Genomes and Genes
University of Parma
Organization: University of Parma
- Comparison of protein variations in Thlaspi caerulescens populations from metalliferous and non-metalliferous soilsGiovanna Visioli
Division of Genetics and Environmental Biotechnologies, Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Parma, Italy
Int J Phytoremediation 12:805-19. 2010..These proteins can be used as biomarkers both for monitoring biodiversity in indigenous plants and for selection of Ni phytoremediation plants...
- Methylmercury at low doses modulates the toxicity of PCB153 on PC12 neuronal cell line in asynchronous combination experimentsM Goldoni
Laboratory of Industrial Toxicology, Department of Clinical Medicine, Nephrology and Health Sciences, University of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Food Chem Toxicol 46:808-11. 2008..Therefore, the use of asynchronous exposure could be a promising approach to study the mechanisms of toxicity of binary mixtures...
- Preterm infants with video-EEG confirmed seizures: outcome at 30 months of ageFrancesco Pisani
Child Neuropsychiatric Unit, Neuroscience Department, University of Parma, Italy
Brain Dev 30:20-30. 2008..Our aim was to identify early predictors of poor neurodevelopmental outcome and of subsequent epilepsy in very early preterm and late preterm newborns with neonatal seizures...
- Determination of 2,3-butanediol and 2-hydroxybutanone stereoisomers in batteries of traditional balsamic vinegarAugusta Caligiani
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica e Industriale, Universita di Parma, Via Usberti 17A, 43100 Parma, Italy
J Agric Food Chem 55:7810-5. 2007..The GC-MS method used is easy and fast and could allow for a quick control of the maturation level of the vinegar...
- Residues of aminoglycosides in milk: confirmatory analysisS Ghidini
Dipartimento di Produzioni Animali, Biotecnologie Veterinarie, Qualità e Sicurezza degli Alimenti, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parma, Italy
Vet Res Commun 31:365-7. 2007
- Assessment and monitoring of ventilatory function and cough efficacy in patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosisA Chetta
Department of Clinical Sciences, Section of Respiratory Diseases, University of Parma, Italy
Monaldi Arch Chest Dis 67:43-52. 2007..A composite set of clinical and functional parameters is required for treatment scheduling to monitor lung involvement and follow-up in these patients...
- Nd:YAG laser biostimulation of bisphosphonate-associated necrosis of the jawbone with and without surgical treatmentPaolo Vescovi
Sezione di Odontostomatologia, Dipartimento di Scienze Otorino Odonto Oftalmologiche e Cervico Facciali, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Br J Oral Maxillofac Surg 45:628-32. 2007....
- GC-MS detection of chiral markers in cocoa beans of different quality and geographic originAugusta Caligiani
Dipartimento di Chimica Organica e Industriale, Universita di Parma, Parma, Italy
Chirality 19:329-34. 2007..On the whole, results showed that several chiral compounds could be considered as good quality markers for cocoa seeds and cocoa-related products of different quality and geographic origin...
- Subtypes of depression in dementiaM Amore
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Sezione di Psichiatria, Universita di Parma, Strada del Quartiere 2 A, I 43100 Parma, Italy
Arch Gerontol Geriatr 44:23-33. 2007....
- The associated expression of Maspin and Bax proteins as a potential prognostic factor in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinomaAntonello A Romani
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale Sezione di Patologia Molecolare ed Immunologia, Universita degli Studi di Parma, 43100 Parma, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:255. 2006..In this exploratory study, we investigated the associated expression of Maspin and Bax proteins as a potential prognostic factor in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma (IHCCA)...
- Radiation exposure in mossbauer spectroscopyG Pedrazzi
Department of Public Health, Physics Division Mössbauer Laboratory, University of Parma, Italy
Health Phys 91:163-70. 2006..It comes from a direct experience at the University of Parma, Italy, and from information obtained from more than 50 different Mössbauer laboratories all over the ..
- Heterogeneity of putative surface layer proteins in Lactobacillus helveticusMonica Gatti
Department of Genetic Anthropology Evolution, Parco Area delle Scienze 11A, University of Parma, 43100 Parma, Italy
Appl Environ Microbiol 71:7582-8. 2005..helveticus CNRZ 892 and a second cluster which includes genes similar to that of prtY. These results were further confirmed by Southern blot hybridization. This study demonstrates S-layer gene variability in the species L. helveticus...
