Affiliation: University of Florence
- A retrospective pooled analysis of response patterns and risk factors in recurrent malignant glioma patients receiving a nitrosourea-based chemotherapyAlessandro Paccapelo
Department of Medical Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, Ospedali Riuniti Umberto I GM Lancisi and G Salesi, Ancona, Italy
J Transl Med 10:90. 2012..We investigated whether FTM could have a different response pattern in respect to time to adjuvant temozolomide failure, or whether specific independent risk factors could be responsible for the wide range of response rates observed...
- Adjuvant radiotherapy for a prostate cancer after renal transplantation and review of the literatureBeatrice Detti
Radiotherapy Unit, AOU Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, 50144 Florence, Italy
Jpn J Clin Oncol 41:1282-6. 2011..According to the few series reported in the literature and also to our experience, radiation therapy is feasible also in renal transplant recipients with accurate treatment planning...
- Management of stage I testicular seminoma over a period of 49 yearsBeatrice Detti
Radiotherapy Unit, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Italy
Onkologie 34:510-4. 2011..The aim of this study was to review the treatment, toxicity, and outcomes in patients with stage I seminoma after orchidectomy...
- Adjuvant and salvage radiotherapy after prostatectomy: outcome analysis of 307 patients with prostate cancerBeatrice Detti
Radioterapia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, 50144 Florence, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 139:147-57. 2013..We analyzed in terms of efficacy, prognostic factors and toxicity the two therapeutic strategies: immediate postoperative radiotherapy (PORT) and salvage radiotherapy (SART)...
- Management of Stage II testicular seminoma over a period of 40 yearsBeatrice Detti
Department of Clinical Pathophysiology, Radiotherapy Unit, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Urol Oncol 27:534-8. 2009..To review the treatment, toxicity, and outcomes in patients with Stage II seminoma after orchidectomy...
- Outcome after conservative surgery and breast irradiation in 5,717 patients with breast cancer: implications for supraclavicular nodal irradiationLorenzo Livi
Radiotherapy Unit, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134 Florence, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 76:978-83. 2010..To evaluate the outcome and predictive factors of patients who underwent breast-conserving surgery and adjuvant radiotherapy to the whole breast only, without supraclavicular nodal irradiation...
- Predictive factors of [18F]-Choline PET/CT in 170 patients with increasing PSA after primary radical treatmentBeatrice Detti
Radioterapia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, 50144 Florence, Italy
J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 139:521-8. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the potential usefulness of [18F]-Choline PET/CT in the restaging of prostate cancer patients, who presented a rising PSA...
- From a waiting list to a priority list: a computerized model for an easy-to-manage and automatically updated priority list in the booking of patients waiting for radiotherapySilvia Scoccianti
Radiation Oncology Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, Florence, Italy
Tumori 98:728-35. 2012....
- Accelerated partial breast irradiation with IMRT: new technical approach and interim analysis of acute toxicity in a phase III randomized clinical trialLorenzo Livi
Radiotherapy Unit, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 77:509-15. 2010....
- Atypical and malignant meningioma: outcome and prognostic factors in 68 irradiated patientsBeatrice Detti
Radioterapia, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, 50144, Florence, Italy
J Neurooncol 115:421-7. 2013..Multicenter prospective studies are necessary to clarify the management and the correct timing of radiotherapy in such a rare disease...
- Changes in neurocognitive functioning and quality of life in adult patients with brain tumors treated with radiotherapySilvia Scoccianti
Radiation Oncology Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera, Universitaria Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134 Florence, Italy
J Neurooncol 108:291-308. 2012..At the same time, delayed radiotherapy could be a valid option for highly selected patients...
- Radiotherapy timing in 4,820 patients with breast cancer: university of florence experienceLorenzo Livi
Radiotherapy Unit, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 73:365-9. 2009..To analyze the relationship between a delay in radiotherapy (RT) after breast-conserving surgery and ipsilateral breast recurrence (BR)...
