Affiliation: University of Cagliari
- Child and Adolescent Behavior Inventory (CABI): A New Instrument for Epidemiological Studies and Pre-Clinical EvaluationCarlo Cianchetti
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, University Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, Cagliari, Italy
Clin Pract Epidemiol Ment Health 9:51-61. 2013..There is no charge for its use...
- Epileptic seizures and headache/migraine: a review of types of association and terminologyCarlo Cianchetti
Neuropsichiatria Infantile, Epilepsy Unit, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria and University of Cagliari, Italy Electronic address
Seizure 22:679-85. 2013....
- Pure epileptic headache and related manifestations: a video-EEG report and discussion of terminologyCarlo Cianchetti
Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, University, Epilepsy Unit, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, Cagliari, Italy
Epileptic Disord 15:84-92. 2013..Published with video sequences]...
- The role of the neurovascular scalp structures in migraineCarlo Cianchetti
Neuropsichiatria Inf, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, University of Cagliari, Italy
Cephalalgia 32:778-84. 2012..To review reports suggesting a role for neurovascular scalp structures in migraine...
- Pressure-painful scalp arteries in children and adolescents suffering from migraineCarlo Cianchetti
Neuropsichiatria Infantile, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria, Italy
Cephalalgia 31:1576-9. 2011..This study aimed to evaluate the presence of pressure-painful scalp arteries in children and adolescents with migraine...
- Treatment of migraine attacks by compression of temporal superficial arteries using a deviceCarlo Cianchetti
University Department of Neurosciences, Clinical Section of Neuropsichiatria Infantile, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, Cagliari, Italy
Med Sci Monit 15:CR185-8. 2009..We aimed to determine whether the use of a simple device that compresses the temporal superficial arteries can ameliorate migraine pain...
- Compression of superficial temporal arteries by a handmade device: a simple way to block or attenuate migraine attacks in children and adolescentsCarlo Cianchetti
Department of Neurosciences, Clinical Section of Neuropsichiatria Infantile, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, Cagliari, Italy
J Child Neurol 25:67-70. 2010..5% in the first month and 95.7% in the second month; the consumption of antipain drugs dropped from the mean 4.4 +/- 2.6 in the pre-device month to 1.3 +/- 1.6 in the first and 0.6 +/- 0.9 in the second month...
- Painful scalp arteries in migraineCarlo Cianchetti
Neuropsichiatria Inf, Universita di Cagliari, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, Via Ospedale 119, 09124, Cagliari, Italy
J Neurol 257:1642-7. 2010..Painful arteries suggest hypersensitivity of periarterial nociceptive afferents, which is perhaps due to the local presence of endogenous algogenic products, as suggested by our previous studies...
- Capsaicin jelly against migraine painC Cianchetti
Neuropsichiatria Inf, University, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, Cagliari, Italy
Int J Clin Pract 64:457-9. 2010..Topical capsaicin has been found to be efficacious in several types of neuropathic pain. We attempted to verify whether topical periarterial capsaicin could ameliorate pain in absence of and during a migraine attack...
- Effectiveness and safety of antipsychotics in early onset psychoses: a long-term comparisonCarlo Cianchetti
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Hospital University of Cagliari, Italy
Psychiatry Res 189:349-56. 2011..Despite a relevant incidence of adverse effects, clozapine seems to have unique effectiveness in treating children and adolescents with early-onset schizophrenic disorders...
- Scalp periarterial saline efficacy in migraine and relation to exploding and imploding headacheCarlo Cianchetti
University Department of Neurosciences, Clinical Section of Neuropsichiatria Infantile, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
J Neurol 256:1109-13. 2009..The type of pain reported, implosive versus explosive, does not correlate with response to saline infiltration...
- Modified Wisconsin Card Sorting Test: proposal of a supplementary scoring methodCarlo Cianchetti
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, University of Cagliari, Via Ospedale 119, I 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Arch Clin Neuropsychol 20:555-8. 2005..The advantage of adding that parameter to traditional ones is evaluated in a small population of normal children and adults and those affected with pathologies...
- Modified Wisconsin Card Sorting Test (MCST, MWCST): normative data in children 4-13 years old, according to classical and new types of scoringCarlo Cianchetti
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Clin Neuropsychol 21:456-78. 2007....
