Laura de Magistris
Affiliation: Second University of Naples
- Antibodies against food antigens in patients with autistic spectrum disordersLaura de Magistris
CIRANAD, Second University of Naples, Via Pansini 5, Building 3, 80131 Naples, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2013:729349. 2013..The prevalence of antibodies to gliadin and milk proteins in autistic children with paired/impaired intestinal permeability and under dietary regimen either regular or restricted is reported...
- Divergence of gut permeability and mucosal immune gene expression in two gluten-associated conditions: celiac disease and gluten sensitivityAnna Sapone
Mucosal Biology Research Center, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA
BMC Med 9:23. 2011....
- Alterations of the intestinal barrier in patients with autism spectrum disorders and in their first-degree relativesLaura de Magistris
Department Magrassi Lanzara, Gastroenterology, Second University of Naples, Italy
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 51:418-24. 2010..Faecal calprotectin (FC) was also measured in patients with autism, either with or without gastrointestinal symptoms, and in their first-degree relatives...
- Cannabinoid receptor type 2, but not type 1, is up-regulated in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of children affected by autistic disordersDario Siniscalco
Division of Pharmacology, Department of Experimental Medicine, Second University of Naples, Via S Maria di Costantinopoli, 16, 80138, Naples, Italy
J Autism Dev Disord 43:2686-95. 2013..5 ± 1.32 vs. 6.70 ± 1.25 in autistic children and healthy subjects, respectively). Our data indicate CB2 receptor as potential therapeutic target for the pharmacological management of the autism care. ..
- Assessment of intestinal permeability and orocecal transit time in patients with systemic sclerosis: analysis of relationships with epidemiologic and clinical parametersLuigi Caserta
Gastroenterology Unit, Magrassi Lanzara Department of Clinical and Experimental Internal Medicine, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Rheumatol Int 23:226-30. 2003..The aim of this study was to assess intestinal permeability (IP) in patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc) and to relate the results with general disease activity and gastrointestinal involvement...
- The expression of caspases is enhanced in peripheral blood mononuclear cells of autism spectrum disorder patientsDario Siniscalco
Department of Experimental Medicine, Division of Pharmacology, Second University of Naples, via S Maria di Costantinopoli 16, 80138 Naples, Italy
J Autism Dev Disord 42:1403-10. 2012..Our data are suggestive of a possible role of the caspase pathway in ASD clinical outcome and of the use of caspase as potential diagnostic and/or therapeutic tools in ASD management...
- Cellobiose and lactulose coupled with mannitol and determined using ion-exchange chromatography with pulsed amperometric detection, are reliable probes for investigation of intestinal permeabilityMaddalena Generoso
Department of Experimental Medicine, School of Medicine, Second University of Naples, Via De Crecchio 8, 80138, Naples, Italy
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 783:349-57. 2003..0714). Ce/Ma and/or La/Ma tests result similarly reliable in the clinical investigation of IP and the described new method is also helpful in urine even with high glucose concentration, without any interference...