Affiliation: University of Milan
- Adverse drug reactions in newborns, infants and toddlers: pediatric pharmacovigilance between present and futureValentina Fabiano
Luigi Sacco Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via GB Grassi, 74, 20157, Milan, Italy
Expert Opin Drug Saf 11:95-105. 2012..Pediatric patients, especially all newborns and infants, are particularly at risk for experiencing drug-related adverse events...
- Long-term body composition and metabolic changes in HIV-infected children switched from stavudine to tenofovir and from protease inhibitors to efavirenzValentina Fabiano
Department of Pediatrics, University of Milan, L Sacco Hospital, Milan, Italy
Eur J Pediatr 172:1089-96. 2013..The probability of high triglycerides was 3% at baseline and increased linearly to become 11% at the 8th year of follow-up (p = ns). The probability of high glucose was 1% for the whole study duration...
- Herpes zoster in an immunocompetent boy following intrauterine exposure to varicella-zoster virusValentina Fabiano
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Italy
Cutis 91:127-8, 140. 2013..We report the case of a 4-year-old immunocompetent boy who developed HZ after intrauterine exposure to VZV...
- Perceptions and patterns of use of generic drugs among Italian family pediatricians: first round results of a web surveyValentina Fabiano
Department of Pediatrics, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Via GB Grassi 74, Milan, Italy
Health Policy 104:247-52. 2012..More information about generic drugs and more research in the field of pediatric pharmacology are needed for increasing generic medicines prescription rate among Italian Family Pediatricians...
- Antiretroviral therapy and pregnancy: effect on cortical bone status of human immunodeficiency virus-infected Caucasian women as assessed by quantitative ultrasonographyStefano Mora
Laboratory of Pediatric Endocrinology, BoNetwork, Division of Metabolic and Cardiovascular Sciences, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, Italy
Calcif Tissue Int 92:394-8. 2013..69). No significant differences were observed between ARV-exposed and control subjects at 4 and 12 months. Our data suggest that ARV during pregnancy and the first year after delivery does not affect negatively cortical bone status...
- Tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and bone mineral density: a 60-month longitudinal study in a cohort of HIV-infected youthsAlessandra Vigano
Pediatric Infectious Diseases Unit, Department of Pediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Antivir Ther 15:1053-8. 2010..The aim of this study was to assess the safety of a TDF-containing antiretroviral (ARV) regimen on BMD in paediatric patients. We report the results of a longitudinal 60-month follow-up study...
- Sclerostin and DKK-1: two important regulators of bone metabolism in HIV-infected youthsStefano Mora
Laboratory of Pediatric Endocrinology, Division of Genetics and Cell Biology, IRCCS San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, 20132, Milan, MI, Italy
Endocrine 49:783-90. 2015..Our data confirm the alteration of bone metabolism pathways in HIV-infected individuals. The lower concentration of Wnt antagonists is consistent with the increased bone formation markers...
- Suicide in pediatrics: epidemiology, risk factors, warning signs and the role of the pediatrician in detecting themDario Dilillo
Department of Pediatrics, Ospedale dei Bambini V Buzzi, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 41:49. 2015....
- Dietary Intakes and Nutritional Issues in Neurologically Impaired ChildrenFrancesca Penagini
Pediatric Department, V Buzzi Children s Hospital, University of Milan, Via Castelvetro 32, 20154 Milan, Italy
Nutrients 7:9400-15. 2015..Early identification and intervention of nutritional issues of NI children with a multidisciplinary approach is crucial to improve the overall health and quality of life of these complex children. ..
- Human papilloma virus vaccination induces strong human papilloma virus specific cell-mediated immune responses in HIV-infected adolescents and young adultsVeronica Rainone
aDepartment of Biomedical and Clinical Sciences L Sacco, University of Milan bDepartment of Pediatrics, University of Milan, L Sacco Hospital cDepartment of Pediatrics, University of Milan, Ospedale dei Bambini V Buzzi dDepartment of Physiopathology Medical Surgery and Transplantation, University of Milan eDon C Gnocchi Foundation ONLUS, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
AIDS 29:739-43. 2015..Notably, results obtained in HIV-infected patients were comparable to those seen in HIV-uninfected age-matched healthy controls...
