Affiliation: University of Rome La Sapienza
- Interactional leader-follower sensorimotor communication strategies during repetitive joint actionsMatteo Candidi
Department of Psychology, Sapienza University, Via dei Marsi 78, 00185 Rome, Italy IRCCS, Fondazione Santa Lucia, Via Ardeatina 306, 00100 Rome, Italy
J R Soc Interface 12:0644. 2015..This study elucidates the ways online sensorimotor communication help individuals align their task representations and ultimately improves joint action performance. ..
- Virtual lesion of right posterior superior temporal sulcus modulates conscious visual perception of fearful expressions in faces and bodiesMatteo Candidi
Department of Psychology, University Sapienza, Rome, Italy IRCCS, Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy Electronic address
Cortex 65:184-94. 2015....
- Event-related repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation of posterior superior temporal sulcus improves the detection of threatening postural changes in human bodiesMatteo Candidi
Department of Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, I 00185 Rome, Italy
J Neurosci 31:17547-54. 2011....
- Virtual lesion of ventral premotor cortex impairs visual perception of biomechanically possible but not impossible actionsMatteo Candidi
Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
Soc Neurosci 3:388-400. 2008..Thus, vPMc is crucial for discrimination of the goal of actions that can be actually performed suggesting that this area is involved in the visual processing of goal-directed actions...
- Hands on the future: facilitation of cortico-spinal hand-representation when reading the future tense of hand-related action verbsMatteo Candidi
Department of Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Italy
Eur J Neurosci 32:677-83. 2010..These results indicate that the anticipatory mirroring of hand actions may be triggered by linguistic representations and not only by direct action observation...
- Competing mechanisms for mapping action-related categorical knowledge and observed actionsMatteo Candidi
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Universita di Roma La Sapienza, Via dei Marsi 78, Rome, Italy
Cereb Cortex 20:2832-41. 2010....
- Kinematics fingerprints of leader and follower role-taking during cooperative joint actionsLucia Maria Sacheli
Department of Psychology, University of Rome Sapienza, Via dei Marsi 78, 00185 Rome, Italy
Exp Brain Res 226:473-86. 2013..Our results show that mimicking and signaling are implemented in joint actions according to the interactional role of the agent, which in turn is reflected in the kinematics of each partner...
- Cerebellar metabolic involvement and its correlations with clinical parameters in vestibular neuritisMarco Alessandrini
Department of Clinical Sciences and Translational Medicine, Tor Vergata University, Viale Oxford, 81, 00133, Rome, Italy
J Neurol 261:1976-85. 2014....
- Cortico-spinal embodiment of newly acquired, action-related semantic associationsCarmelo Mario Vicario
Department of Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy IRCCS, Santa Lucia Foundation, Rome, Italy School of Psychology, The University of Queensland, St Lucia, Australia Electronic address
Brain Stimul 6:952-8. 2013..Information on the possible plastic nature of the sensorimotor mapping of action-related knowledge is still lacking...
- Cortical metabolic arrangement during olfactory processing: proposal for a 18F FDG PET/CT methodological approachAlessandro Micarelli
Department of Clinical Sciences and Translational Medicine AM, EB, IP, MA, Tor Vergata University Institute of Cognitive Sciences and Technologies CNR MP, Rome, Italy Department of Nuclear Medicine MP, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden Department of Biomedicine and Prevention AC, Rd, OS, Tor Vergata University Department of Psychology MC, Sapienza University, Rome and IRCCS Neuromed OS, Pozzilli, Italy
Medicine (Baltimore) 93:e103. 2014....
- Compensatory plasticity in the action observation network: virtual lesions of STS enhance anticipatory simulation of seen actionsAlessio Avenanti
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Alma Mater Studiorum, Universita di Bologna, I 40127 Bologna, Italy
Cereb Cortex 23:570-80. 2013..These findings support the active, compensatory, and predictive role of frontoparietal nodes of the AON in the perception and anticipatory simulation of implied actions...