- Low-dose lamotrigine in West syndromeCarlo Cianchetti
Child Neuropsychiatry, University of Cagliari, Via Ospedale 119, I 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Epilepsy Res 51:199-200. 2002..This suggests the advisability of a trial with low-dose LTG, at least in symptomatic WS resistant to one or two first line drugs. Moreover, it may be of speculative interest as regards pathogenetic mechanisms in some cases of WS...
- Pergolide improvement in neuroleptic-resistant Tourette cases: various mechanisms causing ticsC Cianchetti
Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatric Clinic, University of Cagliari, Via Ospedale 119, I 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Neurol Sci 26:137-9. 2005..Therefore, direct and indirect pathways could be differentially involved in different cases of TD...
- 6R-Tetrahydrobiopterin induces dopamine synthesis in a human neuroblastoma cell line, LA-N-1. A cellular model of DOPA-responsive dystoniaAlessandro Zuddas
Child Neuropsychiatry, Department of Neuroscience, University of Cagliari, Via Ospedale 119, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Brain Res 943:257-62. 2002....
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder: a neuropsychiatric disorder with childhood onsetA Zuddas
Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Department of Neuroscience, University of Cagliari, Italy
Eur J Paediatr Neurol 4:53-62. 2000..Untreated, it predisposes children to psychiatric and social pathology later in life. Unlike other psychiatric disorders of childhood, it can be successfully treated...
- Long-term risperidone for pervasive developmental disorder: efficacy, tolerability, and discontinuationA Zuddas
Child Neurology and Psychiatry, Department of Neuroscience, University of Cagliari, Italy
J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol 10:79-90. 2000..The data indicate that risperidone is an effective and relatively safe drug for long term treatment of behavioral disruption in autistic children and adolescents...
- A family with segregation of an unbalanced translocation (7;13) (q36;q32) in three patients with severe mental retardation, microcephaly and dysmorphic features, detected by subtelomere FISH: genetic counselling and prenatal diagnosisA Nucaro
Istituto di Neurogenetica e Neurofarmacologia CNR, Monserrato, Cagliari, Italy
Genet Couns 19:37-42. 2008..Extensive genetic counseling and prenatal diagnosis has been offered to all the members of the family...
- Early-onset psychoses: comparison of clinical features and adult outcome in 3 diagnostic groupsMaria Giuseppina Ledda
Clinic of Child and Adolescent Neuropsychiatry, Department of Neurosciences, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Child Psychiatry Hum Dev 40:421-37. 2009..The integration of several rating scales differentiated between diagnostic groups more effectively. The similar adult functioning outcome in the SPh and SA groups showed how difficult it is to clearly separate these two disorders...
- Abnormal phonologic processing in familial lateral temporal lobe epilepsy due to a new LGI1 mutationTiziana Pisano
Department of Child Neurology and Psychiatry, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Epilepsia 46:118-23. 2005..We describe the clinical, neuropsychological, and molecular genetic study of a new ADLTLE Italian family...
- Gabapentin in antipsychotic-induced tardive dyskinesia: results of 1-year follow-upMaria Carolina Hardoy
Division of Psychiatry, Department of Public Health, University of Cagliari, Via Liguria 13, 09127, Cagliari, Italy
J Affect Disord 75:125-30. 2003..The results reported in the present paper represent the sequel to the previous study...
- Prevalence of primary blepharospasm in Sardinia, Italy: a service-based surveyGiovanni Cossu
Neurology Service and Stroke Unit, General Hospital S Michele AOB G Brotzu, Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
Mov Disord 21:2005-8. 2006..These results are in line with those obtained in other similar surveys, that is, record-based, and performed in various European regions such as Northern England, the Munich area, as well as the Epidemiologic Study of Dystonia in Europe...
- Increased sensitivity of the neuronal nicotinic receptor alpha 2 subunit causes familial epilepsy with nocturnal wandering and ictal fearPaolo Aridon
Human Molecular Genetics Unit, DIBIT San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Am J Hum Genet 79:342-50. 2006..Compared with the CHRNA4 and CHRNB2 mutations reported elsewhere, CHRNA2 mutations cause a more complex and finalized ictal behavior...