Affiliation: Politecnico di Torino
- The role of central vision in posture: Postural sway adaptations in Stargardt patientsValentina Agostini
Dipartimento di Elettronica e Telecomunicazioni, Politecnico di Torino, Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24, 10129 Torino, Italy Electronic address
Gait Posture 43:233-8. 2016..This finding supports the plausibility of the "functional sensitivity hypothesis", that assigns complementary roles to central and peripheral vision in the control of posture. ..
- Does texting while walking really affect gait in young adults?Valentina Agostini
Dipartimento di Elettronica e Telecomunicazioni, Politecnico di Torino, Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24, 10129, Torino, Italy
J Neuroeng Rehabil 12:86. 2015..We hypothesized that texting while walking increases co-contractions of ankle antagonist muscles when the body weight is transferred from one lower limb to the other, to improve the distal motor control and joint stabilization...
- Multiple gait patterns within the same Winters class in children with hemiplegic cerebral palsyValentina Agostini
Dipartimento di Elettronica e Telecomunicazioni, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy Electronic address
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 30:908-14. 2015....
- Instrumented gait analysis for an objective pre-/postassessment of tap test in normal pressure hydrocephalusValentina Agostini
Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy Electronic address
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 96:1235-41. 2015..To present an objective method to evaluate gait improvements after a tap test in idiopathic normal pressure hydrocephalus (INPH)...
- Self-reported gait unsteadiness in mildly impaired neurological patients: an objective assessment through statistical gait analysisMaria Grazia Benedetti
Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Unit, Istituto Ortopedico Rizzoli, Bologna, Italy
J Neuroeng Rehabil 9:64. 2012..However, in the literature there are only a few papers that address this disorder. The aim of this study is to identify objectively subclinical abnormal gait strategies in these patients...
- Postural sway in volleyball playersValentina Agostini
Dipartimento di Elettronica e Telecomunicazioni, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy
Hum Mov Sci 32:445-56. 2013..Our results confirmed these hypothesis. The protocol presented might be useful to assess the efficacy of intensive sport training programs and/or to select elite players with an aptitude for a specific playing position...
- Motion artifact reduction in breast dynamic infrared imagingValentina Agostini
Department of Electronics, Politecnico di Torino, Torino 10129, Italy
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 56:903-6. 2009....
- Postural control after traumatic brain injury in patients with neuro-ophthalmic deficitsValentina Agostini
Dipartimento di Elettronica, Politecnico di Torino, Corso Duca degli Abruzzi 24, 10129, Torino, Italy
Gait Posture 34:248-53. 2011..Moreover, by means of a multivariate analysis we were able to discriminate different levels of residual neuro-ophthalmic impairment...
- An algorithm for the estimation of the signal-to-noise ratio in surface myoelectric signals generated during cyclic movementsValentina Agostini
Dipartimento di Elettronica, Politecnico di Torino, 10129 Torino, Italy
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 59:219-25. 2012..The algorithm is validated on synthetic signals with statistical properties similar to those of SMES, as well as on more than 100 real signals...
- Noise estimation in infrared image sequences: a tool for the quantitative evaluation of the effectiveness of registration algorithmsValentina Agostini
Department of Electronics, Politecnicodi Torino, Torino 10129, Italy
IEEE Trans Biomed Eng 55:1917-20. 2008..As an example of evaluation of a registration algorithm, we report the evaluation of the SNR improvement obtained by applying a nonrigid piecewise linear algorithm...
- Evaluation of different marker sets for motion artifact reduction in breast dynamic infrared imagingValentina Agostini
Dipartimento di Elettronica, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 2007:3377-9. 2007....
- Evaluation of feature-based registration in dynamic infrared imaging for breast cancer diagnosisValentina Agostini
Dipartimento di Elettronica, Politecnico di Torino, Turin, Italy
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 1:953-6. 2006..Results show that subject movement of up to five pixels is compensated, obtaining a subpixel error correction...
- Fuzzy Classifier based on Muscle Fatigue ParametersValentina Agostini
Politecnico di Torino, Torino, 10129, Italy E mail
Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc 3:2421-4. 2005..We believe that these results are relevant to the clinical applications and they can be easily extended to different pathologies...
- Gait parameters and muscle activation patterns at 3, 6 and 12 months after total hip arthroplastyValentina Agostini
Department of Electronics and Telecommunications, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy
J Arthroplasty 29:1265-72. 2014..Although the gait velocity and the knee range of motion improved from 3 to 6 months post-surgery, the above mentioned parameters did not improve from 6 to 12 months. THA patients failed to obtain normal gait one year after surgery...
- Circular components in center of pressure signalsValentina Agostini
Dept of Electronics and Telecommunications, Politecnico di Torino, Torino, Italy
Motor Control 17:355-69. 2013..We demonstrated the presence of rotational components in the COP signal of healthy subjects, providing a reference data set of the spectral characteristics of these components. ..
- Simulation of Lamb wave propagation for the characterization of complex structuresValentina Agostini
INFM Dip Di Fisica, Politecnico di Torino, Torino 1 10129, Italy
IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control 50:441-8. 2003..Due to the inherent discontinuities, a wealth of propagation mechanisms are observed, which can be exploited for the purpose of quantitative nondestructive evaluation (NDE)...