- Myocyte changes and their left atrial distribution in patients with chronic atrial fibrillation related to mitral valve diseaseDomenico Corradi
Pathology Section, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, University of Parma, 43100 Parma, Italy
Hum Pathol 36:1080-9. 2005..This remodeling may increase the heterogeneity of LAPW electrical conduction, thus confirming this location as an elective target for the ablation treatment of AF...
- Jaw bone necrosis without previous dental extractions associated with the use of bisphosphonates (pamidronate and zoledronate): a four-case reportE Merigo
Dipartimento di Scienze Otorino Odonto Oftalmologiche e Cervico Facciali, Sezione di Odontostomatologia, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parma, Italy
J Oral Pathol Med 34:613-7. 2005..Although a treatment for bisphosphonate-induced bone lesions has not yet been established, we suggest careful evaluation of the patients' oral health before prescribing bisphosphonate treatment...
- Mirror neurons and the understanding of behavioural symptoms in psychiatric disordersGiovanni Buccino
Department of Neuroscience, Section of Physiology, University of Parma, Italy
Curr Opin Psychiatry 21:281-5. 2008..The present paper reviews experimental evidence that this mechanism may be broken in some psychiatric disorders...
- Temperament features in adolescents with ego-syntonic or ego-dystonic obsessive-compulsive symptomsCarlo Marchesi
Department of Neuroscience, Psychiatric Division, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry 17:392-6. 2008....
- Bad little girlsCarlo Maggini
Neuroscience Department, Unit of Psychiatry, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Acta Biomed 79:42-51. 2008..Nonetheless, they all, in their encounter with a nymph, laid bare their multifaceted identities, the muddy depths and the "heart of darkness" of their souls...
- Population-based pace study: headache frequency and disease perception in adult subjects with headacheP Torelli
Headache Centre, Department of Neuroscience, University of Parma, c o Ospedale Maggiore, Via Gramsci 14, 43126, Parma, Italy
Neurol Sci 31:S149-51. 2010..In addition, the percentage of men who considered their headache a disease did not increase with the increase in the number of headache days in the past year. More in-depth studies on this important aspect are needed...
- Nd:YAG laser versus traditional scalpel. A preliminary histological analysis of specimens from the human oral mucosaPaolo Vescovi
Department of ENT Dental Ophthalmological and Cervico Facial Sciences, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parma, Italy
Lasers Med Sci 25:685-91. 2010..collected at the Unit of Oral Pathology and Oral Laser-assisted Surgery of the Academic Hospital of the University of Parma, Italy. Specimens were subclassified into three groups according to the tool used for the surgical excision...
- Minimally invasive video-assisted thyroidectomy (MIVAT): what is the real advantage?Paolo Del Rio
Department of Surgical Science, Unit of General Surgery and Organ Transplantation, University Hospital of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100, Parma, Italy
Langenbecks Arch Surg 395:323-6. 2010..The evolution of video-assisted or laparoscopic surgical techniques in the last several years has changed the surgical treatment approach to many diseases, also in endocrine surgery...
- Biological effects on granulosa cells of hydroxylated and methylated resveratrol analoguesGiuseppina Basini
Dipartimento di Produzioni Animali, Biotecnologie Veterinarie, Qualità e Sicurezza degli Alimenti Sezione di Fisiologia, Parma, Italy
Mol Nutr Food Res 54:S236-43. 2010..These data could be useful to develop more active resveratrol analogues for therapeutic use...
- Emergency and essential surgical services in Afghanistan: still a missing challengeSandro Contini
Department of Surgical Sciences, University of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100, Parma, Italy
World J Surg 34:473-9. 2010..This study was designed to evaluate availability of basic lifesaving and disability-preventive emergency surgical and anesthesia interventions representing most of the country...
- The windowed sound therapy: a new empirical approach for an effectiv personalized treatment of tinnitusMarco Lugli
Department of Evolutionary and Functional Biology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Int Tinnitus J 15:51-61. 2009..These results point to the importance of the personalized sound treatment of tinnitus sufferers for the development of an effective tinnitus sound therapy...
- Aorto-septal angle in Boxer dogs with subaortic stenosis: an echocardiographic studyCecilia Quintavalla
Dept Animal Health, Parma University, Via del Taglio, 8, 43100 Parma, Italy
Vet J 185:332-7. 2010..A definite conclusion about the role of the AoSA on the formation and/or progression of subvalvular lesions in Boxers cannot be drawn from the data analysed due to the transversal nature of the observations...
