Affiliation: University of Udine
- Development of a rapid method for the identification of Lactobacillus spp. isolated from naturally fermented italian sausages using a polymerase chain reaction-temperature gradient gel electrophoresisL Cocolin
Dipartimento Scienze degli Alimenti, Facolta di Agraria, Universita Degli Studi di Udine, Udine, Italy
Lett Appl Microbiol 30:126-9. 2000..No differences were observed comparing the results obtained, apart from five strains identified as L. curvatus that showed a PCR-TGGE profile identical to L. sakei...
- Denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis analysis of the 16S rRNA gene V1 region to monitor dynamic changes in the bacterial population during fermentation of Italian sausagesL Cocolin
Dipartimento di Scienze degli Alimenti, Facolta di Agraria, Universita Degli Studi di Udine, 33100 Udine, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 67:5113-21. 2001..The PCR-DGGE protocol for studying sausage fermentation proved to be a good tool for monitoring the process in real time, and it makes technological adjustments possible when they are required...
- Direct identification in food samples of Listeria spp. and Listeria monocytogenes by molecular methodsLuca Cocolin
Dipartimento Scienze degli Alimenti, Universita Degli Studi di Udine, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 68:6273-82. 2002..in 73 food samples show the potential of the method that can be used as a fast screening test to investigate the presence of Listeria spp. and L. monocytogenes in food...
- Mitochondrial DNA restriction enzyme analysis and evaluation of the enological characteristics of Saccharomyces cerevisiae strains isolated from grapes of the wine-producing area of Collio (Italy)G Comi
Dipartimento di Scienze degli Alimenti, Universita Degli Studi di Udine, Facolta di Agraria, Italy
Int J Food Microbiol 58:117-21. 2000..A weak correlation was observed when the dendrograms obtained from the chemical and genetic results were compared...
- Evaluation of PCR primers for denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis analysis of fungal communities in compostM N Marshall
Department of Biological and Agricultural Engineering, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
J Appl Microbiol 95:934-48. 2003..Three previously published fungal specific PCR primer sets, referred to as the NS, EF and NL primer sets, were evaluated for use in compost microbial community analysis by PCR and denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE)...
- Phenotypic typing, technological properties and safety aspects of Lactococcus garvieae strains from dairy environmentsM G Fortina
Dipartimento di Scienze e Tecnologie Alimentari e Microbiologiche, Universita di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Appl Microbiol 103:445-53. 2007..To characterize Lactococcus garvieae strains of dairy origin and to determine their technological properties and safety for their possible use in starter culture preparation...