Genomes and Genes
Filippo Martinelli Boneschi
Affiliation: San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Mitoxantrone for multiple sclerosisFilippo Martinelli Boneschi
Department of Neurology, INSPE San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milano, Italy
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2013..This is an updated Cochrane review of the previous published version.Mitoxantrone (MX) has been shown to be moderately effective in reducing the clinical outcome measures of disease activity in multiple sclerosis (MS) patients...
- Mitoxantrone for multiple sclerosisF Martinelli Boneschi
Scientific Institute Ospedale San Raffaele, Nerological Department, Via Olgettina, 48, Milano, Italy 20132
Cochrane Database Syst Rev . 2005..Mitoxantrone (MX) has been shown to be moderately effective in reducing the clinical outcome measures of disease activity in multiple sclerosis (MS) patients...
- No evidence of ATP1A2 involvement in 12 multiplex Italian families with benign familial infantile seizuresFilippo Martinelli Boneschi
Department of Neurology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20131 Milan, Italy
Neurosci Lett 388:71-4. 2005..It could be either responsible of a minority of cases, or of complex syndromes where BFIC and FHM co-occur...
- MGAT5 and disease severity in progressive multiple sclerosisFederica Esposito
INSPE and Department of Neurology, Division of Neuroscience, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 230:143-7. 2011..These results, even if suggestive of MGAT5 involvement also in progressive MS severity, require a bigger sample size to confirm and better explore the role of this locus in this rare disease course...
- Efficacy and safety of nabiximols (Sativex(®)) on multiple sclerosis spasticity in a real-life Italian monocentric studyLaura Ferrè
Department of Neurology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 48, 20132, Milan, Italy
Neurol Sci 37:235-42. 2016..Shorter disease duration at treatment start was associated with better response. This real-world study confirms nabiximols efficacy and safety in the treatment of MS-related spasticity and pain, which is maintained up to 48 weeks...
- Long-term management of natalizumab discontinuation in a large monocentric cohort of multiple sclerosis patientsFrancesca Sangalli
Department of Neurology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 48, 20132 Milan, Italy Electronic address
Mult Scler Relat Disord 3:520-6. 2014..Some of these patients must stop the drug at the risk of disease reactivation...
- Comparative study of mitoxantrone efficacy profile in patients with relapsing-remitting and secondary progressive multiple sclerosisFederica Esposito
Department of Neurology, Division of Neuroscience, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Mult Scler 16:1490-9. 2010..Mitoxantrone (MTX) is an immunosuppressive drug approved for multiple sclerosis (MS) treatment...
- Immunological patterns identifying disease course and evolution in multiple sclerosis patientsRoberto Furlan
Neuroimmunology Unit, San Raffaele, Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Neuroimmunol 165:192-200. 2005....
- Inverse correlation of genetic risk score with age at onset in bout-onset and progressive-onset multiple sclerosisMelissa Sorosina
Laboratory of Genetics of Neurological complex Disorders, Institute of Experimental Neurology INSPE, Division of Neuroscience, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Mult Scler 21:1463-7. 2015..15) (p of difference of regression=1.4 × 10(-2)). These findings suggest that established MS risk variants anticipate the onset of the inflammatory phase, while they have no impact on, or even delay, the onset of the progressive phase. ..
- Motor evoked potentials in a mouse model of chronic multiple sclerosisStefano Amadio
Department of Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Universita Vita e Salute, Milan, Italy
Muscle Nerve 33:265-73. 2006..These results demonstrate that cMEPs are a useful method for monitoring corticospinal tract function in chronic-progressive EAE, and provide insight into the pathological substrate of the condition...
