Affiliation: University of Milan
- Synchronous adenocarcinoma and carcinoid tumor of the terminal ileum in a Crohn's disease patientUgo Cioffi
Department of Surgery, University of Milan, Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
BMC Cancer 5:157. 2005..Here we report what we believe to be the fourth case of a mixed adenocarcinoid tumor coexisting with Crohn's disease...
- Healing of bronchopleural fistula using a modified Dumon stent: a case reportGiorgio Maria Ferraroli
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano MI, Italy
J Cardiothorac Surg 1:16. 2006..Bronchopleural fistula following lung resection is a therapeutic challenge for thoracic surgeons...
- Laparoscopic wedge resection of a midsized gastrointestinal stromal tumor near the esophagogastric junctionUgo Cioffi
Department of Surgery, University of Milan, Fondazione IRCCS, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, Via F Sforza 35, Milan, Italy
Med Sci Monit 14:CS50-53. 2008..Generally, laparoscopic wedge resection is the preferred means of treating anterior lesions, while the preferred means of treating tumors in the posterior wall and near the esophagogastric junction remains controversial...
- Bilateral Zenker's diverticulum plus middle esophageal diverticulumUgo Cioffi
Department of Surgery, Fondazione IRCCS, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Via F Sforza 35, 20122 Milan, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 32:659. 2007
- Effects of chronic inflammatory bowel diseases on left ventricular structure and function: a study protocolUgo Cioffi
Department of Surgery, University of Milan, Ospedale Maggiore di Milano IRCCS, Via F Sforza, 35 20122, Milano, Italy
BMC Public Health 2:19. 2002....
- Laparoscopic enucleation of solitary true pancreatic cyst in an adultUgo Cioffi
Departments of Surgery, Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 7:921-4. 2003..Laparoscopic ultrasound imaging allowed the surgeon to better identify the morphology of the cyst and its relationship with the adjacent structures. The treatment is briefly reviewed and discussed...
- Elevated serum procollagen type III peptide in splanchnic and peripheral circulation of patients with inflammatory bowel disease submitted to surgeryMatilde De Simone
Department of Surgery, Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, IRCCS, University of Milan, V F Sforza, 35 20122, Milan, Italy
BMC Gastroenterol 4:29. 2004....
- Omentoplasty and thoracoplasty for treating postpneumonectomy bronchopleural fistula in a patient previously submitted to aortic prosthesis implantationMario Nosotti
Department of Surgery Thoracic and Transplant Unit, Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milano, Italy
J Cardiothorac Surg 4:38. 2009..He also underwent thoracoplasty to collapse the residual pleural space. The postoperative course was uneventful. During the follow-up, after thirty months, the patient was asymptomatic, and no recurrence of the fistula was present...
- Multiple right-sided pulmonary nodules: metastatic cancer or resectable early stage tumor?Ugo Cioffi
Department of Surgery, University of Milan, Fondazione IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Milan, Italy
J Cardiothorac Surg 6:105. 2011..Our report suggests that in complicated oncologic cases in which non-invasive diagnostic tools yield incongruous results surgery should be considered without delay...
- Left-sided pancreatic incidentalomas treated with laparoscopic approach: a report of 20 casesMarco Chiarelli
Department of Surgery, Ospedale Alessandro Manzoni, Lecco, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 14:204. 2016..Currently, there are no studies in the literature exploring the laparoscopic approach as treatment for left-sided pancreatic incidentalomas...
- Urgent pulmonary lobectomy for blunt chest trauma: report of three cases without mortalityMarco Chiarelli
Department of Surgery, Ospedale Alessandro Manzoni, Lecco, Italy
J Thorac Dis 8:1825-9. 2016..Currently the mortality associated with pulmonary lobectomy performed for chest trauma is 40%...
- Solitary fibrous tumor of the pleura presenting with syncope episodes when coughingLuigi Santambrogio
Department of Surgery, Thoracic Unit, Fondazione Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, IRCCS, Milan, Italy
World J Surg Oncol 6:86. 2008..Solitary fibrous tumor of the pleura is a rarely encountered clinical entity which may have different clinical pictures. Although the majority of these neoplasms have a benign course, the malignant form has also been reported...
- Left ventricular remodeling after experimental myocardial cryoinjury in ratsMichele M Ciulla
Istituto di Clinica Medica Generale e Terapia Medica, Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, IRCCS, Center of Clinical Physiology and Hypertension, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Surg Res 116:91-7. 2004..This model is therefore suitable to study myocardial repair after injury...
