
- Near-Death-Like Experiences without Life-Threatening Conditions or Brain Disorders: A Hypothesis from a Case ReportEnrico Facco
Department of Neurosciences, University of Padova Padova, Italy Italian Center for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis Torino, Italy
Front Psychol 3:490. 2012..This evidence is theoretically incompatible with either of the above hypotheses, suggesting that a broader interpretation of the phenomenon is needed...
- Validation of visual analogue scale for anxiety (VAS-A) in preanesthesia evaluationE Facco
Background Anxiety is a relevant but still underscored perioperative problem The Visual Analogue Scale for Anxiety VAS A seems to be effective, fast and manageable, but has not been fully validated yet The aim of this study is to validate VAS A comparing it to, Corah s Dental Anxiety Scale CDAS Spielberger s State Trait Anxiety Inventory STAI and Beck Depression Inventory BDI Methods One hundred consecutive patients 38 males and 62 females, median age 49 years submitted to oral surgery filled out the VAS A, CDAS, STAI forms Y1 and Y2, and BDI at preoperative examination
Minerva Anestesiol 79:1389-95. 2013..The aim of this study is to validate VAS-A comparing it to, Corah's Dental Anxiety Scale (CDAS) Spielberger's State Trait Anxiety Inventory (STAI) and Beck Depression Inventory (BDI)...
- Italian version of Corah's Dental Anxiety Scale: normative data in patients undergoing oral surgery and relationship with the ASA physical status classificationEnrico Facco
Department of Medico Surgical Specialties Section Dentistry, University of Padua, Italy
Anesth Prog 55:109-15. 2008..Five hundred two patients were rated as ASA-PS class P1, 502 as ASA-PS class P2, and 68 as ASA-PS class P3, with a mean DAS score of 9.69, 10.78, and 11.09, respectively: the DAS difference between groups was significant (P< .001)...
- Toward the validation of visual analogue scale for anxietyE Facco
Department of Medico Surgical Specialities, Padova, Italy
Anesth Prog 58:8-13. 2011..VAS-A can be used effectively in the assessment of dental patients, using the values of 5.1 cm and 7.0 cm as cutoff values for anxiety and phobia, respectively...
- Myofascial pain mimicking radicular syndromesE Facco
Department of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Acta Neurochir Suppl 92:147-50. 2005..The reason for this topographical dependence of diagnosis lies in the conventional attitude to focus on the most relevant and frequent organic diseases, thus introducing a bias with relevant epistemological implications...
- Role of short latency evoked potentials in the diagnosis of brain deathEnrico Facco
Department of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology E Meneghetti, University of Padua, Via C Battisti 267, 35121 Padua, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 113:1855-66. 2002..The aim of this study is to confirm the effectiveness of auditory brain-stem responses (ABRs) and somatosensory evoked potentials (SEPs) in the diagnosis of brain death (BD)...
- Neurophysiological correlates of post-hypnotic alexia: a controlled study with Stroop testEdoardo Casiglia
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani, 2, I 35128 Padova, Italy
Am J Clin Hypn 52:219-33. 2010..Posthypnotic alexia is therefore a real and measurable phenomenon, capable of reducing the color-word interference and the haemodynamic effects of the Stroop test...
- 99mTc-HMPAO SPECT in the diagnosis of brain deathE Facco
Dept of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Padua, Italy
Intensive Care Med 24:911-7. 1998..To evaluate the effectiveness of single proton emission tomography (SPECT) with 99mTc-HMPAO in the diagnosis of brain death (BD)...
- Auditory and somatosensory evoked potentials in coma following spontaneous cerebral hemorrhage: early prognosis and outcomeE Facco
Department of Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Padua, Italy
Electroencephalogr Clin Neurophysiol 107:332-8. 1998..Our results confirm the prognostic effectiveness of short latency evoked potentials in cerebral hemorrhage: they are far superior to clinical data, being able to yield a marked decrease of falsely optimistic predictions...
- Relationship between central venous pressure and bioimpedance vector analysis in critically ill patientsA Piccoli
Institute of Internal Medicine, Anesthesiology and Intensive Care, University of Padova, Italy
Crit Care Med 28:132-7. 2000..To assess the relationship between central venous pressure values and bioelectrical impedance vector analysis (BIVA), which may be used as complementary methods in the bedside monitoring of fluid status...
- Myotonia congenita and regional anaesthesia with peripheral nerve stimulation: a case reportG Zanette
Section of General and Special Anaesthesiology, Department of Medico Surgical Specialties, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 73:529-31. 2007..In any case, the anaesthesia plan should be prudent and avoid exposure to known dangerous anaesthetics...
- Psychological Features of Hypnotizability: A First Step Towards Its Empirical DefinitionEnrico Facco
a University of Padua and the Italian Center of Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis CIICS, Turin, Italy
Int J Clin Exp Hypn 65:98-119. 2017..The findings suggest that hypnotizability may relate to stronger perception of the inner world, decreased aptitude for managing memory processing, and increased sensitivity and empathy...
- Top-down regulation of left temporal cortex by hypnotic amusia for rhythm: a pilot study on mismatch negativityEnrico Facco
a University of Padua and Italian Center for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis, Turin, Italy
Int J Clin Exp Hypn 62:129-44. 2014....
- Traditional acupuncture in migraine: a controlled, randomized studyEnrico Facco
University of Padua Department of Medico Surgical Specialties Sect Dentistry, Padua, Italy
Headache 48:398-407. 2008....
- Comparison between ketamine and fentanyl-droperidol for rectal premedication in children: a randomized placebo controlled trialGastone Zanette
Department of Medico Surgical Specialties, Chair of General and Dental Anaesthesiology, University of Padua, Via Giustiniani 2, 35100, Padua, Italy
J Anesth 24:197-203. 2010..This randomized placebo-controlled study was designed to evaluate two premedicants, ketamine versus a combination of fentanyl-droperidol, rectally administered, in pediatric surgical outpatients...
- Measured outcomes with hypnosis as an experimental tool in a cardiovascular physiology laboratoryEdoardo Casiglia
Department of Medicine, University of Padua, Padova, Italy
Int J Clin Exp Hypn 60:241-61. 2012..The article details their results and provides guidelines for researchers interested in replicating their research on hypnosis' effect on the cardiovascular system...
- Evoked potentials in the diagnosis of brain deathEnrico Facco
Department of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology, University of Padua, Italy
Adv Exp Med Biol 550:175-87. 2004
- Confirmatory tests in the diagnosis of brain death: comparison between SPECT and contrast angiographyMarina Munari
Department of Pharmacology and Anesthesiology, University Hospital of Padua, Padova, Italy
Crit Care Med 33:2068-73. 2005..99m)Tc-HMPAO SPECT provides noninvasive, multiplanar imaging of brain tissue perfusion. The aim of this study was to check the reliability of SPECT compared with contrast angiography...
- Electronic dental anaesthesia for third inferior molar surgeryG Zanette
Course of General and Special Odontostomatological Anaesthesia, Unit of Dentistry, Department of Medico Surgical Specialties, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Minerva Stomatol 56:267-79. 2007..The aim of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of Electronic Dental Anaesthesia (EDA) for third molar surgery...
- Successful use of the new high-dose mannitol treatment in patients with Glasgow Coma Scale scores of 3 and bilateral abnormal pupillary widening: a randomized trialJulio Cruz
The Comprehensive International Center for Neuroemergencies and Federal University of São Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Neurosurg 100:376-83. 2004....