Affiliation: University of Cagliari
- Fifteen-year follow-up of thyroid function in lithium patientsA Bocchetta
Section of Clinical Pharmacology, Bernard B Brodie Department of Neurosciences, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
J Endocrinol Invest 30:363-6. 2007..To study prospectively the course of clinically relevant thyroid dysfunction in a cohort of patients on long-term lithium treatment...
- Renal function during long-term lithium treatment: a cross-sectional and longitudinal studyAlberto Bocchetta
Section of Neuroscience and Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Cagliari, Via Ospedale 54, Cagliari 09124, Italy
BMC Med 13:12. 2015..The effects of lithium treatment on renal function have been previously shown, albeit with discrepancies regarding their relevance. In this study, we examined glomerular filtration rate in patients treated with lithium for up to 33 years...
- Duration of lithium treatment is a risk factor for reduced glomerular function: a cross-sectional studyAlberto Bocchetta
Section of Neuroscience and Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Cagliari, Via Ospedale 54, Cagliari, 09124 Italy
BMC Med 11:33. 2013..In this cross-sectional study, we examined glomerular function in a cohort of patients treated with lithium for up to 33 years and a control group of lithium-naïve patients treated with other mood-stabilizers...
- Affective psychosis, Hashimoto's thyroiditis, and brain perfusion abnormalities: case reportAlberto Bocchetta
Sezione di Farmacologia Clinica, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze Bernard B Brodie, Universita di Cagliari, Azienda Ospedaliero Universitaria di Cagliari, Via Ospedale 46, 09124 Cagliari, Italy
Clin Pract Epidemiol Ment Health 3:31. 2007..We report a case in which Hashimoto's thyroiditis was suspected to be involved in the deteriorating course of mood disorder and discuss potential pathogenic mechanisms linking thyroid autoimmunity with psychopathology...
- Ten-year follow-up of thyroid function in lithium patientsA Bocchetta
Bernard B Brodie Department of Neurosciences, School of Medicine, University of Cagliari, Italy
J Clin Psychopharmacol 21:594-8. 2001..However, lithium exposure may represent an additional risk factor for hypothyroidism in women and/or in the presence of thyroid autoimmunity...
- Association of personal and familial suicide risk with low serum cholesterol concentration in male lithium patientsA Bocchetta
Department of Neurosciences 'Bernard B. Brodie, University of Cagliari, Cagliari, Italy
Acta Psychiatr Scand 104:37-41. 2001..CONCLUSION: Low cholesterol concentration should be studied further as a potential biological/genetic marker of suicide risk...
- Maternal inheritance of manic depression in hemizygotes for the G6PD-Mediterranean mutation. Indirect evidence for Xq28 transmission in SardiniaA Bocchetta
Bernard B Brodie Department of Neurosciences, University of Cagliari, Italy
Psychiatr Genet 9:63-8. 1999..Our study cannot implicate or exclude a direct role for G6PD deficiency in the aetiology of manic depression...
- Familial rates of affective illness in Sardinia with special reference to schizoaffective disorderA Bocchetta
Department of Neurosciences B.B. Brodie University of Cagliari, Italy
Eur Arch Psychiatry Clin Neurosci 240:16-20. 1990..A significantly higher risk for bipolar schizoaffective disorder was observed in relatives of bipolar schizoaffectives compared with relatives of normal probands...