- Effects of surgery on peripheral N-terminal propeptide of type III procollagen in patients with Crohn's diseaseMatilde De Simone
Department of Surgery, Fondazione IRCCS, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Mangiagalli e Regina Elena, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Gastrointest Surg 11:1361-4. 2007..This study investigates the effects of surgery on collagen turnover in patients affected by Crohn's disease (CD)...
- Paravertebral Analgesia in Video-Assisted Thoracic Surgery: A New Hybrid Technique of Catheter Placement for Continuous Anesthetic InfusionUgo Cioffi
Thoracic Surgery Unit, A O San Paolo, Universita degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 63:533-4. 2015..Postoperative analgesia is performed by a continuous infusion of local anesthetics. Our technique is safe and easy to perform and avoids opioid use. It works differently from intercostal analgesia and paravertebral blocks. ..
- Pulmonary artery thrombosis caused by hyperinflation of the native lung six years after single lung transplantation for emphysemaAlessandro Baisi
University of Milan, Department of Surgery Thoracic Unit, Ospedale Maggiore Policlinico, Fondazione IRCCS, Milan, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 131:746-7. 2006
- Intrapericardial left pneumonectomy after induction chemotherapy: the risk of cardiac herniationAlessandro Baisi
Department of Surgery, Thoracic Unit, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 123:1206-7. 2002
- An Alternative Use of Wound Retractor as Camera Trocar in Thoracoscopic SurgeryFederico Raveglia
Thoracic Surgery Unit, ASST Santi Paolo e Carlo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 102:e177-9. 2016....
- Thermal ablation in the treatment of lung cancer: present and futureAlessandro Baisi
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 43:683-6. 2013..In the case of pulmonary metastasis, most authors agree to offer TA only if lesions are smaller than 5 cm...
- Ovarian transmigration of intrauterine deviceMarco Rovati
Department of Surgery, Ospedale San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
J Obstet Gynaecol Res 42:1889-1890. 2016..We present a single case treated with laparoscopy. The aims of this study were to focus attention on the utility of preoperative computed tomography in planning the best surgical approach and to describe the two-port technique...
- Analgesia in patients undergoing thoracotomy: epidural versus paravertebral technique. A randomized, double-blind, prospective studyFederico Raveglia
Department of Thoracic Surgery, A O San Paolo, University of Milan, Milan, Italy Electronic address
J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 147:469-73. 2014..The aim of this study was to compare it with a new technique that involves placement of a catheter in the paravertebral space at the end of surgery under a surgeon's direct vision...
- Poorly differentiated carcinoma arising from adenolymphoma of the parotid glandStefano Ferrero
Pathology Unit, Azienda Ospedaliera S Paolo and Ospedale Maggiore di Milano, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
BMC Surg 3:1. 2003..The absence of clinical symptoms, and the aspecificity of the radiological pattern make the diagnosis very difficult...
- Multiple primary synchronous malignant tumorsAlberto Testori
Department of General and Thoracic Surgery, Humanitas Research Hospital, Via Manzoni 56 Rozzano, 20089, Milan, Italy
BMC Res Notes 8:730. 2015..Patients with primary multiple malignancies are progressively increasing due to prolonged survival of cancer patients and to the advances in diagnostic techniques and therapeutic options...
- Primary multifocal angiosarcoma of the pleuraAlessandro Baisi
Thoracic Surgery Unit, University of Milan, Ospedale San Paolo, 20142 Milan, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 12:1069-70. 2011..It rarely involves the respiratory system, or the pleura, and the prognosis is extremely poor. We present the case of a patient who had a primary multifocal angiosarcoma of the pleura with left-sided chest pain...
- An indeterminate mucin-producing cystic neoplasm containing an undifferentiated carcinoma with osteoclast-like giant cells: a case report of a rare association of pancreatic tumorsMarco Chiarelli
Department of Surgery, Ospedale Alessandro Manzoni, Lecco, Via Dell Eremo 9 11, 23900, Lecco, LC, Italy
BMC Gastroenterol 15:161. 2015..The specific features of the two histotypes and the rapid course of the disease make our clinical case remarkable...
- Video-assisted sleeve lobectomy for mucoepidermoid carcinoma of the left lower lobar bronchus: a case reportLuigi Santambrogio
Department of Surgery, Transplant Unit, University of Milan, Italy
Chest 121:635-6. 2002....
- TGF-beta1 and collagen methabolism in IBD patientsMichele Ciulla
Med Sci Monit 8:LE55-6. 2002