Affiliation: University of Pittsburgh
- Atrial septostomy in patients with end-stage pulmonary hypertension. No more needles but wires, energy and close anatomical definitionRoberto Baglini
ISMETT, University of Pittsburgh European Center, Palermo, Italy
J Interv Cardiol 26:62-8. 2013..To assess the usefulness of a new approach to atrial septal puncture and septostomy in patients with end-stage pulmonary hypertension...
- The new patent foramen ovale occluder FIGULLA in complex septal anatomy: a case seriesRoberto Baglini
Department of Interventional Cardiology, ISMETT, University of Pittsburgh European Centre, Via Tricomi 1, 90100 Palermo, Italy
Ther Adv Cardiovasc Dis 7:21-6. 2013..The aim of this study was to describe a case series of patients with PFO and complex septal anatomy who underwent percutaneous correction using a FIGULLA (Occlutech) septal occluder (FSO)...
- In-stent thrombosis after 68 months of implantation inspite of continuous dual antiplatelet therapy: a case reportTarun Nagrani
Department of Medicine, Staten Island University Hospital, 475 Seaview Ave, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA
Cases J 3:68. 2010..We present a case of late stent thrombosis (LST) following DES implantation after a period of 68 months, making it the longest reported case of LST reported in the literature, despite the use of dual anti-platelet therapy...
- Spontaneous coronary hematoma during systemic thrombolysis for acute myocardial infarction: intracoronary ultrasound findings, percutaneous coronary intervention and complicationsR Baglini
Unit of Interventional Cardiology, The Mediterranean Institute for Transplantation and Advanced Specialized Therapies IsMeTT Palermo, Italy
Minerva Cardioangiol 55:509-12. 2007..The peculiar intravascular ultrasound features, therapy options, complications after stenting and follow-up are described...
- Reduction of a previous atrial septostomy in a patient with end-stage pulmonary hypertension by a manually fenestrated deviceRoberto Baglini
Department of Interventional Cardiology, ISMETT, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Palermo, Italy
Cardiovasc Revasc Med 11:264.e9-11. 2010..A new method to correct such severe complication of atrial septostomy is described, consisting in a graded reduction of the right to left atrial shunt by deployment of a manually perforated atrial septal closure device...
- Effects of abciximab on microvascular integrity and left ventricular functional recovery in patients with acute infarction treated by primary coronary angioplastyA S Petronio
Cardiothoracic Department, University of Pisa, Ospedale Cisanello, Pisa, Italy
Eur Heart J 24:67-76. 2003..To investigate the effect of abciximab on microvascular integrity and left ventricular (LV) functional recovery in patients with acute myocardial infarction (MI) treated by primary coronary angioplasty (PTCA)...