- Evidence for use of glatiramer acetate in multiple sclerosisGiancarlo Comi
Department of Neurology, Scientific Institute and University Ospedale San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 48, 20131, Milan, Italy
Lancet Neurol 4:75-6; discussion 76-7. 2005
- CHRNA7 Gene and Response to Cholinesterase Inhibitors in an Italian Cohort of Alzheimer's Disease PatientsFerdinando Clarelli
Laboratory of Human Genetics of Neurological Disorders, Institute of Experimental Neurology INSPE, Division of Neuroscience, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
J Alzheimers Dis 52:1203-8. 2016..However, rs6494223 showed a consistent effect direction (OR = 1.4; p = 0.17), which after meta-analysis with previous study yielded a significant result (OR = 1.57, p = 0.02, I2 = 0%). ..
- A pharmacogenetic study implicates SLC9a9 in multiple sclerosis disease activityFederica Esposito
Department of Neurology and Neurorehabilitation, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Ann Neurol 78:115-27. 2015..The aim of the present study is to identify biomarkers for further clinical development and to yield insights into the pathophysiology of disease activity...
- Peripheral nerve morphogenesis induced by scaffold micropatterningFederica Cerri
Division of Neuroscience and INSPE, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Biomaterials 35:4035-45. 2014....
- DDIT4/REDD1/RTP801 is a novel negative regulator of Schwann cell myelinationRoberta Noseda
Dulbecco Telethon Institute at Institute of Experimental Neurology INSPE, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy, UniSR, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, 20132 Milan, Italy, Institute of Experimental Neurology INSPE, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, 20132 Milan, Italy, Hunter James Kelly Research Institute, University at Buffalo, State University of New York, Buffalo, New York 14203, Quark Pharmaceuticals, 70400 Ness Ziona, Israel, and The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, Maryland 21205
J Neurosci 33:15295-305. 2013..Moreover, loss of DDIT4 expression both in vitro and in vivo in Ddit4-null mice provokes sustained hypermyelination and enhanced mTORC1 activation, thus suggesting that this molecule is a novel negative regulator of PNS myelination. ..
- The use of magnetic resonance imaging in multiple sclerosis: lessons learned from clinical trialsFilippo Martinelli Boneschi
Department of Neurology, Scientific Institute and University Ospedale San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Mult Scler 10:341-7. 2004....
- Impact of fatigue on the efficacy of rehabilitation in multiple sclerosisElda Judica
Neurorehabilitation Unit, Department of Neurology, Institute of Experimental Neurology, Vita Salute University, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
J Neurol 258:835-9. 2011..An intensive inpatient rehabilitation trial decreases symptom of fatigue in MS patients; furthermore fatigue seems not to modify the amelioration of disability and impairment determined by a rehabilitation program...
- Prostaglandin D2 synthase/GPR44: a signaling axis in PNS myelinationAmelia Trimarco
1 Division of Neuroscience, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy 2 INSPE at San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Nat Neurosci 17:1682-92. 2014..Thus, L-PGDS and Gpr44 are previously unknown components of an axo-glial interaction that controls PNS myelination and possibly myelin maintenance. ..
- Astrocytes acquire resistance to iron-dependent oxidative stress upon proinflammatory activationRomina Macco
Division of Neuroscience, DIBIT, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 58, 20132, Milano, Italy
J Neuroinflammation 10:130. 2013..In this work, we investigated how activation affects the competence of astrocytes to handle iron overload and the ensuing oxidative stress...
- Amino acid starvation induces reactivation of silenced transgenes and latent HIV-1 provirus via down-regulation of histone deacetylase 4 (HDAC4)Ilaria Palmisano
Center for Translational Genomics and Bioinformatics, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Ospedale San Raffaele, 20132 Milan, Italy
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:E2284-93. 2012....
- Four new families with autosomal dominant partial epilepsy with auditory features: clinical description and linkage to chromosome 10q24Melodie R Winawer
G H Sergievsky Center, Columbia University, New York, NY 10032, USA
Epilepsia 43:60-7. 2002..We assessed clinical features and linkage evidence in four newly ascertained families with ADPEAF, to refine the clinical phenotype and confirm the genetic localization...