Affiliation: University of Perugia
- PET and PET-CT in radiation treatment planning for lung cancerCynthia Aristei
Radiation Oncology Section, Department of Surgical, Radiological and Odontostomatological Sciences, University of Perugia, Ospedale Santa Maria della Misericordia, Sant Andrea delle Fratte, 06156 Perugia, Italy
Expert Rev Anticancer Ther 10:571-84. 2010..In non-small-cell lung cancer, PET appears to improve sparing of organs at risk and reduce the risk of toxicity; prescribed doses can be increased. Data are scarce on small-cell lung cancer...
- The 2016 Assisi Think Tank Meeting on breast cancer: white paperCynthia Aristei
Radiation Oncology Section, Department of Surgical and Biomedical Sciences, University of Perugia and Perugia General Hospital, Sant Andrea delle Fratte, 06156, Perugia, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 160:211-221. 2016..To identify weak points in daily routine use of radiation therapy (RT) for non-metastatic breast cancer patients, particularly when data are lacking or equivocal, a "think tank" of experts met in Assisi...
- The Total Body Irradiation Schedule Affects Acute Leukemia Relapse After Matched T Cell-Depleted Hematopoietic Stem Cell TransplantationCynthia Aristei
Radiation Oncology Section, Department of Surgery and Biomedical Sciences, University of Perugia and Perugia General Hospital, Perugia, Italy Electronic address
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 96:832-839. 2016....
- Does ultrasound provide any added value in breast contouring for radiotherapy after conserving surgery for cancer?Cynthia Aristei
Radiation Oncology Section, Department of Surgical and Biomedical Science, University of Perugia and Perugia General Hospital, Perugia, 06156, Italy
Radiat Oncol 10:179. 2015..To optimize assessment of breast margins in the cranial, caudal, medial, lateral and posterior directions, the present study evaluated palpation and CT and determined whether ultrasound (US) provided any added value...
- Outcome of a phase II prospective study on partial breast irradiation with interstitial multi-catheter high-dose-rate brachytherapyCynthia Aristei
Radiation Oncology Section, University of Perugia and Santa Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Italy Electronic address
Radiother Oncol 108:236-41. 2013..We report the 5 year results of a phase II prospective study with PBI using interstitial multi-catheter high-dose-rate brachytherapy (ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00499057)...
- Expander/implant breast reconstruction before radiotherapy: outcomes in a single-institute cohortC Aristei
Radiation Oncology Section, Department of Surgery, Radiology and Dentistry, University of Perugia and Santa Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Sant Andrea delle Fratte, 06156, Perugia, Italy
Strahlenther Onkol 188:1074-9. 2012..Radiotherapy (RT) of reconstructed breasts was associated with major complications and poor cosmetic outcome. The present study assessed complication rates, the link between risk factors and prosthesis removal, as well as cosmetic outcomes...
- Partial breast irradiation with interstitial high-dose-rate brachytherapy in early breast cancer: results of a phase II prospective studyC Aristei
Institute of Radiation Oncology, University of Perugia, Ospedale Santa Maria della Misericordia, Perugia, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 35:144-50. 2009..To investigate, in a phase II prospective study, the efficacy of partial breast irradiation administered with high-dose-rate brachytherapy...
- Radiotherapy in Italy after conservative treatment of early breast cancer. A survey by the Italian Society of Radiation Oncology (AIRO)Cynthia Aristei
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Perugia, Italy
Tumori 94:333-41. 2008..Furthermore, results are compared with an earlier survey in northern Italy and international reports...
- Frequency of sister chromatid exchanges and micronuclei monitored over time in patients with early-stage breast cancer: results of an observational studyCynthia Aristei
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Perugia, Policlinico Monteluce, Perugia, Italy
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 192:24-9. 2009..The increased SCE levels in patients treated with CTx may be due to a synergic effect of smoking and chemotherapy...
- Risk factors for relapse after conservative treatment in T1-T2 breast cancer with one to three positive axillary nodes: results of an observational studyC Aristei
Department of Surgical, Radiological and Odontostomatological Sciences, Radiation Oncology Section, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Ann Oncol 22:842-7. 2011....
- Computed tomography for excision cavity localization and 3D-treatment planning in partial breast irradiation with high-dose-rate interstitial brachytherapyCynthia Aristei
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Perugia, Italy
Radiother Oncol 90:43-7. 2009..We applied image-guidance using computed tomography (CT) for pre-implant PTV definition and post-implant dosimetry...
- Recurrences and toxicity after adjuvant vaginal brachytherapy in Stage I-II endometrial cancer: A monoinstitutional experienceElisabetta Perrucci
Department of Onco Hemato Gastroenterological Sciences, Radiation Oncology Section, Santa Maria della Misericordia Hospital, Perugia, Italy Electronic address
Brachytherapy 15:177-84. 2016..To evaluate the incidences of vaginal recurrence and toxicity after vaginal brachytherapy in Stage I-II endometrial cancer...
- Conformal postoperative radiotherapy in patients with positive resection margins and/or pT3-4 prostate adenocarcinomaRita Bellavita
Institute of Radiation Oncology, General Hospital and Perugia University, Perugia, Italy
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 84:e299-304. 2012..To evaluate outcome and toxicity of high-dose conformal radiotherapy (RT) after radical prostatectomy...
