Affiliation: University of Pisa
- Post-treatment diagnostic accuracy of a new enzyme immunoassay to detect Helicobacter pylori in stoolsF Costa
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology, University of Pisa, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:395-401. 2001..Helicobacter pylori has attracted increasing attention among gastroenterologists because of its pathogenic potential, stimulating the search for non-invasive diagnostic tests...
- Calprotectin is a stronger predictive marker of relapse in ulcerative colitis than in Crohn's diseaseF Costa
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Gut 54:364-8. 2005..The aim of our study was to assess whether the predictive value of faecal calprotectin-a non-invasive marker of intestinal inflammation-for clinical relapse is different in ulcerative colitis (UC) and Crohn's disease (CD)...
- Ranitidine bismuth citrate-based triple therapy for seven days, with or without further anti-secretory therapy, is highly effective in patients with duodenal ulcer and Helicobacter pylori infectionS Marchi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:547-50. 2001....
- Role of faecal calprotectin as non-invasive marker of intestinal inflammationF Costa
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Gastroenterology, University of Pisa, Ospedale S Chiara, Via Roma 67, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 35:642-7. 2003..We assessed and compared the faecal calprotectin concentration in patients with organic and functional chronic intestinal disorders...
- Management of chronic constipation in general practiceM Bellini
Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa no 2, 56100, Pisa, Italy
Tech Coloproctol 18:543-9. 2014..Chronic constipation is often diagnosed and treated by general practitioners (GPs). The aim of the study was to evaluate the management of constipation by a cohort of Italian GPs...
- Are sputum eosinophil cationic protein and eosinophils differently associated with clinical and functional findings of asthma?S Cianchetti
Cardio Thoracic and Vascular Department, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Exp Allergy 44:673-80. 2014....
- Mild improvement in symptoms and pulmonary function in a long-term follow-up of patients with toluene diisocyanate-induced asthmaD Talini
Cardiothoracic and Vascular Department, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, Pisa, Italy
Int Arch Allergy Immunol 161:189-94. 2013..Long-term follow-up of diisocyanate-induced occupational asthma has been occasionally reported...
- Lower pH values of weakly acidic refluxes as determinants of heartburn perception in gastroesophageal reflux disease patients with normal esophageal acid exposureN De Bortoli
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Translational Research and New Technologies in Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Dis Esophagus 29:3-9. 2016....
- The general practitioner's approach to irritable bowel syndrome: from intention to practiceM Bellini
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Via Roma, 67, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:934-9. 2005..Although general practitioners play a critical role in the management of irritable bowel syndrome because they deal with the most patients, guidelines are developed mainly by specialists...
- Thrombocytopenic purpura: an unusual complication of eradication therapy for Helicobacter pyloriS Marchi
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 34:665-7. 2002..It is tempting to suggest that an immunological mechanism and splenomegaly were also involved...
- Gastric emptying in myotonic dystrophic patientsM Bellini
Dig Liver Dis 34:484-8. 2002..Although motility disorders may be observed in these patients at any level of the gastrointestinal tract, upper gastrointestinal symptoms have up to now usually been considered to be due to oesophageal rather than gastric dysmotility...
- The daily diary and the questionnaire are not equivalent for the evaluation of bowel habitsMassimo Bellini
Gastrointestinal Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, University of Pisa, Via Paradisa 2, 56126 Pisa, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 42:99-102. 2010..It is unclear whether questionnaires and diary cards, which are widely used to collect data on bowel habits, provide analogous information...
- Pelvic floor dyssynergia and psychiatric disorders. Does the snake bite its tail?M Bellini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 49:135-9. 2003..The aim of the present study was to evaluate whether an increased prevalence of PSY, and of what types, exist in patients affected with PFD...
- Diagnostic accuracy of CT colonography in patients with positive faecal occult blood test: results of the Italian project Legatumori 2003-2006E Neri
Radiologia Diagnostica e Interventistica, Dipartimento di Oncologia, Trapianti e Nuove Tecnologie in Medicina, Universita di Pisa, Via Roma 67, 56100, Pisa, Italy
Radiol Med 114:586-94. 2009....
- Randomised clinical trial: twice daily esomeprazole 40 mg vs. pantoprazole 40 mg in Barrett's oesophagus for 1 yearN De Bortoli
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Pisa, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 33:1019-27. 2011..Barrett's oesophagus is regarded as the most important risk factor for development of oesophageal adenocarcinoma. According to current guidelines, treatment should be limited to symptomatic Barrett's oesophagus...
- Malondialdehyde in exhaled breath condensate as a marker of oxidative stress in different pulmonary diseasesM L Bartoli
Cardiothoracic and Vascular Department, University of Pisa, Ospedale di Cisanello, Via Paradisa 2, 56124 Pisa, Italy
Mediators Inflamm 2011:891752. 2011..Exhaled breath condensate (EBC) collection is a noninvasive method to investigate pulmonary oxidative stress biomarkers such as malondialdehyde (MDA)...
- The effects of the antimuscarinic drugs pirenzepine and atropine on plasma portal levels of somatostatin and gastrin in the dogM Del Tacca
Istituto di Farmacologia Medica, University of Pisa, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 10:507-11. 1987....
- [The commitment of the SIAN in the prevention of the obesity]E Alonzo
SIAN, AUSL 3 Catania
Ann Ig 20:35-41. 2008..In the following sections we present the experiences of some SIANs considered meaningful in order to offer a survey, along the whole country, of what already realised about prevention of the obesity and promotion of correct life styles...
- Stability of sagittal split ramus osteotomy used to correct Class III malocclusion: review of the literatureF Costa
Department of Maxillo-Facial Surgery, Faculty of Medicine, University of Udine, Udine, Italy
Int J Adult Orthodon Orthognath Surg 16:121-9. 2001..The literature published between 1985 and the present concerning this procedure was reviewed, and the authors analyze and discuss skeletal stability and factors contributing to relapse...