Affiliation: University of Siena
- Emerging drugs in chronic myelogenous leukaemiaMonica Bocchia
Universita di Siena, Sezione di Ematologia e Trapianti, Dipartimento di Medicina Clinica e Scienze Immunologiche, AOUS, Viale Bracci 53100 Siena, Italy
Expert Opin Emerg Drugs 11:651-64. 2006..Furthermore, additive immunotherapeutic strategies are emerging to synergise with imatinib in the elimination of molecular residual disease. This paper reviews the current details regarding these approaches and their developments...
- Peptide vaccines for hematological malignancies: a missed promise?Monica Bocchia
Department of Hematology, University of Siena, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese, Viale Bracci 16, 53100, Siena, Italy
Int J Hematol 99:107-16. 2014....
- Effect of a p210 multipeptide vaccine associated with imatinib or interferon in patients with chronic myeloid leukaemia and persistent residual disease: a multicentre observational trialM Bocchia
Department of Haematology, Siena University, Siena, Italy
Lancet 365:657-62. 2005..We investigated whether a vaccine targeting the BCR-ABL-derived p210 fusion protein was an active and specific immunotherapy...
- Complete molecular response in CML after p210 BCR-ABL1-derived peptide vaccinationMonica Bocchia
Hematology and Transplants, University of Siena and AOUS, Viale Bracci 16, 53100 Siena, Italy
Nat Rev Clin Oncol 7:600-3. 2010..Disease remained at molecular level...
- Favorable impact of low-dose fludarabine plus epirubicin and cyclophosphamide regimen (FLEC) as treatment for low-grade non-Hodgkin's lymphomasM Bocchia
Cattedra e Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedale Sclavo, via Tufi, 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Haematologica 84:716-20. 1999..The aim of this study was to evaluate a strategy aimed at lowering therapy-related toxic effects without affecting the reported good response rate...
- Fludarabine containing-regimens may adversely affect peripheral blood stem cell collection in low-grade non Hodgkin lymphoma patientsD Laszlo
Department of Hematology, University of Siena, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 37:157-61. 2000....
- Unusual discordant responses in two multiple myeloma patients during bortezomib treatmentMaria Teresa Pirrotta
Division of Hematology and Transplants, University of Siena, Policlinico Santa aria alle Scotte, Siena, Italy
Onkologie 31:45-7. 2008..Cases of discordant responses in multiple myeloma (MM) patients after thalidomide therapy have been sometimes reported, in which extramedullary masses progress or present de novo with a simultaneous serum monoclonal protein reduction...
- Weekly administration of 2-chlorodeoxyadenosine in patients with hairy-cell leukemia is effective and reduces infectious complicationsF Lauria
Department of Hematology, University of Siena, Italy
Haematologica 84:22-5. 1999..In the present study we report response rate and toxicity of weekly 2CdA administration in a larger cohort of patients and with a longer follow-up...
- CD30 positive (non-anaplastic) peripheral T-cell lymphoma of the thyroid glandF Forconi
Cattedra e Divisione di Ematologia, Ospedale Sclavo, Via Tufi 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Haematologica 84:946-8. 1999..We report a case of CD30-positive non-anaplastic (ALK1-negative) peripheral T cell lymphoma of the thyroid gland and speculate on aspects concerning diagnosis and the morphologic and immunohistochemical findings...
- Low-dose fludarabine and cyclophosphamide in elderly patients with B-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia refractory to conventional therapyG Marotta
Department of Hematology, A Sclavo Hospital, via Tufi, 1 53100 Siena, Italy
Haematologica 85:1268-70. 2000....
- Disseminated mucormycosis in a patient with acute myeloblastic leukemia misdiagnosed as infection by Enterococcus faeciumS Sammassimo
Department of Hematology and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Clin Microbiol 42:487-9. 2004..The presentation was unusual because the early symptoms were fever and pain, and the disease was misdiagnosed because of a concomitant infection by Enterococcus faecium...
- Multiple myeloma involving the cavernous sinus: a report of 3 cases and response to bortezomibAlessandro Gozzetti
Division of Hematology and Transplants, Policlinico Santa Maria alle Scotte, University of Siena, Italy
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma 7:376-8. 2007....
- A novel t(6;7)(p24;q21) in a chronic myelocytic leukemia in complete cytogenetic remission after therapy with imatinib mesylateAlessandro Gozzetti
Division of Hematology and Transplants, Department of Medicine and Immunological Sciences, University of Siena, Policlinico Le Scotte, 53100 Siena, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 148:152-4. 2004....
- Weekly bortezomib, pegylated liposomal doxorubicin, and dexamethasone is a safe and effective therapy for elderly patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myelomaAlessandro Gozzetti
Division of Hematology and Transplants, University of Siena, Italy
Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk 10:68-72. 2010..The synergic, additive effect of bortezomib and pegylated liposomal doxorubicin (PLD) has never been tested in an elderly group of patients with relapsed/refractory multiple myeloma (MM)...