- Cyberknife stereotactic radiosurgery for the re-irradiation of brain lesions: a single-centre experienceDaniela Greto
Radiotherapy Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Careggi, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134, Florence, Italy
Radiol Med 119:721-6. 2014..The aim of our study was to retrospectively evaluate the feasibility and clinical benefit of cyberknife stereotactic radiosurgery (CSRS) in patients treated at Florence University for recurrent, pre-irradiated brain lesions...
- Protective Effect of Leuprorelin on Radiation-induced Intestinal ToxicityMonica Mangoni
Radiotherapy Unit, Department of Experimental and Clinical Biomedical Sciences, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Anticancer Res 35:3875-84. 2015..We aimed to evaluate if the anti-androgenic drug leuprorelin itself exerts a protective effect on irradiated bowel...
- Radiotherapy and temozolomide in anaplastic astrocytoma: a retrospective multicenter study by the Central Nervous System Study Group of AIRO (Italian Association of Radiation Oncology)Silvia Scoccianti
Radiotherapy Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Careggi, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134 Florence, Italy
Neuro Oncol 14:798-807. 2012..Currently there is not evidence to justify the addition of TMZ to postoperative RT for patients with newly diagnosed AA outside a clinical trial. Results of prospective and randomized trials are needed...
- Patterns of care and survival in a retrospective analysis of 1059 patients with glioblastoma multiforme treated between 2002 and 2007: a multicenter study by the Central Nervous System Study Group of Airo (italian Association of Radiation Oncology)Silvia Scoccianti
Radioterapia, Universita di Firenze, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Careggi, Firenze, Italy
Neurosurgery 67:446-58. 2010....
- Breast cancer following Hodgkin's Disease: the experience of the University of FlorenceIcro Meattini
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Breast J 16:290-6. 2010..In Our Institute we perform a whole life follow up and recommend that annual mammography begins 10 years after HD treatment or, in any case, not later than age 40...
- Symptomatic leptomeningeal and intramedullary metastases from intracranial glioblastoma multiforme: a case reportSilvia Scoccianti
Department of Radiotherapy, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Tumori 94:877-81. 2008..Moreover, very few patients with intracranial glioblastoma develop symptoms from spinal dissemination, with most patients not surviving long enough for spinal disease to become clinically evident...
- Localized prostate cancer treated with intensity-modulated radiotherapyLorenzo Livi
Radiotherapy Department, Florence University, Italy
Tumori 92:197-201. 2006..The aim of this analysis was to describe the acute and when possible late toxicity and the feasibility on using intensity-modulated radiotherapy into our routine work...
- Loco regional failure pattern after lumpectomy and breast irradiation in 4,185 patients with T1 and T2 breast cancer. Implications for nodal irradiationLorenzo Livi
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florence, Italy
Acta Oncol 45:564-70. 2006..Regarding patients with more than three PAN, the number of isolated NR is also small to routinely justify a node irradiation...
- Accelerated intensity-modulated external radiotherapy as a new technical approach to treat the index quadrant after conserving surgery in early breast cancer: a preliminary studyLorenzo Livi
Radiotherapy Department, Florence University, Florence, Italy
Tumori 91:227-32. 2005..We present a novel technical approach to treat the index quadrant after conserving surgery in patients with early breast cancer and study its clinical feasibility...
- Second-line chemotherapy with fotemustine in temozolomide-pretreated patients with relapsing glioblastoma: a single institution experienceSilvia Scoccianti
Department of Radiotherapy, AOU Careggi, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 19:613-20. 2008..Fotemustine has shown therapeutic efficacy as single-drug second-line chemotherapy in treatment of TMZ pretreated patients...
- Late treatment-related complications in 214 patients with extremity soft-tissue sarcoma treated by surgery and postoperative radiation therapyLorenzo Livi
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Florence, Viale Morgagni 85, 50134 Florence, Italy
Am J Surg 191:230-4. 2006..We assessed the occurrence of long-bone fracture and other side effects in a group of 214 consecutive patients who underwent radical excision for soft-tissue sarcoma of the limb followed by postoperative irradiation...