- Diagnostic value of soluble triggering receptor expressed on myeloid cells in paediatric sepsis: a systematic reviewGiuseppe Pontrelli
Clinical Trial Unit, University Department of Paediatrics, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Piazza Sant Onofrio 4, 00100, Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 42:44. 2016..We performed a systematic review to evaluate the accuracy of plasma sTREM-1 levels in the diagnosis of sepsis in children with Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (SIRS)...
- HIV is associated with thrombophilia and high D-dimer in children and adolescentsGiuseppe Pontrelli
Department of Public Health, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
AIDS 24:1145-51. 2010..The association between viral replication and coagulation abnormalities in a cohort of HIV-infected children and adolescents was investigated here...
- Renal function in HIV-infected children and adolescents treated with tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and protease inhibitorsGiuseppe Pontrelli
University Department of Pediatrics, Ospedale Pediatrico Bambino Gesu, Piazza Sant Onofrio, 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
BMC Infect Dis 12:18. 2012....
- Safety and immunogenicity of a monovalent MF59®-adjuvanted A/H1N1 vaccine in HIV-infected children and young adultsPaolo Palma
University Department of Pediatrics, DPUO, Clinical Trial Center Unit, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Piazza S, Onofrio 4, 00165 Rome, Italy
Biologicals 40:134-9. 2012....
- Raising awareness of non-Hodgkin lymphoma in HIV-infected adolescents: report of 2 cases in the HAART eraPaola Zangari
DPUO, University Department of Pediatrics, Children s Hospital Bambino Gesu, Rome, Italy
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 35:e134-7. 2013..We herein report 2 cases of relapsed/progressive Burkitt lymphoma in HIV vertically infected adolescents...
- The PEDVAC trial: preliminary data from the first therapeutic DNA vaccination in HIV-infected childrenPaolo Palma
Chair of Pediatrics, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Rome, Italy
Vaccine 29:6810-6. 2011..Evaluation of these results is in progress and will provide key information on the status and changes of antigen specific immunity during HIV DNA immunization...
- Burkitt's lymphoma mimicking EBV disease as first sign of vertical HIV infection in an adolescentVeronica Santilli
DPUO, University Department of Pediatrics Children s Hospital Bambino Gesù, Rome, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 36:34. 2010..We report the case of a 17 year-old boy with two week history of fever and enlarged cervical lymph nodes firstly misdiagnosed as EBV infection, subsequently diagnosed as Burkitt's Lymphoma and vertical HIV infection...
- Serum soluble ST2 as diagnostic marker of systemic inflammatory reactive syndrome of bacterial etiology in childrenFrancesca Ippolita Calò Carducci
From the Immunological and Infectious Disease Unit, University Department of Pediatrics, Bambino Gesù Children s Hospital General Pediatrics and Infectious Disease Unit, Department of Pediatrics, Bambino Gesù Children s Hospital Department of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, Bambino Gesù Children s Hospital Department of Internal Medicine, University of Tor Vergata and Clinical Trial Unit, University Department of Pediatrics, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
Pediatr Infect Dis J 33:199-203. 2014..In the quest of new biochemical markers to distinguish bacterial from viral infection, we have explored the possible role of the soluble secreted form of ST2 (sST2)...
- Soluble ligands for the NKG2D receptor are released during HIV-1 infection and impair NKG2D expression and cytotoxicity of NK cellsGiulia Matusali
Laboratory of Immunoinfectivology, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Istituto di Ricovero e Cura a Carattere Scientifico, Rome, Italy
FASEB J 27:2440-50. 2013..Thus, NKG2D detuning by sNKG2DLs may promote HIV-1 immune evasion and compromise host resistance to opportunistic infections, but HAART and MMPI have the potential to avoid such immune dysfunction...
- Paediatric HIV infection in Western Africa: the long way to the standard of careHyppolite K Tchidjou
University Department of Pediatrics DPUO, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, Rome, Italy
J Trop Pediatr 58:451-6. 2012....
- The use of actigraphy in the monitoring of sleep and activity in ADHD: A meta-analysisFranco De Crescenzo
Clinical Trial Unit, University Department of Pediatrics, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Piazza Sant Onofrio 4, 00100, Rome, Italy Department of Neuroscience, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Piazza Sant Onofrio 4, 00100, Rome, Italy Electronic address
Sleep Med Rev 26:9-20. 2016..This study highlights the role of actigraphy as an objective tool for the ambulatory monitoring of sleep and activity in ADHD. ..
- Epidemiology and clinical outcomes of multidrug-resistant, gram-negative bloodstream infections in a European tertiary pediatric hospital during a 12-month periodLaura Folgori
From the Department of Pediatrics DPUO, University of Rome Tor Vergata Unit of Microbiology, Laboratory Department, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Rome, Italy Paediatric Infectious Disease Research Group, Division of Clinical Sciences, St George s University of London, London, United Kingdom Medical Direction, Bambino Gesu Children s Hospital, IRCCS, Rome and Clinical Microbiology Laboratory, IRCCS Arcispedale Santa Maria Nuova, Reggio Emilia, Italy
Pediatr Infect Dis J 33:929-32. 2014..The objective of our study was to assess the epidemiology and clinical outcome of MDRGN sepsis in a tertiary-care pediatric hospital during a 12-month period...