Affiliation: University of Padova
- Analysis of gene expression during flowering in apomeiotic mutants of Medicago spp.: cloning of ESTs and candidate genes for 2n eggsG Barcaccia
Dipartimento di Agronomia Ambientale e Produzioni Vegetali, University of Padua, Agripolis, Via Romea 16, 35020 Legnaro, Padua, Italy
Sex Plant Reprod 14:233-8. 2001..Experimental achievements towards the elucidation of apomeiotic megasporogenesis in alfalfa are presented and discussed. ..
- Characterization and evolution of the cell cycle-associated mob domain-containing proteins in eukaryotesNicola Vitulo
Dipartimento di Biologia, University of Padova, Viale G Colombo 3, 35121, Padova
Evol Bioinform Online 3:121-58. 2007..The possible biological and molecular function of Mob proteins and their role in conserved signaling pathways related to cell proliferation, cell death and cell polarity are also presented and critically discussed...
- The coding region of the UFGT gene is a source of diagnostic SNP markers that allow single-locus DNA genotyping for the assessment of cultivar identity and ancestry in grapevine (Vitis vinifera L.)Silvia Nicolé
Laboratory of Plant Genetics and Genomics, DAFNAE, University of Padova, Campus of Agripolis Viale Università 16, 35020 Padova, Legnaro, Italy
BMC Res Notes 6:502. 2013..The difficulty in recognizing grapevine genotypes based on ampelographic traits and secondary metabolites prompted the development of molecular markers suitable for achieving variety genetic identification...
- Development of a rapid and inexpensive method to reveal natural antisense transcriptsSilvio Collani
Laboratory of Plant Genetics and Genomics, DAFNAE University of Padova, Campus of Agripolis, Viale dell Universita 16, 35020 Legnaro, PD, Italy
Plant Methods 8:37. 2012..NATs are also involved in several human diseases...
- Computational annotation of genes differentially expressed along olive fruit developmentGiulio Galla
Scuola Superiore Sant Anna Pisa, Piazza Martiri della Libertà 33, 56127 Pisa, Italy
BMC Plant Biol 9:128. 2009..This study deals with the identification of large sets of differentially expressed genes in developing olive fruits and the subsequent computational annotation by means of different software...
- Large-scale Gene Ontology analysis of plant transcriptome-derived sequences retrieved by AFLP technologyAlessandro Botton
Department of Environmental Agronomy and Crop Science, University of Padova, Viale dell Universita 16, Campus of Agripolis, 35020 Legnaro, Italy
BMC Genomics 9:347. 2008..In this paper, the functional annotation of about 8,000 AFLP-derived ESTs retrieved in the NCBI databases was carried out by using GO terminology...
- Linkage mapping in tetraploid willows: segregation of molecular markers and estimation of linkage phases support an allotetraploid structure for Salix alba x Salix fragilis interspecific hybridsG Barcaccia
Department of Environmental Agronomy and Crop Production, University of Padova, Agripolis, Via Romea 16, I 35020 Legnaro, Padova, Italy
Heredity (Edinb) 90:169-80. 2003..alba- and S. fragilis-specific markers found in both parental combinations (on average, 65.3 vs 34.7%, respectively) supports the (phylogenetic) hypothesis that S. fragilis is derived from S. alba-like progenitors...
- Genetic diversity and reproductive biology in ecotypes of the facultative apomict Hypericum perforatum LG Barcaccia
Dipartimento di Agronomia Ambientale e Produzioni Vegetali, Universita di Padova, Viale dell Universita 16, 35020 Legnaro Padova, Italy
Heredity (Edinb) 96:322-34. 2006..Our observations suggest that the egg cell exists in an active metabolic state before pollination, and that its parthenogenetic activation leading to embryo formation may occur before fertilisation and endosperm initiation...
- Inheritance and mapping of 2n-egg production in diploid alfalfaG Barcaccia
Dipartimento di Agronomia Ambientale e Produzioni Vegetali, University of Padova, Legnaro, Italy
Genome 43:528-37. 2000..Two of these genes were linked to previously mapped RFLP loci belonging to groups 1 and 8. Molecular and genetic evidence support the involvement of at least five genes...
- The cytohistological basis of apospory in Hypericum perforatum LG Galla
Department of Environmental Agronomy and Crop Science, Laboratory of Plant Genetics and Genomics, University of Padova, Legnaro, Italy
Sex Plant Reprod 24:47-61. 2011..These data provide new insights into the production of aposporous seeds in H. perforatum, and complement ongoing population genetic, genomic and transcriptomic studies...
- A survey of genetic diversity and reproductive biology of Puya raimondii (Bromeliaceae), the endangered queen of the AndesS Sgorbati
Dipartimento di Scienze dell Ambiente e del Territorio, Universita di Milano Bicocca, p zza della Scienza 1, 20126 Milano, Italy
Plant Biol (Stuttg) 6:222-30. 2004..There is an urgent need for a protection programme to save not only this precious, isolated species, but also the unique ecosystem depending on it...
- Development of S-SAP markers based on an LTR-like sequence from Medicago sativa LA Porceddu
Dipartimento di Biologia Vegetale e Biotecnologie Agroambientali, University of Perugia, Borgo XX Giugno 74, 06121 Perugia, Italy
Mol Genet Genomics 267:107-14. 2002..As the technique was successfully applied to other species of the genus Medicago, it should prove suitable for studying genetic diversity within, and relatedness between, alfalfa species...