- Antibodies as crypts of antiinfective and antitumor peptidesW Magliani
Sezione di Microbiologia, Dipartimento di Patologia e Medicina di Laboratorio, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Viale Antonio Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Curr Med Chem 16:2305-23. 2009..The intriguing potential of Abs as source of antiinfective and antitumor therapeutics will be discussed, in light of recent advances in peptide design, stability and delivery...
- The walking capacity assessment in the respiratory patientAlfredo Chetta
Department of Clinical Sciences, Section of Respiratory Diseases, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Respiration 77:361-7. 2009..This review deals with the validity, reliability and interpretation of these walking tests in the assessment of patients with chronic respiratory disease...
- Oct-4 regulates the expression of Stella and Foxj2 at the Nanog locus: implications for the developmental competence of mouse oocytesMaurizio Zuccotti
Sezione di Istologia ed Embriologia, Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Via Volturno 39, 43100 Parma, Italy
Hum Reprod 24:2225-37. 2009....
- Major and minor depression in pregnancyCarlo Marchesi
Department of Neurosciences, Psychiatric Section, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Obstet Gynecol 113:1292-8. 2009..To evaluate the time to onset, duration, and risk factors for major and minor depression in pregnant women attending the Centers for Prenatal Care...
- Metabolic consequences and vulnerability to diet-induced obesity in male mice under chronic social stressAlessandro Bartolomucci
Department of Evolutionary and Functional Biology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
PLoS ONE 4:e4331. 2009..Overall this study demonstrates that pre-clinical animal models offer a suitable tool for the investigation of the metabolic consequences of chronic stress exposure and associated psychopathologies...
- Congenital anomalies and variations of the bile and pancreatic ducts: magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography findings, epidemiology and clinical significanceM De Filippo
Dipartimento di Scienze Cliniche, Sezione di Scienze Radiologiche, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100, Parma, Italy
Radiol Med 113:841-59. 2008....
- Langerhans-cell histiocytosis: a clinical case without bone involvementM Manfredi
Department of Otorhino Laryngology and Ophthalmology, Dental and Maxillo Facial Sciences, Dentistry and Oral Medicine Section, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
J Periodontol 76:143-7. 2005..Typically, there is bone involvement and, less frequently, lesions may be found in the lungs, liver, lymph nodes, skin, and mucosae. Oral soft tissue lesions without bone involvement are rare...
- Primary squamous cell carcinoma of the endometrium: a case report with immunohistochemical and molecular studyGiovanna Giordano
Department of Pathology and Medicine of Laboratory Section of Pathology, Parma University, Viale A Gramsci, 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 96:876-9. 2005..In this paper, we report a case of primary squamous cell carcinoma of the endometrium (PSCCE) with immunohistochemical and molecular study to evaluate the phenotype and to define the etiopathogenesis of this tumor...
- Agonists for the histamine H3-receptor differ in their gastroprotective activity in the ratG Morini
Institute of Pharmacology, University of Parma, Italy
Inflamm Res 51:S75-6. 2002
- Structural changes induced by antineoplastic therapies: keys to evaluate tumor response to treatmentF Ferrozzi
Institute of Radiological Sciences, University of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Eur Radiol 12:928-37. 2002....
- NK-active cytokines IL-2, IL-12, and IL-15 selectively modulate specific protein kinase C (PKC) isoforms in primary human NK cellsMarco Vitale
Institute of Human Anatomy, University of Parma, Ospedale Maggiore, Parma, Italy
Anat Rec 266:87-92. 2002....
- Feline heartworm infection: serological survey of asymptomatic cats living in northern ItalyL Kramer
Institute of Veterinary Pathology, University of Parma, Via del Taglio 8, 43100 Parma, Italy
Vet Parasitol 104:43-50. 2002..The results of this study suggest that the risk of exposure with D. immitis in cats is high in northern Italy and suggest that the use of preventive drugs would be advisable in this area endemic for canine heartworm disease...
- Intraindividual and intraspecies variability of ITS1 sequences in the ancient asexual Darwinula stevensoni (Crustacea: Ostracoda)A Gandolfi
Dipartimento di Scienze Ambientali, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze, 43100 Parma, Italy
Heredity (Edinb) 87:449-55. 2001..The high percentage of variation within individuals and the occurrence of recombination without meiosis are discussed by considering the ancient asexual "status" of the species...