- Efficacy of anti-CD20 monoclonal antibodies (Mabthera) in patients with progressed hairy cell leukemiaF Lauria
Department of Hematology A Sclavo Hospital, Via Tufi 1, 53100 Siena, Italy
Haematologica 86:1046-50. 2001..Based on these premises we evaluated the efficacy and the toxicity of chimeric anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody (MoAb) in relapsed/progressed hairy cell leukemia (HCL)...
- A solitary uterine relapse in T-cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia: CT features and pathologic correlationM A Mazzei
Department of Medical, Surgical and Neuro Sciences, Diagnostic Imaging, Azienda Ospedaliera Universitaria Senese, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
J Biol Regul Homeost Agents 30:871-875. 2016....
- Myeloid sarcoma and adenocarcinoma of the large bowel as collision tumors: a case reportB J Rocca
Department of Human Pathology and Oncology, Anatomic Pathology Section, University of Siena, Italy
Histol Histopathol 27:941-7. 2012..Since only one case report has evaluated the correlation between myeloid sarcoma and adenocarcinoma of the large bowel, further immunohistochemical and molecular studies are needed to clarify the pathogenetic relationship between them...
- Pilot study of gemtuzumab ozogamicin (GO), fludarabine, cytarabine and idarubicin combined regimen (GO-FLAI) as first-line induction therapy plus GO alone as consolidation therapy for elderly acute myeloid leukemia patientsMaria Teresa Pirrotta
Department of Hematology, University of Siena, Siena, Italy
Acta Haematol 118:7-9. 2007
- Promyelocytic blast crisis of chronic myelogenous leukemia during imatinib treatmentAlessandro Gozzetti
Acta Haematol 117:236-7. 2007
- Concomitant t(4;11) and t(1;19) in a patient with biphenotypic acute leukemiaAlessandro Gozzetti
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 177:81-2. 2007
- Emergence of Ph negative clones in chronic myeloid leukemia (CML) patients in complete cytogenetic remission after therapy with imatinib mesylate (STI)Alessandro Gozzetti
Eur J Haematol 71:313-4. 2003
- Imatinib mesylate in the treatment of c-kit-positive acute myeloid leukemia: is this the real target?Michele Malagola
Blood 105:904; author reply 905. 2005
- Incidence of bacterial and fungal infections in newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukaemia patients younger than 65 yr treated with induction regimens including fludarabine: retrospective analysis of 224 casesMichele Malagola
Unit of Blood Diseases and Cell Therapies, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Eur J Haematol 81:354-63. 2008..The intensification of induction chemotherapy and the use of non-conventional drugs such as fludarabine are considered responsible for the increased risk of infections...
- Multicentre phase III trial on fludarabine, cytarabine (Ara-C), and idarubicin versus idarubicin, Ara-C and etoposide for induction treatment of younger, newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukaemia patientsDomenico Russo
Unit of Blood Diseases and Cell Therapy, Brescia University, Brescia, Italy
Br J Haematol 131:172-9. 2005..Our prospective randomised study confirmed the anti-leukaemic effect and the low toxic profile of FLAI as induction treatment for newly diagnosed AML patients...
- Low-grade non Hodgkin's lymphomas in the elderly: impact of a low-dose fludarabine-based combination regimen (mini-FLEC)Monica Bocchia
Haematologica 88:358-60. 2003
- Is there any role left for p210-derived peptide vaccines in chronic myeloid leukemia?Monica Bocchia
Haematologica 87:675-7. 2002
- A case of i(11)(q10) as sole cytogenetic abnormality in a patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaAlessandro Gozzetti
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 154:193-4. 2004
- Concomitant chronic myeloid leukemia and chronic lymphocytic leukemia: a different clonal origin shown by molecular cytogeneticsAlessandro Gozzetti
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 180:83-4. 2008
- Insights into JAK2-V617F mutation in CMLMonica Bocchia
Lancet Oncol 8:864-6. 2007
- Case-control study of multidrug resistance phenotype and response to induction treatment including or not fludarabine in newly diagnosed acute myeloid leukaemia patientsMichele Malagola
Chair of Haematology, Unit of Blood Diseases and Cell Therapies, University of Brescia, Brescia, Italy
Br J Haematol 136:87-95. 2007..In this setting of patients, large prospective randomised studies should be planned...
- Thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura secondary to an occult adenocarcinomaMaria Teresa Pirrotta
Oncologist 10:299-300. 2005
- Trisomy 13 in a patient with acute myeloid leukemia M0 and unusual durable remissionAlessandro Gozzetti
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 167:182. 2006
- Massive intravascular hemolysis: a fatal complication of Clostridium perfringens septicemia in a patient with acute lymphoblastic leukemiaMaria Teresa Pirrotta
Leuk Lymphoma 46:793. 2005
- Low-dose thalidomide-induced agranulocytosis in a multiple myeloma patient treated at diagnosisSerena Mazzotta
Department of Medicine and Immunological Sciences, Division of Hematology and Transplants, University of Siena, Italy
Leuk Lymphoma 46:1837-8. 2005..A brief review of the literature and suggestions for possible predictive factors of this toxicity are made...