Affiliation: Unit of Bologna
- Erratum - Autophagic degradation of farnesylated prelamin A as a therapeutic approach to lamin-linked progeriaV Cenni
Eur J Histochem 57:e42. 2013..We refer to our article by Vittoria Cenni et al. published in the European Journal of Histochemistry. ..
- Altered chromatin organization and SUN2 localization in mandibuloacral dysplasia are rescued by drug treatmentDaria Camozzi
Institute of Molecular Genetics, Unit of Bologna IOR, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Histochem Cell Biol 138:643-51. 2012....
- The empowerment of translational research: lessons from laminopathiesSara Benedetti
National Research Council of Italy, Institute of Molecular Genetics, IGM CNR, Unit of Bologna, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136, Bologna, Italy
Orphanet J Rare Dis 7:37. 2012....
- Emerin expression at the early stages of myogenic differentiationG Lattanzi
Istituto di Citomorfologia Normale e Patologica CNR, via di Barbiano 1 10 40136 Bologna, Italy
Differentiation 66:208-17. 2000..These data suggest a role for emerin during proliferation of activated satellite cells and at the early stages of differentiation...
- Autophagic degradation of farnesylated prelamin A as a therapeutic approach to lamin-linked progeriaV Cenni
National Research Council of Italy, Institute of Molecular Genetics, IGM CNR, Unit of Bologna IOR, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Histochem 55:e36. 2011....
- Prelamin A-mediated recruitment of SUN1 to the nuclear envelope directs nuclear positioning in human muscleE Mattioli
Institute for Molecular Genetics, IGM CNR, Unit of Bologna, Bologna, Italy
Cell Death Differ 18:1305-15. 2011..These results demonstrate that the interplay between SUN1 and farnesylated prelamin A contributes to nuclear positioning in human myofibers and may be implicated in pathogenetic mechanisms...
- Emerin increase in regenerating muscle fibersS Squarzoni
ITOI CNR, Unit of Bologna c o Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Histochem 49:355-62. 2005..The impairment of skeletal muscle physiological regeneration or reorganization could be a possible pathogenetic mechanism for Emery Dreifuss muscular dystrophy...
- Nuclear envelope proteins and chromatin arrangement: a pathogenic mechanism for laminopathiesN M Maraldi
Istituto per i Trapianti d Organo e l Immunocitologia ITOI C N R, Unit of Bologna, via di Barbiano 1 10 c o IOR 40136 Bologna, Italy
Eur J Histochem 50:1-8. 2006..Our results further show that the absence of emerin expression alters the distribution of pre-lamin A and of heterochromatin areas, suggesting a major involvement of emerin in pre-lamin A-mediated mechanisms of chromatin remodeling...
- Nuclear alterations in autosomal-dominant Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophyP Sabatelli
Istituto di Citomorfologia, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, via Di Barbiano 1/10 c/o Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Muscle Nerve 24:826-9. 2001....
- Immunocytochemistry of nuclear domains and Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy pathophysiologyN M Maraldi
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Electron Microscopy, IOR, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Histochem 47:3-16. 2003..The possibility that Emery-Deifuss muscular dystrophy pathogenesis could involve alteration of the signaling pathway is considered...
- Lamin A N-terminal phosphorylation is associated with myoblast activation: impairment in Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophyV Cenni
ITOI, CNR, Unit of Bologna, c o IOR, Bologna, Italy
J Med Genet 42:214-20. 2005..A molecular complex in muscle cells formed by lamin A/C, emerin, and nuclear actin has been identified. The stability of this protein complex appears to be related to phosphorylation mechanisms...
- Staurosporine treatment and serum starvation promote the cleavage of emerin in cultured mouse myoblasts: involvement of a caspase-dependent mechanismM Columbaro
Laboratory of Neuromuscular Pathology, IOR, Bologna, Italy
FEBS Lett 509:423-9. 2001....
- Rescue of heterochromatin organization in Hutchinson-Gilford progeria by drug treatmentM Columbaro
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Istituti Ortopedici Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Cell Mol Life Sci 62:2669-78. 2005..These results suggest that morpho-functional defects of HGPS nuclei are directly related to progerin accumulation and can be rectified by drug treatment...
- Nuclear damages and oxidative stress: new perspectives for laminopathiesG Lattanzi
Laboratory of Musculoskeletal Cell Biology, IOR, Bologna, Italy
Eur J Histochem 56:e45. 2012....
- Targeting of the Akt/PKB kinase to the actin skeletonV Cenni
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Electron Microscopy, Rizzoli Orthopedic Institute, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40136 Bologna, Italy
Cell Mol Life Sci 60:2710-20. 2003..The small GTPases Rac1 and Cdc42 seem to facilitate actin binding, possibly increasing Akt phosphorylation...
- Involvement of prelamin A in laminopathiesN M Maraldi
Laboratory of Cell Biology, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
Crit Rev Eukaryot Gene Expr 17:317-34. 2007....
- Functional domains of the nucleus: implications for Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophyN M Maraldi
Laboratory of Cell Biology and Electron Microscopy, Istituto Ortopedici Rizzoli, CNR, Via Di Barbiano 1 10, 40139, Bologna, Italy
Neuromuscul Disord 12:815-23. 2002....
- Ultrastructural aspects of the DNA polymerase alpha distribution during the cell cycleG Lattanzi
Istituto di Anatomia Umana Normale, Universita di Bologna, Bologna, Italy
J Histochem Cytochem 46:1435-42. 1998..The evidence of DNA polymerase alpha circular arrangement exclusively in G1- and S-phase cells, obtained by such different approaches, allowed us to consider the three-dimensional structures as DNA replication areas...