Affiliation: University of Genoa
- Quality of life in women undergoing urinary diversion for bladder cancer: results of a multicenter study among long-term disease-free survivorsMauro Gacci
Urologic Clinic I, University of Florence, AOU Careggi, Florence, Italy
Health Qual Life Outcomes 11:43. 2013..1 months; range 36-122 months)...
- [Transvestibular urethrolysis]G Carmignani
Department of Urology, Clinica Urologica L Giuliani, University of Genova, Genova, Italia
Actas Urol Esp 36:379-82. 2012..The way of approach is generally transvaginal. In this paper we propose and describe our experience with a transvestibular approach...
- Urinary and sexual outcomes in long-term (5+ years) prostate cancer disease free survivors after radical prostatectomyMauro Gacci
Department of Urology, University of Florence, Careggi Hospital, Florence, Italy
Health Qual Life Outcomes 7:94. 2009..After long term disease free follow up (FUp) patients reconsider quality of life (QOL) outcomes. Aim of this study is assess QoL in prostate cancer patients who are disease-free at least 5 years after radical prostatectomy (RP)...
- Medical therapy of prostate carcinomaG Carmignani
Urology Unit, Department of Surgical, Anesthesiological Sciences and Transplantations DiSCAT, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Minerva Urol Nefrol 56:147-63. 2004..This paper is an attempt to give to the readers the state of art of medical therapy, even within the limits of a concise review. The authors are aware of these limits but hope that this paper can be useful to the reader...
- Scrotal extraperitoneal hernia of the ureter: case report and literature reviewM Giglio
Luciano Giuliani Department of Urology, University of Genoa, Italy
Urol Int 66:166-8. 2001..We describe a new case of scrotal extraperitoneal ureteral hernia and review the current urological, surgical and radiological literature to analyze the main clinical characteristics of this pathology and its ideal treatment...
- Elective segmental ureterectomy for transitional cell carcinoma of the ureter: long-term follow-up in a series of 73 patientsAlchiede Simonato
Department of Urology L Giuliani, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
BJU Int 110:E744-9. 2012..We report our series on 73 patients treated with Kidney Sparing Surgery for UUT TCC. Good results have been achieved in terms of oncological outcome comparing this conservative approach to the radical nephrourectomy...
- Adult testicular pure yolk sac tumorM Medica
Luciano Giuliani' Department of Urology, University of Genoa, Italy
Urol Int 67:94-6. 2001..We believe that nerve-sparing retroperitoneal lymph node dissection could be potentially curative and useful for future interpretations of this tumor's potential evolution...
- Comparison between Two Different Two-Stage Transperineal Approaches to Treat Urethral Strictures or Bladder Neck Contracture Associated with Severe Urinary Incontinence that Occurred after Pelvic Surgery: Report of Our ExperienceA Simonato
Clinica Urologica L Giuliani, DISC, IRCCS Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria San Martino IST, Genoa, Italy
Adv Urol 2012:481943. 2012....
- Preoperative risk factors for postoperative delirium (POD) after urological surgery in the elderlyP Tognoni
Department of Urology, Urology section University Hospital San Martino, Viale Benedetto XV, N 6, I 16132 Genoa, Italy
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 52:e166-9. 2011..Our findings have implications in preventing delirium in elderly by an early and targeted evaluation...
- Traumatic rupture of the corpora cavernosa: new physiopathologic acquisitionsA F De Rose
Luciano Giuliani Department of Urology, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy
Urology 57:319-22. 2001..Therefore, patients with anomalous albuginea could undergo penile rupture even at intracavernous pressures inferior to pressures usually necessary to cause rupture in patients with healthy albuginea...
- Arterial priapism and cycling: a new worrisome reality?A F De Rose
Department of Urology, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Genova, Italy
Urology 58:462. 2001..Cycling should be considered a possible risk factor for arterial priapism as it is for urethritis, prostatitis, hematuria, testicular torsion, scrotal and penile numbness, and erectile dysfunction...
- Incidental splenectomy during left radical nephrectomy: reasons and ways to avoid itG Carmignani
Department of Urology, Ospedale San Martino, University of Genoa, Largo R Benzi, 10, I 16132 Genoa, Italy
Urol Int 67:195-8. 2001..The potential sequelae of splenic ablation are often underestimated and generally no systematic planned efforts have been undertaken to avoid a splenic injury...
- Roach's mathematical equations in predicting pathological stage in men with clinically localized prostate cancerM Medica
Luciano Giuliani Department of Urology, San Martino Hospital, University of Genoa, Italy
Tumori 87:130-3. 2001..By means of these mathematical formulas, one can assess the correct prognosis and--above all--plan the best therapeutic approach...
- Penile fracture and associated urethral injuryS De Stefani
Department of Urology, University of Trieste, Italy
ScientificWorldJournal 4:92-9. 2004