Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: University of Pavia
- The Possible Involvement of HLA Class III Haplotype (RAGE, HSP70 and TNF Genes) in Alzheimer's DiseaseChiara Boiocchi
IRCCS National Neurological Institute C Mondino, University of Pavia, Via Mondino 2, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Curr Alzheimer Res 12:997-1005. 2015..0114 and p-value=0.0044 respectively). These data confirm the involvement of HLA class III in AD. ..
- Are Hsp70 protein expression and genetic polymorphism implicated in multiple sclerosis inflammation?Chiara Boiocchi
Inter department Multiple Sclerosis Research Centre, C Mondino National Institute of Neurology Foundation, IRCCS, Pavia, Italy Electronic address
J Neuroimmunol 268:84-8. 2014..In addition, Hsp70-2 protein content in vitro from PBMC was significantly lower in MS patients with GG genotype compared to AA genotype, indicating an implication of the G allele of HSP70-2 gene polymorphism in the development of MS...
- Brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene variants and Alzheimer disease: an association study in an Alzheimer disease Italian populationChiara Boiocchi
IRCCS National Neurological Institute C Mondino, Pavia, Italy
Rejuvenation Res 16:57-66. 2013..005) and a statistically significant increase of CAC haplotype frequency in female patients versus healthy females (p=0.019) was noticed. We propose that these haplotypes could be a further effective marker for AD...
- Association between two polymorphisms in the HLA-G gene and angiographic coronary artery diseaseChiara Boiocchi
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, Department of Genetics and Microbiology, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Mol Med Rep 5:1141-5. 2012..09, 95% confidence interval 1.10-4.02, P=0.03). Our data demonstrate a new risk factor for this multifactorial inflammatory disease...
- Age of onset of myocardial infarction: is promoter polymorphism of the RAGE gene implicated?Chiara Boiocchi
Interdipartimental Center for Research in Molecular Medicine CIRMC, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Rejuvenation Res 14:67-73. 2011..The homozygous AA genotype may exert a protective role against the early development of MI...
- Relationship between sRAGE and eotaxin-3 with CRP in hypertensive patients at high cardiovascular riskColomba Falcone
Interdepartmental Center of Research in Molecular Medicine, University of Pavia, Italy
J Nephrol 26:144-51. 2013....
- CR1 genotype and haplotype involvement in coronary artery disease: the pivotal role of hypertension and dyslipidemiaChiara Boiocchi
CIRMC, University of Pavia, and Department of Cardiology, Istituto di Cura Città di Pavia University Hospital, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Int J Mol Med 24:181-7. 2009..029) were demonstrated. Our data showed a possible involvement of CR1 gene polymorphisms in the predisposition to the development of this disease...
- APJ polymorphisms in coronary artery disease patients with and without hypertensionColomba Falcone
Interdepartimental Center for Research in Molecular Medicine CIRMC, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Mol Med Rep 5:321-5. 2012....
- Coronary artery disease and depression: possible role of brain-derived neurotrophic factor and serotonin transporter gene polymorphismsSara Bozzini
Interdepartmental Center for Research in Molecular Medicine CIRMC, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Int J Mol Med 24:813-8. 2009..Although no differences were found for genotype and allelic frequencies of the -1438 G/A polymorphism between the CAD patients and controls, we cannot exclude the possible role of this receptor in coronary artery disease...
- Microalbuminuria and sRAGE in high-risk hypertensive patients treated with nifedipine/telmisartan combination treatment: a substudy of TALENTColomba Falcone
Interdepartmental Center of Research in Molecular Medicine CIRMC, University of Pavia, 27100 Pavia, Italy
Mediators Inflamm 2012:874149. 2012..Long-term treatment with a combination of nifedipine-telmisartan may have a beneficial effect increasing sRAGE plasma levels, thus exerting an atheroprotective and anti-inflammatory activity...
- HLA class III genes involvement in Kawasaki disease: a case-control study in Caucasian populationElisa Maggioli
Laboratory of Immunogenetics, Department of Biology and Biotechnology L Spallanzani, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Int J Immunogenet 41:44-53. 2014..0001), which could have a role in protecting from the inflammatory processes that characterize the disease progression. The results obtained point to a possible involvement of the entire HLA class III region in KD susceptibility. ..
- The -374T/A RAGE polymorphism protects against future cardiac events in nondiabetic patients with coronary artery diseaseColomba Falcone
Department of Cardiology, University Hospital Fondazione IRCCS San Matteo, Pavia, Italy Interdepartmental Center for Research in Prevention of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disorders CIRMC, University of Pavia, Pavia, Italy
Arch Med Res 39:320-5. 2008..Hereto we sought to address this issue in a large consecutive cohort of patients undergoing coronary revascularization...