- Both HIV-infection and long-term antiretroviral therapy are associated with increased common carotid intima-media thickness in HIV-infected adolescents and young adultsAlessandra Vigano
Department of Pediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Curr HIV Res 8:411-7. 2010..To evaluate common carotid artery intima-media thickness (CCIMT) and cardiovascular risk factors in HIV-infected adolescents on combination antiretroviral therapy (cART)...
- Enalapril Associated with Furosemide Induced Acute Kidney Injury in an Infant with Heart Failure. A Case Report, a Revision of the Literature and a Pharmacovigilance Database AnalysisValentina Fabiano
Université degli Studi di Milano, Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital V Buzzi, Milan, Italy
Pharmacology 97:38-42. 2016..Moreover, we strongly suggest an up-to-date revision of the ACE-inhibitor dosing guidelines in pediatric patients to define unambiguously the safe upper limits of this class of drugs. ..
- The multicomponent meningococcal serogroup B vaccine (4CMenB): origin, composition, health impact and unknown aspectsChiara Mameli
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital V Buzzi, Via Castelvetro 32, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Future Microbiol 10:1579-98. 2015..meningitidis escape mutants and the vaccine cost-effectiveness. In this review, we focus on the vaccine composition, clinical trials and suggested schedules, safety data, potential strain coverage and future challenges. ..
- Hemolytic crisis in a G6PD-deficient infant after ingestion of pumpkinGian Vincenzo Zuccotti
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Via G, B, Grassi, 74, 20157 Milan, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 40:71. 2014..This is the first case of hemolysis triggered by ingestion of food cross-contaminated with fava beans...
- Gluten-free diet in children: an approach to a nutritionally adequate and balanced dietFrancesca Penagini
Department of Pediatrics, University of Milan, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Milan 20157, Italy
Nutrients 5:4553-65. 2013....
- Positional plagiocephaly: what the pediatrician needs to know. A reviewLaura Pogliani
Department of Pediatrics, L Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Childs Nerv Syst 27:1867-76. 2011..However, the supine position cannot be considered as the only etiologic factor and different predisposing variables have been investigated in the last few years...
- EXPOsure: Milan, May 1st- October 31st 2015Gian Vincenzo Zuccotti
Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital V Buzzi, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via Castelvetro 32, Milan, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 41:58. 2015..Hospital admission frequencies resulted to be similar in the two Pediatric Departments. ..
- Strategies for preventing influenza: future perspectives in influenza vaccine technologyGian Vincenzo Zuccotti
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milan Italy
Expert Opin Biol Ther 11:1-4. 2011..New perspectives in influenza vaccination technology are making their way in the future panorama of influenza prevention strategies...
- Paediatric pharmacology: Remember the excipientsValentina Fabiano
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via G B Grassi 74, 20157 Milan, Italy
Pharmacol Res 63:362-5. 2011....
- The immunogenicity and safety of a single 0.5 mL dose of virosomal subunit influenza vaccine administered to unprimed children aged ≥6 to <36 months: data from a randomized, Phase III studySusanna Esposito
Pediatric Clinic 1, Department of Pathophysiology and Transplantation, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Fondazione IRCCS Ca Granda Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via Commenda 9, 20122 Milan, Italy
Vaccine 30:7005-12. 2012..Our results show that a single 0.5 mL dose effectively and safely provided long-term immunogenicity to all three influenza strains in unprimed children aged at least 6 to <36 months...
- New insights into rotavirus vaccinesChiara Mameli
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Hum Vaccin Immunother 8:1022-8. 2012..Post-licensure data regarding vaccine impact, effectiveness and safety under routine use are now available and provide a "real-world view". We reviewed published data about the impact of rotavirus vaccines in the post-licensure era...
- Influvac, a trivalent inactivated subunit influenza vaccineGian Vincenzo Zuccotti
Universita degli Studi di Milano, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Department of Pediatrics, Milan, Italy
Expert Opin Biol Ther 11:89-98. 2011..Traditional influenza vaccines have been on the market since the late 1940s, with million of doses administered annually worldwide, and demonstrated a substantial efficacy and safety...
- Safety issues with ethanol as an excipient in drugs intended for pediatric useGian Vincenzo Zuccotti
Department of Pediatrics, Luigi Sacco Hospital, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Via GB Grassi 74, 20157 Milan, Italy 390239042253 390239042254
Expert Opin Drug Saf 10:499-502. 2011..Newborns, infants and children are not able to metabolize ethanol as efficiently as adults; as a consequence, they may be at higher risk of both acute and chronic alcohol-related toxicities...