- Non-invasive assessment of liver fibrosis in chronic liver diseases: implementation in clinical practice and decisional algorithmsGiada Sebastiani
Department of Digestive Diseases, Hepatology and Clinical Nutrition, Dell Angelo Hospital, 30100 Venice and Venetian Institute of Molecular Medicine, 35100 Padova, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 15:2190-203. 2009....
- Stepwise combination algorithms of non-invasive markers to diagnose significant fibrosis in chronic hepatitis CGiada Sebastiani
Department of Clinical and Experimental Medicine, University of Padova, Via Giustiniani, 35100 Padova, Italy
J Hepatol 44:686-93. 2006..Non-invasive markers have been proposed but their use is limited by diagnostic accuracy. Our aim was to increase the diagnostic performance of non-invasive markers of liver fibrosis by combining them in sequential algorithms...
- Fatty liver in H63D homozygotes with hyperferritinemiaGiada Sebastiani
Centre for Hepatology, Department of Medicine, Royal Free and University College Medical School, Royal Free Campus, University College London, London, UK
World J Gastroenterol 12:1788-92. 2006..Patients with fatty liver may complicate the interpretation of data in population studies of the expression of H63D homozygosity...
- HFE gene in primary and secondary hepatic iron overloadGiada Sebastiani
Venetian Institute of Molecular Medicine VIMM, Padova and Digestive Diseases, Hepatology and Clinical Nutrition Department, Umberto I Hospital, Venice, Italy
World J Gastroenterol 13:4673-89. 2007..We discuss the evidence regarding the role of HFE gene mutations in these liver diseases. Finally, we summarize the common and specific features of iron overload in liver diseases other than haemochromatosis...
- Prediction of oesophageal varices in hepatic cirrhosis by simple serum non-invasive markers: Results of a multicenter, large-scale studyGiada Sebastiani
Department of Digestive Diseases, Hepatology and Clinical Nutrition, Dell Angelo Hospital, Venice, Italy
J Hepatol 53:630-8. 2010..Preliminary data suggest that non-invasive methods could be useful to assess presence of oesophageal varices (OV) in cirrhotic patients. We aimed to further investigate simple serum non-invasive markers for diagnosing and grading OV...
- Non-invasive assessment of liver fibrosis: it is time for laboratory medicineGiada Sebastiani
Department of Digestive Diseases, Hepatology and Clinical Nutrition, Dell Angelo Hospital, Venice, Venetian Institute of Molecular Medicine VIMM, Padova, Italy
Clin Chem Lab Med 49:13-32. 2011..In this view, serum biomarkers and liver biopsy represent a union between laboratory medicine and hepatology...