Roberto P Revoltella
- Cochlear repair by transplantation of human cord blood CD133+ cells to nod-scid mice made deaf with kanamycin and noiseRoberto P Revoltella
Foundation onlus Staminali e Vita, Institute of Biomedical Technologies, CNR, 56127 Pisa, Italy
Cell Transplant 17:665-78. 2008....
- Granulocyte-macrophage colony-stimulating factor as an autocrine survival-growth factor in human gliomasRoberto P Revoltella
Institute for Chemical Physical Processes IPCF, National Research Council of Italy CNR, Pisa, Italy
Cytokine 57:347-59. 2012..These results imply that GM-CSF has an effective role in the evolution and pathogenesis of gliomas...
- Human conjunctival epithelial precursor cells and their progeny in 3D organotypic cultureAlfredo Rosellini
Foundation O N L U S Stem Cells and Life, Pisa, Italy
Int J Dev Biol 51:739-43. 2007..These organ cultures provide new opportunities to investigate epithelial reconstitution of the conjunctival surface and changes that may have occurred to their stem/precursor cells during adaptation to varying conditions in vitro...
- Cytoarchitecture modifications of the human uterine endocervical mucosa in long-term three-dimensional organotypic cultureMonica Michelini
Immunobiology and Cell Differentiation Unit, Institute of Biomedical Technologies, CNR, Via G Moruzzi 1, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Pathol Res Pract 201:679-89. 2005..The addition of Es and Pg further improved the histology and physiology of the fragments: in DMEM(pr-)(Es+Pg), epithelial cells retained a columnar shape, secreted mucins, and formed areas of squamous hyperplasia...
- Establishment of an organotypic in vitro culture system and its relevance to the characterization of human prostate epithelial cancer cells and their stromal interactionsSandra Papini
Institute of Biomedical Technologies, National Research Council of Italy, Pisa, Italy
Pathol Res Pract 203:209-16. 2007..The 3D-culture provides a promising approach for studying the development and phenotype of prostate epithelial tumor progenitor cells and their stromal interactions...
- Prolonged human/sheep cellular chimerism following transplantation of human hemopoietic stem cells into the ewe celomic cavityMonica Michelini
Foundation ONLUS Stem Cells and Life, Pisa and Institute of Biomedical Technologies, CNR, Unit of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Int J Dev Biol 52:365-70. 2008..Controls born from un-transplanted ewes never revealed any human DNA sequences nor HLADQ alpha 1 expression...
- A three-dimensional organotypic culture of the human uterine exocervix for studying mucosal epithelial differentiation and migrating leukocytesMonica Michelini
Institute of Biomedical Technologies, Immunobiology and Cell Differentiation Unit, CNR, Via G Moruzzi 1, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Differentiation 72:138-49. 2004....
- Isolation and clonal analysis of human epidermal keratinocyte stem cells in long-term cultureSandra Papini
Immunobiology and Cell Differentiation Unit, Institute of Biomedical Technologies, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Pisa, Italy
Stem Cells 21:481-94. 2003..These results indicate that our procedure will serve as a valuable tool to study expansion of epidermal stem cells as well as the growth mechanisms and cell products associated with their growth and differentiation...