Affiliation: University of Perugia
- B-type natriuretic peptide following thoracic surgery: a predictor of postoperative cardiopulmonary complicationsLucio Cagini
Department of Surgical Science, Thoracic Surgery Unit, Ospedale S Maria, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 46:e74-80. 2014..However, the clinical implication of elevated BNP measurements after pulmonary resection has not been completely defined. This study aimed to evaluate the role of BNP in predicting adverse cardiopulmonary events after thoracic surgery...
- Detection of small (≤ 2 cm) pancreatic adenocarcinoma and surrounding parenchyma: correlations between enhancement patterns at triphasic MDCT and histologic featuresMichele Scialpi
Department of Surgical, Radiological and Odontostomatological Sciences, Division of Radiology 2, Perugia University, S, Maria della Misericordia Hospital, S, Andrea delle Fratte, Perugia 06134, Italy
BMC Gastroenterol 14:16. 2014..The aim is to assess the time-density curves (TDCs) and correlate the histologic results for small (≤ 2 cm) PDA and surrounding parenchyma at triphasic Multidetector-row CT (MDCT)...
- Glide video laryngoscope for the management of foreign bodies impacted at the hypopharyngeal level in adultsL Cagini
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Department of Surgical Science, Ospedale S Maria, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Minerva Anestesiol 79:1259-63. 2013..Aim of the study was to assess the feasibility of identifying and removing FBs impacted at crycofaringeal and upper oesophageal sphincter by the video laryngoscope...
- Fluid and electrolyte balance after major thoracic surgery by bioimpedance and endocrine evaluationLucio Cagini
Thoracic Surgery Unit, Ospedale S Maria della Misericordia, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 40:e71-6. 2011..The causes are several and not totally clear. We performed a prospective study to assess the amount of fluid accumulation and redistribution observed after major thoracic surgery...
- Experience with the autologous pulmonary vein for pulmonary arterioplastyFrancesco Puma
Thoracic Surgery Unit, University of Perugia Medical School, Ospedale S Maria della Misericordia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 40:e107-11. 2011..The aim of this study is to determine how safe and effective the graft reconstruction of the pulmonary artery is, using autologous tissue taken from the pulmonary vein...
- Left main bronchus resection and reconstruction. A single institution experienceMark Ragusa
Thoracic Surgery Unit, University of Perugia Medical School, Ospedale S, Maria della Misericordia, Perugia, Italy
J Cardiothorac Surg 7:29. 2012..Left main bronchus resection and reconstruction (LMBRR) is a complex surgical procedure indicated for management of inflammatory, benign and low grade malignant lesions. Its application provides maximal parenchymal sparing...
- Baseline and post-surgery endothelial progenitor cell levels in patients with early-stage non-small-cell lung carcinoma: impact on cancer recurrence and survivalMatteo Pirro
Unit of Internal Medicine, Angiology and Arteriosclerosis Diseases, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 44:e245-52. 2013..The prospective influence of baseline and post-surgery EPC levels on cancer recurrence and survival was investigated...
- Pneumoperitoneum as a valuable option in the treatment of post lower lobectomy bronchopleural fistulaJacopo Vannucci
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University of Perugia Medical School, Perugia, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 21:121-3. 2015..We report a case of a complete right lower lobe bronchial stump reopening, successfully treated by pneumoperitoneum. ..
- Experimental left pneumonectomy in pigs: procedure and managementAntonello Bufalari
Department of Veterinary Medicine, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
J Surg Res 198:208-16. 2015..Because there is no detailed description of procedures and perioperative management of major pulmonary resections in swine, we reviewed our experience to delineate the most effective practice in performing left pneumonectomy...
- MYC and human telomerase gene (TERC) copy number gain in early-stage non-small cell lung cancerAntonella Flacco
Department of Medical Oncology, S Maria della Misericordia Hospital Departments of Electronic and Information Engineering Thoracic Surgery Institute of Pathological Anatomy and Histology, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy Department of Medicine Medical Oncology, University of Colorado Cancer Center, Aurora, CO
Am J Clin Oncol 38:152-8. 2015..We investigated the frequency of MYC and TERC increased gene copy number (GCN) in early-stage non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) and evaluated the correlation of these genomic imbalances with clinicopathologic parameters and outcome...
- TNF-α regulates natriuretic peptides and aquaporins in human bronchial epithelial cells BEAS-2BLetizia Mezzasoma
Department of Experimental Medicine and Biochemical Sciences, University of Perugia, Polo Unico Sant Andrea delle Fratte, 06156 Perugia, Italy
Mediators Inflamm 2013:159349. 2013..Therefore, in this exploratory study, we speculate that TNF-α might be involved in postoperative-fluid retention related to major surgery...