Maria Livia Fantini
Affiliation: San Raffaele Scientific Institute
- Sleep in genetically confirmed pantothenate kinase-associated neurodegeneration: a video-polysomnographic studyMaria Livia Fantini
Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Clinical Neurosciences, Vita Salute San Raffaele University, H San Raffaele Turro, 20127 Milan, Italy
Parkinsons Dis 2010:342834. 2010..Sleep studies may phenotypically differentiate PKAN from other neurodegenerative disorders...
- Olfactory deficit in idiopathic rapid eye movements sleep behavior disorderMaria Livia Fantini
Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Neurology, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, via Stamira d Ancona n 20, 20127 Milan, Italy
Brain Res Bull 70:386-90. 2006..Pathological changes in the anterior olfactory nucleus and olfactory loss occur very early in the course of PD and DLB. The aim of the study was to assess olfactory function in a large group of idiopathic RBD patients...
- Longitudinal study of cognitive function in idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorderMaria Livia Fantini
Sleep Disorders Center, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Sleep 34:619-25. 2011..To assess the longitudinal course of cognitive functions in a cohort of patients with idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorder (iRBD)...
- Aggressive dream content without daytime aggressiveness in REM sleep behavior disorderM L Fantini
Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Neurology, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Neurology 65:1010-5. 2005..REM sleep behavior disorder (RBD) is characterized by vigorous sleep motor activity associated with dream mentation. Patients with RBD frequently report action-filled and violent dreams...
- Time structure analysis of leg movements during sleep in REM sleep behavior disorderMauro Manconi
Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Neurology, H San Raffaele Scientific Institute, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Sleep 30:1779-85. 2007..To compare the time structure of leg movements (LM) during sleep of patients with rapid eye movement (REM) sleep behavior disorder (RBD) with that of patients with restless legs syndrome (RLS) or control subjects...
- First night efficacy of pramipexole in restless legs syndrome and periodic leg movementsMauro Manconi
Sleep Disorders Center, Department of Neurology, Scientific Institute and University Ospedale San Raffaele, Vita Salute University, Milan, Italy
Sleep Med 8:491-7. 2007..Restless legs syndrome (RLS) seems to improve immediately after a single dose of dopamine-agonists (DA). The aim of the present study was to investigate the acute effects of a low standard dose of pramipexole in RLS drug-naïve patients...
- Cerebrovascular diseases and sleep-disordered breathingLuigi Ferini-Strambi
Dept of Neurology, Sleep Disorders Center, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Milan, Italy
Clin Exp Hypertens 28:225-31. 2006..Specific treatment of SDB may reduce the possibility of further cerebrovascular disturbances...
- Autonomic symptoms in idiopathic REM behavior disorder: a multicentre case-control studyLuigi Ferini-Strambi
Department of Clinical Neuroscience, Sleep Disorders Center, Universita Vita Salute San Raffaele, Via Stamira d Ancona 20, 20127, Milan, Italy
J Neurol 261:1112-8. 2014..Our findings underline the importance of collecting data on autonomic symptoms in iRBD. These data may be used in prospective studies for evaluating the risk of developing neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Circadian variation of the effects of immobility on symptoms of restless legs syndromeMartin Michaud
Sleep Disorders Center, Sacré Coeur Hospital Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Sleep 28:843-6. 2005..However, no study has ever attempted to dissociate these two effects. The objective of this study was to evaluate the nycthemeral variations in the effects of duration of immobility on symptoms of RLS...
- Idiopathic REM sleep behavior disorder: toward a better nosologic definitionMaria Livia Fantini
Centre d Etude du Sommeil et des Rythmes Biologiques, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur, Montreal, Canada
Neurology 64:780-6. 2005..Identifying subjects with a high risk of developing a neurodegenerative process may be crucial in order to develop early intervention strategies...
- Circadian rhythm of restless legs syndrome: relationship with biological markersMartin Michaud
Sleep Disorders Center, Sacre Coeur Hospital, 5400 Boulevard Gouin Ouest, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Ann Neurol 55:372-80. 2004..This result and those of others studies showing that melatonin exerts an inhibitory effect on central dopamine secretion suggest that melatonin might be implicated in the worsening of RLS symptoms in the evening and during the night...
- REM sleep behavior disorder and REM sleep without atonia in probable Alzheimer diseaseJean Francois Gagnon
Centre d Etude du Sommeil et des Rythmes Biologiques, Hopital du Sacre Coeur de Montreal, Qudbec, Canada
Sleep 29:1321-5. 2006..To determine the frequency of rapid eye movement (REM) sleep behavior disorder (RBD) and REM sleep without atonia among patients with Alzheimer disease and control subjects...
- Slowing of electroencephalogram in rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorderMaria Livia Fantini
Centre d Etude du Sommeil et des Rythmes Biologiques, Hôpital du Sacré Coeur, Quebec, Canada
Ann Neurol 53:774-80. 2003..The topographical distribution of EEG slowing and possible pathophysiological mechanisms are discussed in light of the known association between RBD and neurodegenerative disorders...