Affiliation: Politecnico di Milano
- Fluorescence lifetime imaging of experimental tumors in hematoporphyrin derivative-sensitized miceR Cubeddu
Dipartimento di Fisica, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Photochem Photobiol 66:229-36. 1997..The outcomes obtained with two techniques are in good agreement...
- Fluorescence imaging during photodynamic therapy of experimental tumors in mice sensitized with disulfonated aluminum phthalocyanineR Cubeddu
INFM Dipartimento di Fisica and CEQSE CNR, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Photochem Photobiol 72:690-5. 2000..This ratio increases monotonically during the PDT, showing a different behavior with the two excitation wavelengths. This indicates that the AlS2Pc absorption spectrum shifts toward shorter wavelengths as a result of the irradiation...
- From neurovascular coupling to neurovascular cascade: a study on neural, autonomic and vascular transients in attentionV Bari
Dipartimento di Bioingegneria, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, I 20133 Milan, Italy
Physiol Meas 33:1379-97. 2012..Globally, the task elicited a cascade of responses, in which delays can be quantified...
- Study of porphyrin fluorescence in tissue samples of tumour-bearing miceR Cubeddu
CEQSE CNR, Dipartimento di Fisica, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
J Photochem Photobiol B 29:171-8. 1995..Nevertheless, the images show that porphyrins localize with different concentrations in all the examined tissues except the brain. Moreover, an appreciable long-living endogenous emission was observed in the bone...
- Absorption spectrum of hematoporphyrin derivative in vivo in a murine tumor modelR Cubeddu
C E Q S E C N R, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Photochem Photobiol 60:582-5. 1994..Maximum absorption was measured at 620-625 nm. Similar spectral behavior was obtained for HpD in solution in the presence of low-density lipoproteins...
- Time-gated fluorescence imaging for the diagnosis of tumors in a murine modelR Cubeddu
C E Q S E C N R, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza L da Vinci, Milan, Italy
Photochem Photobiol 57:480-5. 1993..In this optimum condition, the tumor region could be identified even after the injection of 5 mg/kg HpD. A better fluorescence contrast was always obtained in 15 ns-delayed images with respect to synchronous ones...
- Effects of photodynamic therapy on the absorption properties of disulphonated aluminum phthalocyanine in tumor-bearing miceR Cubeddu
INFM Dipartimento di Fisica and CEQSE CNR, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133, Milan, Italy
J Photochem Photobiol B 60:73-8. 2001..The irradiation causes a blue-shift of the measured line shape, more or less marked depending on the experimental conditions. A reduction in absorption is also often observed upon illumination with therapeutic light doses...
- Effects of the menstrual cycle on the red and near-infrared optical properties of the human breastR Cubeddu
INFM Dipartimento di Fisica, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
Photochem Photobiol 72:383-91. 2000..Significant changes in the estimated variables were observed with measurement geometry, reflecting the heterogeneous nature of the breast, and with time, in agreement with expected physiological changes over the menstrual cycle...
- Nondestructive quantification of chemical and physical properties of fruits by time-resolved reflectance spectroscopy in the wavelength range 650-1000 nmR Cubeddu
Istituto Nazionale per la Fisica della Materia, Dipartimento di Fisica and Centro di Elettronica Quantistica e Strumentazione Elettronica, Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, I 20133 Milan, Italy
Appl Opt 40:538-43. 2001..A best fit to water and chlorophyll absorption line shapes and to Mie theory permitted the estimation of water and chlorophyll content and the average size of scattering centers in the bulk of intact fruits...
- Bandpass effects in time-resolved diffuse spectroscopyA Farina
IIT, CNR INFM and CNR IFN, Dipartimento di Fisica, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133 Milano, Italy
Appl Spectrosc 63:48-56. 2009..Measurements on a lipid sample show a reduction of the error from 30% to 6%...
- Compact tissue oximeter based on dual-wavelength multichannel time-resolved reflectanceR Cubeddu
Dipartimento di Fisica, Centro di Elettronica Quantistica e Strumentazione Elettronica del Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche and Instituto Nazionale per la Fisica della Materia, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, I 20133 Milan, Italy
Appl Opt 38:3670-80. 1999..Preliminary in vivo tissue-oxygenation measurements were performed on healthy volunteers under different physiological conditions with a minimum acquisition time of 100 ms and an injected power of less than 100 microW...
- Time-resolved optical spectroscopy of woodC D'andrea
CNR INFM and CNR IFN, Dipartimento di Fisica, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, 20133 Milano, Italy
Appl Spectrosc 62:569-74. 2008..In all the cases, alterations of absorption and scattering spectra were observed, revealing changes of chemical and structural composition...
- In vivo optical characterization of human tissues from 610 to 1010 nm by time-resolved reflectance spectroscopyA Torricelli
INFM-Dipartimento di Fisica and CEQSE-CNR, Politecnico di Milano, Milan, Italy
Phys Med Biol 46:2227-37. 2001..The interpretation of transport scattering spectra with Mie theory provided information on tissue structure...
- Study of neurovascular and autonomic response in a divided attention test by means of EEG, ECG and NIRS signalsV Bari
Deptof Bioengineering, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza L da Vinci 32, 20133Milan, Italy
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2011:1403-6. 2011..Results showed the presence of a cascade of responses and a strong influence by the block task on each signal, representative of the neurovascular coupling elicited by the cognitive cerebral activation...
- Do shorter wavelengths improve contrast in optical mammography?P Taroni
INFM Dipartimento di Fisica and IFN CNR, Politecnico di Milano, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, I 20133 Milan, Italy
Phys Med Biol 49:1203-15. 2004..5 cm diameter). For cysts either a progressive increase or decrease in contrast with wavelength was observed in scattering images...
- Multi-wavelength time domain optical mammographyP Taroni
CNR INFM and CNR IFN, Politecnico di Milano Dipartimento di Fisica, Piazza Leonardo da Vinci 32, I 20133 Milan, Italy
Technol Cancer Res Treat 4:527-38. 2005..Moreover, the new wavelengths contribute to the qualitatively identify tissue composition from intensity images, and could assist lesion detection...
- Determination of visible near-IR absorption coefficients of mammalian fat using time- and spatially resolved diffuse reflectance and transmission spectroscopyR L P van Veen
Erasmus Medical Center Rotterdam, Center for Optical Diagnostics and Therapy, Department of Radiation Oncology, Westzeedijk 118, 3008 CA, The Netherlands
J Biomed Opt 10:054004. 2005..Using these three independent measurement techniques, we have determined an accurate estimate for the absorption spectrum of mammalian fat...