Affiliation: San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- [¹⁸F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography/computed tomography and trophoblastic disease: the gynecologist perspectiveGiorgia Mangili
Obstetrics and Gynaecology Unit, Vita Salute San Raffaele University and IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Q J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 60:103-16. 2016..The potential role of 18F-2-fluoro-2-deoxy-D-glucose ([18F]FDG) positron emission tomography (PET) in diagnostic setting and follow up phase of GTD is still largely debated...
- Fertility preservation in women with borderline ovarian tumoursGiorgia Mangili
Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy Electronic address
Cancer Treat Rev 49:13-24. 2016..5) Albeit experimental, oocytes retrieval from affected ovaries removed at the time of surgery can be considered. Conversely, ovarian cortex cryopreservation is not justified given the possible risks of malignant reseeding. ..
- Adjuvant chemotherapy does not improve disease-free survival in FIGO stage IC ovarian granulosa cell tumors: The MITO-9 studyG Mangili
Gynecology Department, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy Electronic address
Gynecol Oncol 143:276-280. 2016....
- Fertility preservation in female cancer patients: a single center experienceCristina Sigismondi
Gynecology Department, Preservation of Fertility Unit, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milano 20132, Italy
Chin J Cancer 34:56-60. 2015..Our results indicate that an effective multidisciplinary oncofertility team is necessary for prompt referrals and treatment. ..
- Long-term follow-up is crucial after treatment for granulosa cell tumours of the ovaryG Mangili
Gynecology Department, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Via Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Br J Cancer 109:29-34. 2013....
- Unraveling the two entities of endometrioid ovarian cancer: a single center clinical experienceGiorgia Mangili
Obstetrics and Gynecology Unit, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milano, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 126:403-7. 2012..We have investigated clinical and histologic features of endometriosis-associated endometrioid ovarian cancer using an institutional retrospective database...
- Activity of chemotherapy in mucinous ovarian cancer with a recurrence free interval of more than 6 months: results from the SOCRATES retrospective studySandro Pignata
Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Napoli, Italy
BMC Cancer 8:252. 2008..The aim of this study was to evaluate, retrospectively, the activity of chemotherapy in patients with platinum sensitive recurrent mucinous ovarian cancer...
- Is adjuvant chemotherapy indicated in stage I pure immature ovarian teratoma (IT)? A multicentre Italian trial in ovarian cancer (MITO-9)G Mangili
Gynecology Department, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 119:48-52. 2010..Nevertheless the use of chemotherapy in stage IA G2-3 and IB-IC is controversial. The aim of this study was to evaluate the outcome of patients with IT in order to define the role of chemotherapy in stage I disease...
- Is surgical restaging indicated in apparent stage IA pure ovarian dysgerminoma? The MITO group retrospective experienceG Mangili
Gynecology Department, I R C C S San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 121:280-4. 2011..The aim of study was to evaluate the outcome of IA POD patients with incomplete surgical staging in order to define the proper management...
- Prevention strategies in palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia onset: the role of regional coolingG Mangili
IRCCS Ospedale San Raffaele, Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Milan, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 108:332-5. 2008..Different therapies have been proposed to alleviate PPE onset. We performed a prospective study to evaluate preventive strategies to reduce PPE incidence in patients treated for gynecologic cancers...
- Paclitaxel and concomitant radiotherapy in high-risk endometrial cancer patients: preliminary findingsGiorgia Mangili
Gynecology Department, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
BMC Cancer 6:198. 2006..Radiotherapy (RT) alone does not seem to improve overall survival. We investigated whether concomitant Paclitaxel (P) and RT gave better clinical results...
- Outcome and risk factors for recurrence in malignant ovarian germ cell tumors: a MITO-9 retrospective studyGiorgia Mangili
Gynecology Department, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Milan
Int J Gynecol Cancer 21:1414-21. 2011..This study aimed to investigate the outcome of patients with malignant ovarian germ cell tumors (MOGCTs) and to define the risk factors for recurrence...