- And yet they act together: interpersonal perception modulates visuo-motor interference and mutual adjustments during a joint-grasping taskLucia Maria Sacheli
Department of Psychology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 7:e50223. 2012..Our study expands current knowledge about on-line motor interactions by showing that visuo-motor interference effects, mutual motor adjustments and motor-learning mechanisms are influenced by social perception...
- Prejudiced interactions: implicit racial bias reduces predictive simulation during joint action with an out-group avatarLucia Maria Sacheli
1 Department of Psychology, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy 2 IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Sci Rep 5:8507. 2015..Thus visuo-motor interference during joint action, likely reflecting predictive embodied simulation of the partner's movements, is affected by cultural inter-individual differences. ..
- Subliminal presentation of emotionally negative vs positive primes increases the perceived beauty of target stimuliVanessa Era
Department of Psychology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy
Exp Brain Res 233:3271-81. 2015..The study expands previous research by showing the effect of subliminal negative emotions on the subjective aesthetic evaluation not only of abstract but also of body images...
- Somatotopic mapping of piano fingering errors in sensorimotor experts: TMS studies in pianists and visually trained musically naivesMatteo Candidi
Department of Psychology, University of Rome Sapienza, Rome I 00185, Italy
Cereb Cortex 24:435-43. 2014....
- Harm avoiders suppress motor resonance to observed immoral actionsMarco Tullio Liuzza
Department of Psychology, Sapienza University of Rome, Via dei Marsi 78, 00185 Rome, Italy and IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Via Ardeatina 306, 00179 Rome, Italy Department of Psychology, Sapienza University of Rome, Via dei Marsi 78, 00185 Rome, Italy and IRCCS Fondazione Santa Lucia, Via Ardeatina 306, 00179 Rome, Italy
Soc Cogn Affect Neurosci 10:72-7. 2015..Thus, a combination of dispositional (personality traits) and situational (morality of an action) variables appears to influence MR with the observed actions. ..
- Vicarious motor activation during action perception: beyond correlational evidenceAlessio Avenanti
Dipartimento di Psicologia, Alma Mater Studiorum, Università di Bologna Bologna, Italy Centro Studi e Ricerche in Neuroscienze Cognitive, Campus di Cesena Cesena, Italy Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico Fondazione Santa Lucia Roma, Italy
Front Hum Neurosci 7:185. 2013....
- Apparent Biological Motion in First and Third Person PerspectiveEmmanuele Tidoni
University of Rome Sapienza, Italy IRCCS, Rome, Italy
Iperception 7:2041669516669156. 2016..These findings are discussed within the context of sensorimotor contributions to body ownership...
- Causative role of left aIPS in coding shared goals during human-avatar complementary joint actionsLucia M Sacheli
1 Department of Psychology, University of Rome Sapienza, Rome I 00185, Italy 2 IRCCS, Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome I 00179, Italy
Nat Commun 6:7544. 2015..Thus, in addition to coding observed and executed action goals, aIPS is crucial in coding 'shared goals', that is, integrating predictions about one's and others' complementary actions. ..
- The right temporoparietal junction plays a causal role in maintaining the internal representation of verticalityFrancesca Fiori
Department of Psychology, Sapienza University of Rome, Rome, Italy IRCCS, Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy and
J Neurophysiol 114:2983-90. 2015..e., vestibular and somatic) to maintain an internal representation of verticality. ..
- Do not resonate with actions: sentence polarity modulates cortico-spinal excitability during action-related sentence readingMarco Tullio Liuzza
Department of Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 6:e16855. 2011..It has been recently shown that processing negative polarity action-related sentences modulates neural activity of premotor and motor cortices...
- Early and phasic cortical metabolic changes in vestibular neuritis onsetMarco Alessandrini
Department of Medical Science and Translational Medicine, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e57596. 2013..The present findings contribute in expanding knowledge about early, fast-changing, and complex cortical responses to pathological vestibular unbalanced processing...
- Out-of-place bodies, out-of-body selvesSalvatore M Aglioti
Department of Psychology, University of Rome La Sapienza, and IRCCS, Fondazione Santa Lucia, Rome, Italy
Neuron 70:173-5. 2011....