- Simultaneous repair of bilateral inguinal hernias: a prospective, randomized study of open, tension-free versus laparoscopic approachL Sarli
Institute of General Surgery and Surgical Therapy, Parma University School of Medicine, Italy
Surg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 11:262-7. 2001..The laparoscopic approach to bilateral hernia with "bikini mesh" appears to be preferable to the open Lichtenstein tension-free hernioplasty in terms of the postoperative quality of life and interruption of occupational activity...
- The insect attractant 1-octen-3-ol is the natural ligand of bovine odorant-binding proteinR Ramoni
Architecture et Fonction des Macromolecules Biologiques, Unite Mixte de Recherche 6098, CNRS and Universités Aix Marseille I and II, 31 Chemin Joseph Aiguier, 13402 Marseille Cedex 20, France
J Biol Chem 276:7150-5. 2001..For the first time, a function can be assigned to an OBP, with a possible role of bOBP in the ecological relationships between bovine and insect species...
- A new method for the analysis of styrene mercapturic acids by liquid chromatography/electrospray tandem mass spectrometryP Manini
Dipartimento di Clinica Medica, Nefrologia e Scienze della Prevenzione, Laboratorio di Tossicologia Industriale, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Italy
Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom 14:2055-60. 2000..2 and 1%, respectively. Such subgroups are probably characterized by the genetic polymorphisms of the drug-metabolizing enzymes to be identified...
- Are alexithymia, depression, and anxiety distinct constructs in affective disorders?C Marchesi
Istituto di Clinica Psichiatrica, Universita di Parma, p le Matteotti 9, 43100, Parma, Italy
J Psychosom Res 49:43-9. 2000....
- Thyrotropin-releasing hormone-induced GH release after cocaine withdrawal in cocaine addictsP P Vescovi
Center of Alcohology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Neuropeptides 33:522-5. 1999..In conclusion, in cocaine addicts, drug withdrawal is associated with a condition of subclinical hypothyroidism that makes the GH-releasing machinery sensitive to TRH...
- Comet assay application in environmental monitoring: DNA damage in human leukocytes and plant cells in comparison with bacterial and yeast testsP Poli
Istituto di Genetica, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze 11 A, 43100 Parma and ARPA Emilia Romagna, Sezione di Parma, Parma, Italy
Mutagenesis 14:547-56. 1999..to higher plants...
- MelatoninM Mor
Dipartimento Farmaceutico, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Viale delle Scienze, Parma, I 43100, Italy
Curr Med Chem 6:501-18. 1999....
- Expression of c-myc is down-regulated as mouse mammary epithelial cells become confluentS Grolli
Facolta di Medicina Veterinaria, Universita de Parma, Parma, 43100, Italy
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 239:566-9. 1997..Finally, we demonstrate that suppression of c-myc expression occurs when HC11 cells growth-arrest as they become confluent...
- MEK-ERK pathway is expressed but not activated in high proliferating, self-renewing cord blood hematopoietic progenitorsAntonio Bonati
The Institute of Medical Pathology, University of Parma Medical School, Italy
Hematol J 3:105-13. 2002..The expression, activity and functions of mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinases in primary human hematopoietic progenitors (HP) have not yet been fully clarified...
- Stabilization of hsp70 mRNA on prolonged cell exposure to hypertonicityRoberta R Alfieri
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Sezione di Patologia Molecolare e Immunologia, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Via Volturno 39, 43100 Parma, Italy
Biochim Biophys Acta 1592:135-40. 2002..These findings suggest that hypertonic treatment increases the production of hsp70 protein in 3T3 cells via a stabilization of its corresponding mRNA...
- Aldehydes and glutathione in exhaled breath condensate of children with asthma exacerbationMassimo Corradi
Department of Clinical Medicine, Nephrology and Health Sciences, Research Center, National Institute of Occupational Safety and Prevention at the University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 167:395-9. 2003....
- Social factors and individual vulnerability to chronic stress exposureAlessandro Bartolomucci
Dipartimento di Biologia Evolutiva e Funzionale, Universita di Parma, Parma, Italy
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 29:67-81. 2005....
- Serous psammocarcinoma of the ovary: a case report and review of literatureGiovanna Giordano
Department of Pathology and Medicine of Laboratory Section of Pathology, Parma University, Via A Gramsci, 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 96:259-62. 2005..We reported a new bilateral case of serous psammocarcinoma. We also reviewed the literature in order to delineate clinical, pathological, and prognostic features of this rare neoplasm...