- An unusual admixture of neoplastic and metaplastic lesions of the female genital tract in the Peutz-Jeghers SyndromeGiorgia Mangili
Division of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Vita e Salute, S Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 92:337-42. 2004..Patients with PJS have an increased risk for breast, gastrointestinal and female genital tract cancers...
- Sarcoidosis mimicking metastatic gynaecological malignancies: a diagnostic and therapeutic challenge?P Mapelli
Department of Nuclear Medicine, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Rev Esp Med Nucl Imagen Mol 32:314-7. 2013..Furthermore, the clinical relevance of making a differential diagnosis between gynaecological cancer recurrence and granulomatous disorder is given specific mention...
- Integrated PET/CT as a first-line re-staging modality in patients with suspected recurrence of ovarian cancerG Mangili
Department of Gynaecology and Obstetrics, Scientific Institute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 34:658-66. 2007..The aims of this study were to compare CT with PET/CT results in patients with suspected ovarian cancer recurrence and to assess the impact of the PET/CT findings on their clinical management...
- Concomitant radiotherapy and paclitaxel for high-risk endometrial cancer: first feasibility studyL Frigerio
Department of Gynecologic and Obstetrics, S. Raphael Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 81:53-7. 2001..CONCLUSIONS: Concomitant P and RT is safe and acceptable treatment in patients with HREC. Prospective clinical studies are necessary to evaluate the benefits of this regimen for the long-term survival rate...
- Response and toxicity to topotecan in sensitive ovarian cancer cases with small residual disease after first-line treatment with carboplatinum and paclitaxelG Bolis
I(a) Clinica Ostetrico Ginecologica, , Milan, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 80:13-5. 2001..8% (SE 6.4). CONCLUSION: This study indicates that sequential therapy with carboplatin plus paclitaxel followed by topotecan, all given at standard doses, is feasible and provides favorable response rates...
- Role of 18F-FDG PET in the management of gestational trophoblastic neoplasiaP Mapelli
Department of Nuclear Medicine, San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 40:505-13. 2013..The effect of FDG PET and combined PET/CT on the management of patients with GTN was also evaluated comparing the differences between standard treatments based on conventional imaging and alternative treatments based on PET...
- Positron emission tomography/computed tomography introduction in the clinical management of patients with suspected recurrence of ovarian cancer: a cost-effectiveness analysisM Mansueto
Institute for Bioimaging and Molecular Physiology, National Research Council, University of Milano Bicocca and San Raffaele Hospital Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 18:612-9. 2009..50-433.00 euro). Positron emission tomography/computed tomography introduction in this population is cost-effective and allowed to redirect the clinical management of patients towards more appropriate therapeutic choices...
- Palliative care for intestinal obstruction in recurrent ovarian cancer: a multivariate analysisG Mangili
Division of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Vita e Salute, S Raffaele Hospital, Milano, Italy
Int J Gynecol Cancer 15:830-5. 2005..Survival was significantly longer in the surgical group, and surgical palliation should be considered first in patients with good performance status...
- Comparison of optimal cytoreduction rates in emergency versus non-emergency admissions for advanced ovarian cancer: a multi-institutional studyG Mangili
Division of Gynecologic Oncology, San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Eur J Surg Oncol 39:906-11. 2013....
- Carboplatin alone vs carboplatin plus epidoxorubicin as second-line therapy for cisplatin- or carboplatin-sensitive ovarian cancerG Bolis
I(a) Clinica Ostetrico Ginecologica, , Milan, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 81:3-9. 2001..Toxicity, particularly hematological, was more relevant in women treated with the multiagent schedule...
- The role of staging and adjuvant chemotherapy in stage I Malignant ovarian germ cell tumors (MOGTs): the MITO-9 studyG Mangili
Gynecology and Obstetrics Department, I R C C S San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol . 2016..The role of adjuvant chemotherapy and surgical staging is debated...
- [18F]fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography as a useful indicator of metastatic gestational trophoblastic tumor: preliminary results in three patientsS Sironi
University of Milano Bicocca, Milan, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 91:226-30. 2003..The goal of this study was to evaluate the usefulness of positron emission tomography with [(18)F]fluorodeoxyglucose ([(18)F]FDG-PET) in detecting metastases in patients with gestational trophoblastic tumor (GTTs)...