- Prostate cancer: contouring target and organs at risk by kilovoltage and megavoltage CT and MRI in patients with and without hip prosthesesLorenzo Falcinelli
1 Department of Onco Haematological and Gastroenterological Science, Radiation Oncology Division, Perugia General Hospital, Perugia, Italy
Br J Radiol 88:20150509. 2015..Since neither kVCT nor MRI may be suitable for contouring in patients with ferrous hip prostheses, this study evaluated whether megavoltage CT (MVCT) reduced interobserver variability...
- Influence of hormonal therapy in prostate cancer patients undergoing [18F]fluoromethyl choline PET/CT: a retrospective studyBarbara Palumbo
Section of Nuclear Medicine and Medical Physics, Department of Surgical and Biomedical Sciences, University of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 60:397-403. 2016..Patients with suspected recurrence of prostate cancer undergoing [18F]fluoromethyl choline ([18F]FCH) PET/CT were retrospectively evaluated to investigate the influence of hormonal therapy (HT) in [18F]FCH uptake...
- Gefitinib enhances the effects of combined radiotherapy and 5-fluorouracil in a colorectal cancer cell lineIsabella Palumbo
Radiation Oncology Section, Department of Surgical, Radiological and Odontostomatological Sciences, University of Perugia, Ospedale Santa Maria della Misericordia, Sant Andrea delle Fratte, 06156, Perugia, Italy
Int J Colorectal Dis 29:31-41. 2014..Results were promising. To elucidate the molecular and biological effects, we replicated the schedule in the LoVo human colorectal adenocarcinoma cell line...
- In haematopoietic SCT for acute leukemia TBI impacts on relapse but not survival: results of a multicentre observational studyC Aristei
Radiation Oncology Section, University of Perugia and Perugia General Hospital, Perugia, Italy
Bone Marrow Transplant 48:908-14. 2013..Most Centres adopted a hyperfractionated schedule that is used worldwide (12 Gy in six fractions over 3 days), which appears to have become standard. TBI doses impacted significantly upon relapse rates...
- Central nervous system metastases in HER-2 positive metastatic breast cancer patients treated with trastuzumab: incidence, survival, and risk factorsStefania Gori
Medical Oncology Division, Azienda Ospedaliera Perugia, Via Dottori 1, Perugia, Italy
Oncologist 12:766-73. 2007..A higher incidence of central nervous system (CNS) metastases in HER-2-positive metastatic breast cancer (MBC) has recently been reported...
- Oxaliplatin with raltitrexed and preoperative radiotherapy in T3-T4 extraperitoneal rectal cancer. A dose finding studyMarco Lupattelli
Radiation Oncology Center, University and Hospital of Perugia, Perugia, Italy
Tumori 92:474-80. 2006..The aim of the study was thus to determine the recommended dose of oxaliplatin concomitantly administered with raltitrexed and concurrent preoperative radiotherapy in patients with stage II-III extraperitoneal rectal cancer...
- Tregs prevent GVHD and promote immune reconstitution in HLA-haploidentical transplantationMauro Di Ianni
Hematology and Clinical Immunology Section, Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Perugia, Italy
Blood 117:3921-8. 2011..This study provides evidence that Tregs are a conserved mechanism in humans...
- Adjuvant and salvage radiation therapy after prostatectomy: investigating beliefs and practices of radiation oncologistsMarco Lupattelli
1 Radiation Oncology Center, Perugia General Hospital, Perugia, Italy
Br J Radiol 88:20150587. 2015....
- Use of 18F-choline positron emission tomography/CT in high-risk prostate cancer: a case of solitary adrenal metastasisFabio Matrone
Radiation Oncology Section, University of Perugia, Perugia Italy
Tumori 101:e21-3. 2015..When PSA was over 100 ng/mL, 18F-choline-PET/CT diagnosed the malignancy. After adrenalectomy, PSA returned to normal, and stable disease remission was obtained. This case suggests that atypical metastasis may be underdiagnosed. ..
- EURECCA consensus conference highlights about rectal cancer clinical management: the radiation oncologist's expert reviewVincenzo Valentini
Department of Radiation Oncology, Cattedra di Radioterapia, Universita Cattolica S Cuore, Rome, Italy
Radiother Oncol 110:195-8. 2014..The European Registration of Cancer Care (EURECCA) drew up documents to standardize management and care in Europe and aid in decision-making...
- T1-T2 breast cancer with four or more positive axillary lymph nodes: adjuvant locoregional radiotherapy with high-dose or standard-dose chemotherapy. Results of an observational studyElisabetta Perrucci
Radiotherapy Oncology, Policlinico Hospital and University of Perugia, Italy
Tumori 90:379-86. 2004..The incidence of locoregional relapses and the survival correlated with the number of positive nodes were recorded for each treatment arm...
- Lymphatic drainage and CTV in breast cancerLuigia Nardone
Divisione di Radioterapia, Universita Cattolica del S Cuore, Policlinico A Gemelli, Roma, Italy
Rays 28:303-9. 2003..In a near future, IMRT should be able to markedly improve the dose homogeneity to target with consequent lower cardiopulmonary toxicity...
- Breast-conserving therapy for stage I-II breast cancer in elderly womenBruno Cutuli
Department of Radiation Oncology, Polyclinique de Courlancy, 38 rue de Courlancy, Reims 51100, France
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 60:71-6. 2004..To assess breast-conserving therapy results in elderly patients with early-stage breast cancer (clinical Stage I-II)...