Affiliation: University of Parma
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (pseudotumor cerebri): descriptive epidemiology, clinical features, and visual outcome in Parma, Italy, 1990 to 1999A Carta
Institute of Ophthalmology, University of Parma, Hospital of Fidenza, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 14:48-54. 2004..To ascertain the annual incidence rate and the clinical features, other than visual outcome, of idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH) in Parma, northern Italy...
- Accuracy of funduscopy to identify true edema versus pseudoedema of the optic discArturo Carta
Ophthalmology Section, Head and Neck Department, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 53:1-6. 2012..Funduscopy remains the first-line investigation. The aim of this study was to assess the accuracy, sensitivity, and specificity of funduscopy in differentiating ODE from PODE...
- Ophthalmologic and systemic features in mÃ¶bius syndrome an italian case seriesArturo Carta
Neuro Ophthalmology Service, Head and Neck Department, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Ophthalmology 118:1518-23. 2011..To describe clinical features in a large series of MÃ¶bius syndrome (MBS) cases, investigating whether specific neuro-ophthalmologic patterns of disease may provide further insight into MBS pathogenesis...
- Ultrastructural analysis of extraocular muscle in chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegiaA Carta
Neuro Ophthalmology Service, Institute of Ophthalmology, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Arch Ophthalmol 118:1441-5. 2000..The ultrastructural aspect herein observed needs to be further investigated to better understand whether a particular muscle fiber type is the target of mitochondrial impairment in CPEO...
- Long-term outcome after conservative treatment of indirect traumatic optic neuropathyA Carta
Institute of Ophthalmology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Eur J Ophthalmol 16:847-50. 2006..To report the long-term outcome of patients with indirect traumatic optic neuropathy (TON) which showed useful vision for a short period after trauma...
- Human extraocular muscles in mitochondrial diseases: comparing chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia with Leber's hereditary optic neuropathyA Carta
Institute of Ophthalmology, University of Parma, Italy
Br J Ophthalmol 89:825-7. 2005..To compare the ultrastructural aspects of human extraocular muscles in two types of mitochondrial disease: chronic progressive external ophthalmoplegia (CPEO) and Leber's hereditary optic neuropathy (LHON)...
- Visual prognosis after indirect traumatic optic neuropathyA Carta
Neuro Ophthalmology Service, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 74:246-8. 2003..To investigate a possible correlation between final visual acuity and the presence at baseline of various systemic and local (orbital/ocular) signs in patients affected by indirect traumatic optic neuropathy...
- Ultrasound biomicroscopy and iris pigment dispersion: a case--control studyP Mora
Institute of Ophthalmology, University of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Br J Ophthalmol 94:428-32. 2010..Different irido-corneal parameters were assessed and compared with those from healthy controls. The aim was to investigate the capacity of the UBM in differentiating the cases and, potentially, in confirming the pathogenic mechanisms...
- Feasibility of a linear scoring method of udder morphology for the selection scheme of Sardinian sheepSara Casu
Istituto Zootecnico e Caseario per la Sardegna, 07040 Olmedo, Italy
J Dairy Sci 89:2200-9. 2006....
- [Susceptibility to varicella-zoster, measles, rosacea and mumps among health care workers in a Northern Italy hospital]S Porru
Sezione di Medicina del Lavoro ed Igiene Industriale, Universita degli Studi di Brescia
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 29:407-9. 2007..Nosocomial transmission of varicella (V), rubella (R), mumps (Mu) and measles (Me) may be a significant cause of morbidity in health care workers (HCW). Susceptible HCW might be a relevant part of the workforce...
- [LBP and disability in nursing personnel performing manual handing of patients in a large Italian hospital]A Carta
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale ed Applicata, Sezione di Medicina del Lavoro ed Igiene Industriale, Universita degli Studi di Brescia, Brescia
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 29:581-3. 2007..The introduction of questionnaires to collect disability and psychosocial factors is highly recommended in periodic health surveillance program of HCW performing manual handling of patients...
- [Upper limb work-related disorders: description of an Italian hospital based case study]S Borghesi
Sezione di Medicina del Lavoro e Igiene Industriale, Universita degli Studi di Brescia
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 29:590-1. 2007..Therefore, it is important that a standardized diagnostic procedure is applied together with an accurate evaluation of biomechanical overload...
- [Injuries with biological risk in a major hospital: analysis of a caseload]D Placidi
Cattedra di Medicina del Lavoro, Universita degli Studi di Brescia
G Ital Med Lav Ergon 24:436-7. 2002....
- Identifying native animals in crossbred populations: the case of the Sardinian goat populationT Sechi
Genetics Applied to Livestock Production, Istituto Zootecnico e Caseario per la Sardegna, Olmedo 07040, Italy
Anim Genet 38:614-20. 2007..A good correspondence between the empirical (morphology and breeding histories) and the objective genetic analysis was found. Both approaches indicate the presence of three different subpopulations in the Sardinian goat population...