- Activating PIK3CA mutations coexist with BRAF or NRAS mutations in a limited fraction of melanomasAntonella Manca
Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, National Research Council CNR, Traversa La Crucca 3 Baldinca Li Punti, Sassari, 07100, Italy
J Transl Med 13:37. 2015..We here assessed the prevalence of the coexistence of BRAF/NRAS and PIK3CA mutations in a series of melanoma samples...
- Discrepant alterations in main candidate genes among multiple primary melanomasMaria Colombino
Unit of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry ICB, National Research Council CNR Traversa La Crucca 3, Baldinca Li Punti, 07100 Sassari, Italy
J Transl Med 12:117. 2014..Alterations in key-regulator genes of disease pathogenesis (BRAF, cKIT, CyclinD1) have been evaluated in patients with multiple primary melanoma (MPM)...
- Heterogeneous distribution of BRAF/NRAS mutations among Italian patients with advanced melanomaMaria Colombino
Unit of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry ICB, National Research Council CNR, Traversa La Crucca 3, Baldinca Li Punti 07100, Sassari, Italy
J Transl Med 11:202. 2013..Prevalence and distribution of pathogenetic mutations in BRAF and NRAS genes were evaluated in multiple melanoma lesions from patients with different geographical origin within the same Italian population...
- Role of the EGF +61A>G polymorphism in melanoma pathogenesis: an experience on a large series of Italian cases and controlsMilena Casula
Unit of Cancer Genetics, Institute of Biomolecular Chemistry, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Sassari, Italy
BMC Dermatol 9:7. 2009..To further evaluate this association, we conducted a case-control study in a clinic-based Italian population...
- Role of key-regulator genes in melanoma susceptibility and pathogenesis among patients from South ItalyMilena Casula
Istituto di Chimica Biomolecolare, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Sassari, Italy
BMC Cancer 9:352. 2009..Several genetic alterations have been demonstrated to contribute to the development and progression of melanoma. In this study, we further investigated the impact of key-regulator genes in susceptibility and pathogenesis of such a disease...
- A cancer-registry-assisted evaluation of the accuracy of digital epiluminescence microscopy associated with clinical examination of pigmented skin lesionsI Stanganelli
Skin Cancer Clinic, Center for Cancer Prevention, Department of Prevention, Ravenna Health Care District, Ravenna, Italy
Dermatology 200:11-6. 2000..The accuracy of digital epiluminescence microscopy (D-ELM) as an adjunct to clinical examination for the diagnosis of pigmented skin lesions (PSLs) has seldom been evaluated...
- Computer-aided diagnosis of melanocytic lesionsIgnazio Stanganelli
Skin Cancer Clinic, Center for Cancer Prevention, Viale Randi 5, 48100 Ravenna, Italy
Anticancer Res 25:4577-82. 2005..To enhance and support the clinical evaluation of pigmented skin lesions a computer-aided diagnosis has been introduced...
- Early diagnosis of malignant melanoma: Proposal of a working formulation for the management of cutaneous pigmented lesions from the Melanoma Cooperative GroupPaolo A Ascierto
Unit of Clinical Immunology, National Tumor Institute G Pascale, I 80131 Naples, Italy
Int J Oncol 22:1209-15. 2003..From these comparisons, we propose new guidelines for the management of CPL to provide a standard diagnostic and therapeutic approaches and to foster the early identification of lesions at risk for malignant transformation...
- The role of ultrasound of sentinel nodes in the pre- and post-operative evaluation of stage I melanoma patientsAlessandro Testori
Melanoma Unit, European Institute of Oncology, Skin Cancer Unit, Center for Cancer Prevention, Milan, Italy
Melanoma Res 15:191-8. 2005..The result of this study (negative predictive value of 98.7%) introduces the possibility of selecting patients who may avoid an SNB procedure based on the results of pre-operative US examination...
- Dermoscopy of pigmented skin lesions: results of a consensus meeting via the InternetGiuseppe Argenziano
Department of Dermatology, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 48:679-93. 2003..There is a need for better standardization of the dermoscopic terminology in assessing pigmented skin lesions...
- Dermatologist detection and skin self-examination are associated with thinner melanomas: results from a survey of the Italian Multidisciplinary Group on MelanomaPaolo Carli
Department of Dermatology, University of Florence, Via degli Alfani 31, 501221 Florence, Italy
Arch Dermatol 139:607-12. 2003..To investigate patterns of detection and variables associated with early diagnosis of melanoma in a population at intermediate melanoma risk...
- Dermoscopic evaluation of amelanotic and hypomelanotic melanomaScott W Menzies
Faculty of Medicine, University of Sydney, Sydney Melanoma Diagnostic Centre, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW 2050, Australia
Arch Dermatol 144:1120-7. 2008..To determine the predictive dermoscopic features of amelanotic and hypomelanotic melanoma...
- Distribution of congenital melanocytic naevi and congenital naevus-like naevi in a survey of 3406 Italian schoolchildrenS Gallus
Centro Studi GISED, USC di Dermatologia, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Largo Barozzi 1, 24100 Bergamo, Italy
Br J Dermatol 159:433-8. 2008..Scanty information is available on the prevalence of congenital melanocytic naevi (CMN) and congenital naevus-like naevi (CNLN), particularly the small ones...
- Patterns of detection of superficial spreading and nodular-type melanoma: a multicenter Italian studyPaolo Carli
Department of Dermatology, University of Florence, Florence, Italy
Dermatol Surg 30:1371-5; discussion 1375-6. 2004..Nodular histotype represents the condition that is mostly associated with diagnosis of thick melanoma...
- Baseline factors influencing decisions on digital follow-up of melanocytic lesions in daily practice: an Italian multicenter surveyPaolo Carli
Department of Dermatology, University of Florence, Italy
J Am Acad Dermatol 55:256-62. 2006..Guidelines for optimized use of digital follow-up of melanocytic lesions are not yet available, and little is known about inclusion criteria adopted in clinical practice...
- Dermoscopic features of difficult melanomaMaria A Pizzichetta
Centro di Riferimento Oncologico, CRO, Aviano, Italy
Dermatol Surg 33:91-9. 2007..The dermoscopic diagnosis of cutaneous melanoma (CM) may be difficult because some CM lack specific dermoscopic features for melanoma diagnosis...
- Dermatoscopic and histopathological diagnosis of primary and metastatic melanoma: report of a workshop at the Third Research Meeting on Melanoma, Milan, Italy, May 2003Ignazio Stanganelli
Skin Cancer Unit, CPO, Ravenna and Cutaneous Oncology Unit, Niguarda Ca Granda Hospital, Milan, Italy
Melanoma Res 14:231-5. 2004..This report is a brief summary of the main themes covered...
- Clinical and dermoscopic criteria related to melanoma sentinel lymph node positivityGianluca Pagnanelli
Istituto Dermopatico dell Immacolata, IRCCS, Roma, Italy
Anticancer Res 27:2939-44. 2007..The purpose of this study was to investigate whether specific clinical and/or dermoscopic features could be "in vivo" predictors of sentinel lymph node (SLN) positivity in melanomas >1 mm thick...