Affiliation: University of Padova
- Myoepithelial carcinoma treatment in children: a report from the TREP projectGianni Bisogno
Hematology Oncology Division, Woman s and Child s Health Department, Padova University Hospital, Padova, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 61:643-6. 2014....
- Spindle cell tumor with EWS-WT1 transcript and a favorable clinical course: a variant of DSCT, a variant of leiomyosarcoma, or a new entity? Report of 2 pediatric casesRita Alaggio
Dipartimento di Scienze Oncologiche e Chirurgiche Università di Padova and IOV Istituto Oncologico Veneto, Padova, Italy
Am J Surg Pathol 31:454-9. 2007..Alternatively, they could represent an unrecognized subgroup of tumors with spindle cell morphology, bearing the same translocation as desmoplastic small round cell tumor, but characterized by a more favorable clinical course...
- Focal nodular hyperplasia of the liver: an unusual association with diabetes mellitus in a child and review of literaturePiero Farruggia
Unit of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, G, Di Cristina Children s Hospital, and Department of Pediatrics, University of Palermo, Palermo, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 36:41. 2010..We here describe, to our knowledge, the first case of focal nodular hyperplasia in association with diabetes mellitus in childhood...
- Morphologic Overlap between Infantile Myofibromatosis and Infantile Fibrosarcoma: A Pitfall in DiagnosisRita Alaggio
Dipartimento di Scienze Oncologiche e Chirurgiche Azienda Ospedaliera Università di Padova, Padova, Italy
Pediatr Dev Pathol 11:355-62. 2008..Careful histologic evaluation to detect the typical features of IM is essential to avoid classification as IF. Molecular analysis for the ETV6-NTRK3 gene fusion is an important diagnostic tool in this group of lesions...
- Primitive myxoid mesenchymal tumor of infancy: a clinicopathologic report of 6 casesRita Alaggio
Department of Oncology and Surgery, Section of Pathology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Am J Surg Pathol 30:388-94. 2006....
- Myxoinflammatory fibroblastic sarcoma: report of a case and review of the literatureRita Alaggio
Department of Diagnostic Medical Sciences and Special Therapies, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Pediatr Dev Pathol 15:254-8. 2012..Fine-needle aspiration cytology is a safe and useful tool for the diagnosis of pediatric patients with MIFS and is important for an accurate and precise preoperative workup to optimize subsequent management and treatment...
- Pediatric extra-renal rhabdoid tumors with unusual morphology: a diagnostic pitfall for small biopsiesRita Alaggio
Dipartimento di Scienze Chirurgiche e Oncologiche, Sezione Anatomia Patologica, Universita di Padova, Padova, Italy
Pathol Res Pract 205:451-7. 2009..A careful evaluation of clinical, pathological, and molecular findings is the key to a correct diagnostic approach of pediatric tumors...
- Liposarcomas in young patients: a study of 82 cases occurring in patients younger than 22 years of ageRita Alaggio
Department of Pathology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Am J Surg Pathol 33:645-58. 2009..Additional study of such cases will be necessary for definitive classification...
- Results of a prospective minimal disseminated disease study in human rhabdomyosarcoma using three different molecular markersFrancesca Sartori
Clinic for Pediatric Oncology, Azienda Ospedaliera University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Cancer 106:1766-75. 2006..ARMS is more aggressive and prone to distant tumor dissemination, whereas ERMS tends to expand and recur locally. Little information is available on bone marrow involvement by RMS...
- Survivin expression and prognostic significance in pediatric malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors (MPNST)Rita Alaggio
Department of Medicine, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e80456. 2013..0038). Overall, these data support the concept that survivin can be regarded as a useful prognostic marker for pediatric MPNST and a promising target for therapeutic interventions. ..
- Inflammatory myofibroblastic tumors in childhood: a report from the Italian Cooperative Group studiesRita Alaggio
Pathology Department, University Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
Cancer 116:216-26. 2010..The objective of the study was to identify morphologic or immunohistochemical prognostic markers and the possible pathogenic role of human herpes virus 8 (HHV-8)...
- Pediatric malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumor: the Italian and German soft tissue sarcoma cooperative groupModesto Carli
Hematology Oncology Division, Department of Pediatrics, Istituto Oncologico Veneto, University Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Clin Oncol 23:8422-30. 2005..To assess the value of chemotherapy and radiotherapy in children with malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumors (MPNSTs) and to identify risk factors associated with outcome...
- Sentinel node biopsy in pediatric patients: the experience in a single institutionPatrizia Dall'igna
Pediatric Surgery Unit, Department of Woman and Child Health, University Hospital of Padova, Padova, Italy
Eur J Pediatr Surg 24:482-7. 2014....
- Calretinin, β-tubulin immunohistochemistry, and submucosal nerve trunks morphology in Hirschsprung disease: possible applications in clinical practiceAndrea Volpe
Pediatric Surgery, Department of Women s and Children s Health, University of Padova General Pathology and Cytopathology, Section of Medical Diagnostic Sciences and Special Therapies, Department of Medicine, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 57:780-7. 2013....
- Soft tissue tumors of uncertain originRita Alaggio
Department of Pathology, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Pediatr Dev Pathol 15:267-305. 2012....
- High IGFBP2 expression correlates with tumor severity in pediatric rhabdomyosarcomaLucia Tombolan
Department of Biology and the Interdepartmental Research Center in Innovative Biotechnology CRIBI, Padova Hospital, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Am J Pathol 179:2611-24. 2011..Taken together, our data provide evidence that IGFBP2 contributes to tumor progression and that it could be used as a marker to better classify clinical and biological risks in RMS...
- Veno-occlusive disease in pediatric patients affected by Wilms tumorSimone Cesaro
Pediatric Hematology Oncology, Department of Pediatrics, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Pediatr Blood Cancer 57:258-61. 2011..We describe five patients who developed VOD after chemotherapy for Wilms tumor (WT) and evaluate the role of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 (PAI-1) and defibrotide for diagnosis and therapy of VOD, respectively...
- The Evolution of Pediatric Soft Tissue Sarcoma Classification in the Last 50 YearsRita Alaggio
1 Department of Medicine DIMED, Pathology Unit, University of Padova, Via Gabelli, 61 35124, Padova, Italy
Pediatr Dev Pathol 18:481-94. 2015..This review discusses the history of the classification of soft tissue sarcomas in children and adolescents, the current transition toward integration of morphology and molecular genetics as new entities emerge, and future perspectives. ..
- Four cases of solitary fibrous tumour of the eye and orbit: one with sarcomatous transformation after radiotherapy and one in a 5-year-old child's eyelidStella Blandamura
Pathological Anatomy, DIMED Department of Medicine, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
J Clin Pathol 67:263-7. 2014..This report describes four new cases of SFT/giant cell angiofibroma (GCA) of the eyelid and orbit, one in a 5-year-old child, and one with sarcomatous dedifferentiated transformation occurring 9 years after radiotherapy...
- Meconium periorchitis: a rare cause of fetal scrotal cyst--MRI and pathologic appearanceEleonora Cesca
Pediatric Surgery, University of Padova, Padova, Italy
Fetal Diagn Ther 26:38-40. 2009..Histology was consistent with the diagnosis of meconium periorchitis, a rare and benign condition resulting from healed intrauterine bowel perforation...