Affiliation: Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna
- Humans can integrate force feedback to toes in their sensorimotor control of a robotic handAlessandro Panarese
ARTSLab, Scuola Super Sant Anna, 56025 Pontedera, Italy
IEEE Trans Neural Syst Rehabil Eng 17:560-7. 2009..We show that within a few lifting trials, all the participants incorporated the force feedback received by the foot in their sensorimotor control of the robotic hand...
- A modified low-cost haptic interface as a tool for complex tactile stimulationAlessandro Panarese
ARTSLab, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Pontedera Pi, Pisa, Italy
Med Eng Phys 33:386-90. 2011....
- Human ability to discriminate direction of three-dimensional force stimuli applied to the finger padAlessandro Panarese
ARTSLab, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Pontedera, Italy
J Neurophysiol 105:541-7. 2011..Moreover, we found that the discrimination ability was mainly affected by the time-varying phases of the stimulus, because adding a static plateau phase to the stimulus improved the discrimination threshold only to a limited extent...
- Quantitative kinematic characterization of reaching impairments in mice after a strokeStefano Lai
Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, Pisa, Italy
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 29:382-92. 2015..This methodology allows us to calculate several kinematic measures for the quantitative assessment of performance in a skilled reaching task before and after a focal cortical stroke...
- Reducing GABAA-mediated inhibition improves forelimb motor function after focal cortical stroke in miceClaudia Alia
Scuola Normale Superiore, 56126, Pisa, Italy
Sci Rep 6:37823. 2016..Improvements were persistent as they remained detectable about three weeks after treatment. These data demonstrate a key role for GABAergic inhibition in limiting motor improvements after cortical stroke...
- Post-Stroke Longitudinal Alterations of Inter-Hemispheric Correlation and Hemispheric Dominance in Mouse Pre-Motor CortexFabio Vallone
Institute of Biophysics, CNR, Pisa, Italy
PLoS ONE 11:e0146858. 2016..Here, we examined longitudinal changes in functional coupling between the two RFAs following unilateral photothrombotic stroke in CFA (mm from Bregma: +0.5 anterior, +1.25 lateral)...
- Altered sensory processing and dendritic remodeling in hyperexcitable visual cortical networksEleonora Vannini
CNR Neuroscience Institute, Via G Moruzzi 1, 56124, Pisa, Italy
Brain Struct Funct 221:2919-36. 2016..These data demonstrate robust, long-term remodeling of both inhibitory and excitatory circuitry associated with specific disturbances of network function in neocortical epilepsy. ..
- Model-based variables for the kinematic assessment of upper-extremity impairments in post-stroke patientsAlessandro Panarese
The BioRobotics Institute, Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, viale R Piaggio 34, 56025, Pontedera, Pisa, Italy
J Neuroeng Rehabil 13:81. 2016..Here we sought to identify a set of clinically useful variables for an exhaustive but yet economical kinematic characterization of upper limb movements performed by post-stroke hemiparetic subjects...
- A robotic system for quantitative assessment and poststroke training of forelimb retraction in miceCristina Spalletti
1CNR Neuroscience Institute, Pisa, Italy
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 28:188-96. 2014..However, their efficacy is still limited because of the poor comprehension of the mechanisms at the basis of functional enhancements...
- Tracking motor improvement at the subtask level during robot-aided neurorehabilitation of stroke patientsAlessandro Panarese
Scuola Superiore Sant Anna, BioRobotics Institute, Pisa, Italy
Neurorehabil Neural Repair 26:822-33. 2012..Current robotic systems have limited customization capability and require a physiotherapist to assess progress and adapt therapy accordingly...