- Metastatic placental site trophoblastic tumor. Report of a case with complete response to chemotherapyG Mangili
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Ospedale San Raffaele, Via Olgettina 60, 20100 Milan, Italy
J Reprod Med 46:259-62. 2001..CONCLUSION: Treatment with multiagent chemotherapy can produce long-term remission, even in patients with metastatic PSTT...
- Transvaginal ultrasound predicts delayed response to chemotherapy and drug resistance in stage I low-risk trophoblastic neoplasiaP Cavoretto
IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, Obstetrics and Gynecology Department, Vita Salute University, Milan, Italy
Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 40:99-105. 2012..The aim of this study was to identify low-risk non-metastatic patients with gestational trophoblastic neoplasia (GTN) who can achieve resolution by continuing MTX treatment despite a transient hCG plateau...
- The role of DNA ploidy in postoperative management of stage I endometrial cancerG Mangili
Division of Gynecology and Obstetrics, IRCCS San Raffaele Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Ann Oncol 19:1278-83. 2008..Decision is on the basis of traditional prognostic factors. We report our experience in which ploidy has found to play a role in clinical practice since 1999...
- Phase II study on pemetrexed in advanced and/or recurrent cervical cancer patients: a MITO studyG Ferrandina
Catholic University of Rome, Rome, Italy Catholic University, Campobasso, Italy National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy CRO, Aviano, Italy San Raffaele Hospital, Milan, Italy Fatebenefratelli Hospital, Rome, Italy Moscati Hospital, Taranto, Italy
J Clin Oncol 26:5515. 2008..5515 Background: The objective of the study was to evaluate the activity of the new-generation multitarget antifolate drug, pemetrexed, in a population of advanced and/or recurrent cervical cancer patients...
- Hereditary surfactant protein B deficiency resulting from a novel mutationM Somaschini
Divisione di Patologia Neonatale, Ospedali Riuniti di Bergamo, Bergamo, Italy
Intensive Care Med 26:97-100. 2000..Hereditary SP-B deficiency is a rare, newly diagnosable and probably under-recognized disease, which should be suspected in term newborn infants with unexplained respiratory failure...
- Phase II study of NGR-hTNF plus doxorubicin in relapsed ovarian cancer (OC)G Scambia
Catholic University, Rome, Italy MITO, Rome, Italy Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Catholic University, Rome, Italy Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Rome, Italy Department of Gynecologic Oncology, Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Milan, Italy Department of Oncology, Istituto Scientifico San Raffaele, Milan, Italy MolMed SpA, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:5022. 2011..NGR-hTNF is able to increase the intratumoral doxorubicin distribution by altering tumor vasculature...
- Advanced ovarian carcinoma: usefulness of [(18)F]FDG-PET in combination with CT for lesion detection after primary treatmentM Picchio
IBFM CNR, University of Milano Bicocca, University of Vita Salute, Institute H San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Q J Nucl Med 47:77-84. 2003..To determine the additional value of [(18)F]FDG-PET in combination with computed tomography (CT) over CT used alone, for evaluating ovarian cancer patients after primary treatment...
- Primary stage I-IIE non-Hodgkin's lymphoma of uterine cervix and upper vagina: evidence for a conservative approach in a study on three patientsElisabetta Garavaglia
Division of Gynecology and Obstetrics, University Vita e Salute, S Raffaele Hospital, V Olgettina 60, 20132 Milan, Italy
Gynecol Oncol 97:214-8. 2005..However, these organs are rarely the site of origin of this type of neoplasia. Because of the rarity of primary genital tract lymphomas, a standard treatment has not been defined...
- Paclitaxel 175 or 225 mg per meters squared with carboplatin in advanced ovarian cancer: a randomized trialGiorgio Bolis
Prima Clinica Ostetrico Ginecologica, Universita di Milano, Milan, Italy
J Clin Oncol 22:686-90. 2004..To analyze the effect of different doses of paclitaxel with fixed doses of carboplatin in the treatment of ovarian cancer...