Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Padova
- Human red blood cells alterations in primary aldosteronismLuciana Bordin
Department of Molecular Medicine Biological Chemistry, University of Padua, Viale G Colombo 3, 35131 Padua, Italy
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:2494-501. 2013....
- PLCβ1-SHP-2 complex, PLCβ1 tyrosine dephosphorylation and SHP-2 phosphatase activity: a new part of Angiotensin II signaling?Lorenzo A Calo
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, Clinica Medica University of Padova, School of Medicine, Italy
J Biomed Sci 18:38. 2011..SHP-2 is one such important PTP that also functions as an adaptor to promote downstream signaling pathway. Its role in Ang II signaling remains to be clarified...
- Dapsone hydroxylamine induces premature removal of human erythrocytes by membrane reorganization and antibody bindingLuciana Bordin
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Padova, Viale G Colombo 3, Padua, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 161:1186-99. 2010..Here, we investigated how dapsone and/or its hydroxylamine derivative (DDS-NHOH) induced erythrocyte membrane alterations that could lead to premature cell removal...
- Effect of astaxanthin on human sperm capacitationGabriella Donà
Department of Molecular Medicine Biological Chemistry, University of Padova, Padova 35131, Italy
Mar Drugs 11:1909-19. 2013..It is suggested that Asta can be inserted in the membrane and therefore create capacitation-like membrane alteration which allow Tyr-P of the head. Once this has occurred, AR can take place and involves a higher numbers of cells...
- Band 3 tyr-phosphorylation in normal and glucose-6-phospate dehydrogenase-deficient human erythrocytesLuciana Bordin
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Padova, Viale G Colombo, 3, 35121, Padova, Italy
Mol Membr Biol 22:411-20. 2005....
- Evaluation of erythrocyte band 3 phosphotyrosine level, glutathione content, CA-125, and human epididymal secretory protein E4 as combined parameters in endometriosisLuciana Bordin
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Fertil Steril 94:1616-21. 2010....
- Regulation of membrane band 3 Tyr-phosphorylation by proteolysis of p72(Syk) and possible involvement in senescence processLuciana Bordin
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, Universita di Padova, Viale G Colombo 3, Padua, Italy
Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 41:846-51. 2009..In conclusion, we confirmed the hypothesis that proteolytic cleavage of p72(Syk) is an important regulatory step for band 3 Tyr-P and its independence of the association of band 3 with the cytoskeleton...
- Effector-induced Syk-mediated phosphorylation in human erythrocytesLuciana Bordin
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Padua, Viale G Colombo 3, 35121 Padua, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1745:20-8. 2005..Together these data reveal a complex process controlling the association and catalytic activity of protein tyrosine kinases syk and lyn with the human erythrocyte membrane...
- Inositol administration reduces oxidative stress in erythrocytes of patients with polycystic ovary syndromeGabriella Donà
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Padua, Viale G Colombo 3, Padua, Italy
Eur J Endocrinol 166:703-10. 2012..We investigated oxidative-related alterations in erythrocytes and anti-inflammatory effects of inositol in women with PCOS before and after treatment with myo-inositol (MYO)...
- Evaluation of correct endogenous reactive oxygen species content for human sperm capacitation and involvement of the NADPH oxidase systemGabriella Donà
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Padova, Viale G Colombo 3, 35131 Padova, Italy
Hum Reprod 26:3264-73. 2011..The possible origin of the altered ROS production was also evaluated by apocynin (APO) or oligomycin (Oligo) addition...
- Astaxanthin Improves Human Sperm Capacitation by Inducing Lyn Displacement and ActivationAlessandra Andrisani
Department of Women s and Chilren s Health, University of Padova, Padova 35100, Italy
Mar Drugs 13:5533-51. 2015..Asta, by ameliorating PG sperm functioning, may be utilised to decrease male idiopathic infertility. ..
- Increased oxidation-related glutathionylation and carbonic anhydrase activity in endometriosisAlessandra Andrisani
Department of Women s and Children s Health, University of Padova, Italy
Reprod Biomed Online 28:773-9. 2014....
- The tyrosine phosphatase SHP-1 inhibits proliferation of activated hepatic stellate cells by impairing PDGF receptor signalingElena Tibaldi
Department of Molecular Medicine, University of Padua, Viale G Colombo 3, 35131 Padua, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1843:288-98. 2014....
