- Stroke prevention: managing modifiable risk factorsSilvia Di Legge
Stroke Unit, Department of Neuroscience, University of Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
Stroke Res Treat 2012:391538. 2012..This paper describes the current landscape and developments in stroke prevention with special reference to medical treatment in secondary prevention of ischemic stroke...
- Intra-arterial thrombectomy versus standard intravenous thrombolysis in patients with anterior circulation stroke caused by intracranial arterial occlusions: a single-center experienceFabrizio Sallustio
Stroke Unit, Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy Fondazione Santa Lucia IRCCS, Rome, Italy Electronic address
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 22:e323-31. 2013..The safety and efficacy of NT by the Penumbra System (PS) were compared with standard IV rtPA treatment in patients with severe acute ischemic stroke (AIS) caused by large intracranial vessel occlusion in the anterior circulation...
- Saving the ischemic penumbra: potential role for statins and phosphodiesterase inhibitorsFabrizio Sallustio
Stroke Unit, Dipartimento di Neuroscienze, Universita Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 5:259-65. 2007..The aim of this review is to highlight the potential of these two classes of drugs in the treatment of acute ischemic stroke by analysing their pharmacological effects and involvement in the NO and cGMP pathways...
- Intracranial dissection and extracranial hypoplasia of the internal carotid arteryFabrizio Sallustio
Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
J Ultrasound Med 27:795-8. 2008
- Cilostazol in the management of atherosclerosisFabrizio Sallustio
Department of Neuroscience, Stroke Unit, University of Tor Vergata, 00133 Rome, Italy
Curr Vasc Pharmacol 8:363-72. 2010..This review will focus on the pharmacological properties of cilostazol and its use in the management of atherothrombotic vascular diseases...
- Ultrasound evaluation of early changes in arterial dissectionFabrizio Sallustio
Stroke Unit, Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 19:167-8. 2010..Arterial changes occurring during the first few days were detected by serial ultrasound examinations. Neurologic and functional outcome are provided and therapeutic options discussed...
- Changes in cerebrovascular reactivity following low-frequency repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulationFabrizio Sallustio
Stroke Unit, Department of Neuroscience, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
J Neurol Sci 295:58-61. 2010..We evaluated possible changes in CBFV and CVR in healthy volunteers...
- Floating carotid thrombus treated by intravenous heparin and endarterectomyFabrizio Sallustio
Stroke Unit, Department of Neuroscience, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Vasc Surg 53:489-91. 2011..We report a patient with an ischemic stroke caused by thromboembolism from an ulcerated plaque with floating thrombus of the internal carotid artery (ICA). A controversial use of heparin is discussed...
- Short-Term and Two-Year Rate of Recurrent Cerebrovascular Events in Patients with Acute Cerebral Ischemia of Undetermined Aetiology, with and without a Patent Foramen OvaleSilvia Di Legge
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, Stroke Unit, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
ISRN Neurol 2011:959483. 2011..PFO was not associated with increased rate of recurrent stroke. Age-related factors associated with stroke recurrence in cryptogenic stroke should be taken into account when patients older than 55 years are included in PFO studies...
- Proposal for a Vascular Computed Tomography-Based Grading System in Posterior Circulation Stroke: A Single-Center ExperienceValerio Da Ros
Department of Diagnostic Imaging and Interventional Radiology, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy Electronic address
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 25:368-77. 2016..The aim of this study is to investigate the role of a computed tomography angiography (CTA)-based approach in patients undergoing mechanical thrombectomy for vertebrobasilar stroke treatment...
- Safety of early carotid artery stenting after systemic thrombolysis: a single center experienceFabrizio Sallustio
Department of Clinical Neurological Sciences, Stroke Unit, Policlinico Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 81, 00133 Rome, Italy
Stroke Res Treat 2012:904575. 2012..Conclusion. This small case series of a single centre suggests that early CAS may be considered a safe alternative to CEA after IV rtPA administration in selected patients at high risk of stroke recurrence...
- Cryptogenic cerebral ischemia: clinical usefulness of a flexible ultrasound diagnostic algorithm for detection of patent foramen ovaleEmiliano De Marchis
Department of Cardiology, Stroke Unit, University of Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
J Cardiovasc Med (Hagerstown) 12:530-7. 2011..We tested the feasibility and the clinical usefulness of an early screening for PFO combining different ultrasound techniques in patients with acute cerebral ischemia of undetermined cause...
- Efficacy of systemic thrombolysis within 4.5 h from stroke symptom onset: a single-centre clinical and diffusion-perfusion 3T MRI studyRoberto Floris
Department of Diagnostic Imaging, Molecular Imaging, Radiotherapy and Interventional Radiology, Policlinico Tor Vergata, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Viale Oxford 8, 00133, Rome, Italy
Radiol Med 119:767-74. 2014..5 h of stroke onset, in terms of clinical and radiological outcome, using a 3T magnetic resonance (MR) scanner in a cohort of patients similar to that of multicentre clinical trials...
- Cytotoxin-associated Gene-A-positive Helicobacter pylori strains infection increases the risk of recurrent atherosclerotic strokeMarina Diomedi
Clinical Neurology, Department of Neuroscience, Tor Vergata University, Rome, Italy
Helicobacter 13:525-31. 2008..The aim of this study was to investigate whether these strains represent an independent risk factor for recurrent atherosclerotic stroke...
- Cerebrospinal Fluid Aβ42 Levels: When Physiological Become Pathological StateAlessandro Martorana
Clinica Neurologica, Sytem Medicine Department, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
CNS Neurosci Ther 21:921-5. 2015..Aim of this review is to discuss the role of CSF Aβ levels in light of experimental, clinical pathologic, and electrophysiological results in AD and other pathological entities to put in a correct frame the value of Aβ changes. ..
- Assessment of intracranial collateral flow by using dynamic arterial spin labeling MRA and transcranial color-coded duplex ultrasoundFabrizio Sallustio
Department of Neurology, Universitatsklinikum Mannheim, University of Heidelberg, 68135 Mannheim, Germany
Stroke 39:1894-7. 2008..To evaluate the potential of a new dynamic MRA sequence (DynAngio) based on arterial spin labeling for the assessment of intracranial collateral flow...