Affiliation: University of Padova
- Simplified gemcitabine and platin regimen in patients with advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) to be proposed as neoadjuvant therapyG Cartei
Medical Oncology, 1st floor IOV IRCCS, Padova, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:v47-51. 2006..The 24-h lag time from 1(st) G and P has not reasonable clinical pharmacology base...
- Chronic anemia due to mitomycin C is drug dose-dependent, normocytic, progressive, related to erythropoietin levels and quantitatively predictable: implications for radiochemotherapyG Cartei
Oncology Section Geriatric Hosp USL 16, Padova, Italy
J Chemother 23:362-6. 2011..001), decreased during MC therapy (p<0.01). For each given MC mg/m² a 0.0372 Hb mg/dl reduction occurred. Chronic anemia due to MC is accompanied by erythropoietin reduction. These results can help in designing chemoradiotherapy...
- Dose finding of ifosfamide administered with a chronic two-week continuous infusionG Cartei
General Oncology, ULSS 16, Padova, Italy
Oncology 65:31-6. 2003..The 14-day c.i. (B) has been investigated in advanced breast cancer and in soft tissue sarcoma patients at a fixed daily dose. The tolerance and response rate (RR) of therapies A and B has been considered encouraging...
- Topoisomerase I, II alpha and II beta mRNA expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of patients with solid tumor: preliminary resultsG Cartei
UOC Medical Oncology, 1 Floor, National Cancer Institute IOV IRCSS, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:v25-28. 2006..Anti-topoisomerase (TPs-inhibitors) drugs exist and are largely used in chemotherapy, however, most often blindly of the cancer TPs status...
- Metastatic oligodendrogliomas: a review of the literature and case reportF Zustovich
Oncologia Medica 1, Istituto Oncologico Veneto I R C C S, Padova, Italy
Acta Neurochir (Wien) 150:699-702; discussion 702-3. 2008..A longer overall survival could increase the risk of extracranial dissemination of gliomas that in the future might become a less rare clinical complication...
- Gemcitabine and liposomal doxorubicin in biliary and hepatic carcinoma (HCC) chemotherapy: preliminary results and review of the literatureD Pastorelli
O U C Medical Oncology, Busonera Hospital 1 floor, National Oncology Institute of Veneto, IOV IRCCS, Padua, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:v153-7. 2006..Systemic chemotherapy in hepatocellular carcinoma represents a palliative treatment. Gemcitabine in combination with Liposomal Doxorubicin (LD) may represent an active treatment option...
- In vitro basis for schedule-dependent interaction between gemcitabine and topoisomerase-targeted drugs in the treatment of colorectal cancerS N Richter
Department of Histology, Microbiology and Medical Biotechnologies, University of Padova, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:v20-24. 2006..While combination of gemcitabine with anti-topoisomerase poisons is routinely used in oncology, little is known on the biological interactions between these drugs...
- Preoperative chemoradiotherapy in cancer of the thoracic esophagusG Terrosu
Department of Surgery, University Hospital Udine, Italy
Dis Esophagus 16:9-16. 2003..08). Multimodal treatment of esophageal cancer showed promising results, although not significant, in terms of survival and disease progression for patients achieving a complete pathologic response...
- Introduction. Gemcitabine: ten years of clinical experienceG Cartei
Ann Oncol 17:v5-6. 2006
- Long-term survival in a randomized study of nonplatinum therapy versus platinum in advanced epithelial ovarian cancerM O Nicoletto
U O C Medical Oncology Department, Istituto Oncologico Veneto, Padua, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 17:986-92. 2007..The overall and disease-free survivals at 5, 10, and 15 years show no statistically significant long-term advantage from the addition of cisplatin; however, there is a slight trend in its favor...
- Erysipeloid skin toxicity induced by gemcitabineF Zustovich
J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol 20:757-8. 2006
- A phase II study of gemcitabine and immunotherapy in renal cancer: preliminary results and review of the literatureF Zustovich
O U C Medical Oncology, Busonera Hospital 1 floor, National Oncology Institute of Veneto IOV IRCCS Padua, Italy
Ann Oncol 17:v133-6. 2006
- Effectiveness and toxicity of "BELD" polychemotherapy in advanced malignant melanomaG Cartei
Divisione di Oncologia Medica, Ospedale Civile, Udine, Italy
Tumori 75:229-32. 1989..One case of progression of disease was observed. However, toxicity was relevant because of 2 early deaths after the first cycle, most probably therapy related, nausea and vomiting (82%), leukopenia (17%) and muscle rigors (11%)...