Affiliation: San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Pulmonary vein stenosis requiring lobectomy after radiofrequency catheter ablation for atrial fibrillationL Libretti
Department of Thoracic Surgery, San Raffaele University and Scientific Institute, Milan, Italy
J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino) 53:821-3. 2012..Despite three attempts of vein dilation by means of angioplasty, the stenosis always recurred with worsening of symptoms. A left inferior lobectomy was then performed and after 33 months the patient is well and with no symptoms...
- Pleuropulmonary blastoma in the area of a diagnosed congenital lung cystLidia Libretti
Department of Thoracic Surgery, University and Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 85:658-60. 2008..He underwent surgical resection of the neoplasm followed by chemotherapy. After 20 months he is alive and well...
- Transbronchial needle aspiration in lung cancer patients suitable for operation with positive mediastinal positron emission tomographyGiulio Melloni
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Ann Thorac Surg 87:373-8. 2009....
- Surgical treatment of catamenial pneumothorax: a single centre experiencePaola Ciriaco
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Scientific Institute and University Vita Salute H San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 8:349-52. 2009..Standard pleurodesis may not suffice and we suggest apical resection and apical pleurectomy associated with a diaphragmatic procedure when indicated. Hormonal treatment with GnRH agonist seems to improve the outcome...
- Endobronchial migration of prosthetic patch after congenital diaphragmatic hernia repairLidia Libretti
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Scientific Institute and University Vita Salute, San Raffaele, 20132 Milan, Italy
J Pediatr Surg 41:e65-7. 2006..Only fibrobronchoscopy allowed fistulization of the prosthesis into the bronchi to be correctly diagnosed...
- Pulmonary resection for non-small-cell lung cancer in patients on hemodialysis: clinical outcome and long-term resultsPaola Ciriaco
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Vita Salute University, Via Olgettina 60, Milan 20132, Italy
World J Surg 29:1516-9. 2005..Careful metabolic, hematologic, and pharmaceutical management is mandatory during the perioperative period...
- Salivary gland-type mixed tumor (pleomorphic adenoma) of the lungAngelo Carretta
Department of Thoracic Surgery, Scientific Institute H San Raffaele, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, Via Olgettina, 60 20132 Milano, Italy
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 3:663-5. 2004..The diagnostic and therapeutic approach in a patient with a pulmonary pleomorphic adenoma is described...