- Polycystic ovary syndrome: Implications of measurement of plasma aldosterone, renin activity and progesteroneDecio Armanini
Department of Medical and Surgical Sciences Endocrinology, University of Padua, Italy
Steroids 77:655-8. 2012....
- Microalbuminuria and hypertension in pregnancy: role of aldosterone and inflammationDecio Armanini
Department of Medicine Endocrinology, University of Padua, Padua, Italy
J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich) 15:612-4. 2013..Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors and aldosterone receptor blockers are frequently effective in reducing the risk of progression of cardiovascular and renal disease. ..
- SHP-1 tyrosine phosphatase in human erythrocytesMarcantonio Bragadin
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Dorsoduro 2137, University of Padova, 30123 Venezia, Italy
Ann N Y Acad Sci 1095:193-203. 2007....
- Band 3 is an anchor protein and a target for SHP-2 tyrosine phosphatase in human erythrocytesLuciana Bordin
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, and Centro di Studio delle Biomembrane del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, University of Padova, Italy
Blood 100:276-82. 2002..These results indicate that in treated erythrocytes, recruitment of cytosolic SHP-2 to band 3 is a prerequisite for the subsequent dephosphorylation of the transmembrane protein...
- Aldosterone receptor blockers spironolactone and canrenone: two multivalent drugsDecio Armanini
University of Padua, Medicine Endocrinology, Padua, Italy
Expert Opin Pharmacother 15:909-12. 2014..ALDO receptor blockers are recommended in addition to polytherapy for resistant hypertension, but there are no studies on the effect of the drug as first-choice therapy. ..
- Further insights about the beneficial effects of n-3 fatty acids in the early molecular events of renal fibrosis in vitroGiovanna Priante
Nephrology Unit, Department of Medicine DIMED, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Nephrol 26:652-9. 2013..Accumulating experimental and clinical evidence reveals beneficial effects of n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) in kidney disease by modulating inflammation and fibrosis mechanisms that lead to renal failure...
- Interaction between the SH3 domain of Src family kinases and the proline-rich motif of HTLV-1 p13: a novel mechanism underlying delivery of Src family kinases to mitochondriaElena Tibaldi
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Padua, Italy
Biochem J 439:505-16. 2011....
- Band 3 tyr-phosphorylation in human erythrocytes from non-pregnant and pregnant womenLuciana Bordin
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, Universita di Padova, Viale G Colombo, 3, 35121 Padova, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1758:611-9. 2006..Band 3 Tyr-phosphorylation is proposed as a new parameter in the evaluation of erythrocyte membrane arrangement...
- Transient hypercortisolism and symptomatic hyperthyroidism associated to primary hyperparathyroidism in an elderly patient: case report and literature reviewChiara Sabbadin
Department of Medicine Endocrinology, University of Padua, Via Ospedale 105, 35128, Padua, Italy
BMC Endocr Disord 15:4. 2015..Being PHPT frequently found in the 6(th) to 7(th) decade of life, a careful and multifaceted approach should be taken...
- Serum Stem Cell Factor Assay in Elderly Poor Responder Patients Undergoing IVF: A New Biomarker to Customize Follicle Aspiration Cycle by CycleSalvatore Gizzo
Department of Woman and Child Health University of Padua, Padua, Italy
Reprod Sci 23:61-8. 2016..The introduction of s-SCF assay in the management of poor-responder patients may contribute to solving the dilemma of whether to cancel or proceed with the stimulation cycle. ..
- Characterization and location of Src-dependent tyrosine phosphorylation in rat brain mitochondriaMauro Salvi
Dipartimento di Chimica Biologica, Universita di Padova, Centro delle Biomembrane del CNR, Viale G Colombo 3, 35121 Padua, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1589:181-95. 2002..Rat brain mitochondria were also found to possess a marked level of tyrosine phosphatase activity, strongly inhibited by peroxovanadate...
- Arachidonic acid-induced IL-6 expression is mediated by PKC alpha activation in osteoblastic cellsLuciana Bordin
Department of Biological Chemistry, University of Padova, Italy
Biochemistry 42:4485-91. 2003..It is interesting that other unsaturated fatty acids, such as oleic acid (OA) or eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA), are unable to induce either PKC activation or IL-6 gene expression...