- Clinical usefulness of serum pepsinogen II in the management of Helicobacter pylori infectionFrancesco Di Mario
Department of Clinical Sciences, Chair of Gastroenterology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Digestion 70:167-72. 2004..Serum pepsinogen II (sPGII) levels are known to increase during Helicobacter pylori infection...
- Amnioreduction for treatment of severe polyhydramniosGiovanni Piantelli
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Acta Biomed 75:56-8. 2004..Our results showed that this procedure resolve maternal symptoms in all the cases but there is no significant reduction in uterine activity...
- Adult idiopathic subglottic stenosis: a diagnostic and therapeutic challengeGiovanni Garini
Dipartimento di Clinica Medica, Nefrologia e Scienze della Prevenzione, Universita degli Studi di Parma
Ann Ital Med Int 19:54-7. 2004..As we could not identify any specific pathogenetic process, our final diagnosis was idiopathic subglottic tracheal stenosis...
- Co-existence of Philadelphia chromosome positive acute megakaryoblastic and B-lymphoblastic mixed blast crisis of chronic myeloid leukemia with chronic lymphocytic leukemiaSimona Colla
Chair of Hematology and BMT Unit, University of Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Eur J Haematol 72:361-5. 2004..After the failure of the conventional therapy, the patient was treated with Imatinib with a complete hematological and cytogenetic response and a marked reduction of bone marrow fibrosis...
- Plasma and urinary free 3-nitrotyrosine following cardiac angiography procedures with non-ionic radiocontrast mediaEnrico Fiaccadori
Dipartimento di Clinica Medica, Nefrologia e Scienze della Prevenzione, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Via Gramsci 14, 43100 Parma, Italy
Nephrol Dial Transplant 19:865-9. 2004..However, no study has been published showing that RCM administration elicits oxidative stress in humans...
- Cross fostering in mice: behavioral and physiological carry-over effects in adulthoodA Bartolomucci
Dipartimento di Biologia Evolutiva e Funzionale, Universita di Parma, Parma, Italy
Genes Brain Behav 3:115-22. 2004..These findings should be carefully evaluated when applying cross fostering procedure to laboratory animals...
- Interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta) and IL-6 modulate insulin-like growth factor-binding protein (IGFBP) secretion in colon cancer epithelial (Caco-2) cellsM E Street
Department of Endocrinology, St Bartholomew s Hospital, London, UK
J Endocrinol 179:405-15. 2003..These findings suggest that interleukins modulate the IGF-IGFBP system in Caco-2 cells in vitro...
- Evaluation of the genotoxicity induced by the fungicide fenarimol in mammalian and plant cells by use of the single-cell gel electrophoresis assayP Poli
Dipartimento di Genetica Antropologia Evoluzione, Universita degli Studi di Parma, Parco Area delle Scienze11 a, 43100 Parma, Italy
Mutat Res 540:57-66. 2003..Significant DNA breakage was observed in the nuclei of Impatiens balsamina leaves after in vivo treatment with fenarimol (145 nM, 1h). More than 50% of the cells showed such DNA damage...
- CAP variables and arousals as sleep electroencephalogram markers for primary insomniaMario Giovanni Terzano
Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Neurology, University of Parma, Via del Quartiere, 4, 43100 Parma, Italy
Clin Neurophysiol 114:1715-23. 2003..Polysomnographic (PSG) measures consistently reflect poor sleep quality and effective treatment in insomniac patients...
- Successful prediction of prostate cancer recurrence by gene profiling in combination with clinical data: a 5-year follow-up studySaverio Bettuzzi
Dipartimento di Medicina Sperimentale, Plesso Biotecnologico Integrato, Universita di Parma, Via Volturno 39 43100 Parma, Italy
Cancer Res 63:3469-72. 2003..The best result was obtained with a selected combination of gene profiling and clinical/pathological parameters, which resulted in prediction of recurrence in 95.7% of patients...
- New drugs for insomnia: comparative tolerability of zopiclone, zolpidem and zaleplonMario Giovanni Terzano
Sleep Disorders Center, University of Parma, Parma, Italy
Drug Saf 26:261-82. 2003..Further evaluation is needed of the safety of hypnosedative medications in the long-term management of insomnia...
- Stem cells and stem cell transplantationC Carlo-Stella
Department of Hematology, University of Parma, Italy
Haematologica 81:573-87. 1996....
- Metals in exhaled breath condensate as COPD biomarkersAntonio Mutti; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..