- Role of dynamic sentinel node biopsy in penile cancer: our experienceS Perdona
Department of Urology, IRCCS, National Cancer Institute, G Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
J Surg Oncol 93:181-5. 2006..We report our initial experience with a relatively new technique, the so-called "dynamic sentinel node biopsy", in patients with penile cancer...
- Renal cell carcinoma with solitary toe metastasisSisto Perdonà
Department of Urology, National Cancer Institute, I R C C S Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Int J Urol 12:401-4. 2005..Thus, metastatic RCC should be included in the differential diagnosis of all enlarging cutaneous nodules, wherever they develop...
- Efficacy of tamoxifen and radiotherapy for prevention and treatment of gynaecomastia and breast pain caused by bicalutamide in prostate cancer: a randomised controlled trialSisto Perdonà
Department of Urology, National Tumour Institute, G Pascale Foundation IRCSS, Naples, Italy
Lancet Oncol 6:295-300. 2005..We aimed to compare tamoxifen with radiotherapy for prevention and treatment of gynaecomastia, breast pain, or both during bicalutamide monotherapy for prostate cancer...
- Paclitaxel in pretreated metastatic penile cancer: final results of a phase 2 studyGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Genitourinary Oncology and Rare Cancer Center, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Eur Urol 60:1280-4. 2011..Previously published preliminary findings showed promising activity of paclitaxel in chemotherapy-pretreated metastatic penile cancer...
- Cisplatin and 5-fluorouracil in inoperable, stage IV squamous cell carcinoma of the penisGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Genitourinary Cancer Section and Rare Cancer Center, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
BJU Int 110:E661-6. 2012..Neutropenia was the most important grade 3-4 side effect observed, occurring in 20% of patients. These data provide confirmation that such a combination regimen is moderately effective and well tolerated in patients with SCCP...
- Dynamic sentinel node biopsy in clinically node-negative penile cancer versus radical inguinal lymphadenectomy: a comparative studySisto Perdonà
Department of Urology, National Cancer Institute, Naples, Italy
Urology 66:1282-6. 2005..To evaluate the reliability and morbidity of dynamic sentinel node biopsy compared with radical inguinal lymphadenectomy (RIL) in the treatment of selected patients with squamous cell penile carcinoma...
- Phase II trial of cisplatin plus prednisone in docetaxel-refractory castration-resistant prostate cancer patientsCarlo Buonerba
Department of Endocrinology and Medical Oncology, Genitourinary Cancer Section, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 67:1455-61. 2011..Docetaxel represents the first-line treatment for castration-resistant prostate cancer (CRPC). New therapeutic options are needed for subsequent lines of therapy in CRPC patients...
- Prostate Health Index (Phi) and Prostate Cancer Antigen 3 (PCA3) significantly improve prostate cancer detection at initial biopsy in a total PSA range of 2-10 ng/mlMatteo Ferro
Urology Unit, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
PLoS ONE 8:e67687. 2013..001 and p = 0.01, respectively). In conclusion, both phi and PCA3 comparably increase the accuracy in predicting the presence of PCa in total PSA range 2-10 ng/ml at initial biopsy, outperforming currently used %fPSA. ..
- Combined magnetic resonance spectroscopy and dynamic contrast-enhanced imaging for prostate cancer detectionSisto Perdonà
Urology Section, Istituto Nazionale Tumori, Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Urol Oncol 31:761-5. 2013..The use of magnetic resonance spectroscopy imaging (MRSI) and dynamic contrast enhanced magnetic resonance imaging (DCE-MRI) have emerged as a valid diagnostic tools for prostate cancer (CaP)...
- Tumour biomarkers: homeostasis as a novel prognostic indicatorMichela Falco
Struttura Semplice Dipartimentale Sperimentazione Animale, Istituto Nazionale Tumori Fondazione G Pascale, IRCCS, Via Mariano Semmola, 80131 Naples, Italy
Open Biol 6:. 2016....
- The emerging role of obesity, diet and lipid metabolism in prostate cancerMatteo Ferro
Department of Urology, European Institute of Oncology IEO, Milan, Italy
Future Oncol . 2016..This review explores the available clinical as well as biological evidence supporting the relationship between obesity, diet, alteration in metabolic pathways and prostate cancer...
- Predicting prostate biopsy outcome: prostate health index (phi) and prostate cancer antigen 3 (PCA3) are useful biomarkersMatteo Ferro
Department of Urology, University of Naples Federico II, Naples, Italy
Clin Chim Acta 413:1274-8. 2012..In conclusion, %p2PSA, phi and PCA3 may predict a diagnosis of PCa in men undergoing their first prostate biopsy. PCA3 score is more useful in discriminating between HGPIN and non-cancer...
- Vesicourethral anastomosis during radical retropubic prostatectomy: does the number of sutures matter?Luigi Gallo
Department of Urology, National Cancer Institute Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
Urology 69:547-51. 2007..To prospectively evaluate the outcome of radical retropubic prostatectomy using three different techniques of vesicourethral anastomosis (VUA), with a different number of sutures used during this surgical step...
- Combination of bevacizumab and docetaxel in docetaxel-pretreated hormone-refractory prostate cancer: a phase 2 studyGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Department of Clinical and Molecular Oncology, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Eur Urol 54:1089-94. 2008..No agents are approved for second-line therapy in HRPC, but common standard practice for the oncologists is to treat patients also after docetaxel failure...
- Quality of life in women with multiple sclerosis and overactive bladder syndromeGiuseppe Quarto
Division of Urology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
Int Urogynecol J Pelvic Floor Dysfunct 18:189-94. 2007..In conclusion, OAB symptoms have a major impact on the QoL in patients with MS, even if their perception of QoL impairment remains limited. Optimal management in these subjects should include a complete UDS assessment...
- Low serum total testosterone level as a predictor of upstaging and upgrading in low-risk prostate cancer patients meeting the inclusion criteria for active surveillanceMatteo Ferro
Department of Urology, European Institute of Oncology, Via Ripamonti, Milan, Italy
Oncotarget . 2016....
- Bladder-sparing, combined-modality approach for muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a multi-institutional, long-term experienceSisto Perdonà
Comprehensive Urology Unit, National Tumor Institute, G Pascale Foundation, Naples, Italy
Cancer 112:75-83. 2008..The authors evaluated their long-term experience with combined-modality, conservative treatment in patients with muscle-invasive bladder cancer...
- Gyrus bipolar versus standard monopolar transurethral resection of the prostate: a randomized prospective trialMarco De Sio
Department of Urology, Seconda Universita di Napoli, Naples, Italy
Urology 67:69-72. 2006..To compare bipolar plasmakinetic (PK) with standard monopolar transurethral resection of the prostate (TURP)...
- Mouse Models in Prostate Cancer Translational Research: From Xenograft to PDXDomenica Rea
Animal Facility Unit, Department of Experimental Oncology, Istituto Nazionale per lo Studio e la Cura dei Tumori Fondazione G Pascale, IRCCS, 80131 Naples, Italy
Biomed Res Int 2016:9750795. 2016..Today the development of preclinical models in vitro and in vivo is necessary in order to obtain increasingly reliable answers before reaching phase III of the drug discovery. ..
- Urotensin II receptor determines prognosis of bladder cancer regulating cell motility/invasionRenato Franco
Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and General Pathology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy
J Exp Clin Cancer Res 33:48. 2014..The aim of this study is to evaluate if UTR expression can discriminate between NMIBC and MIBC and predict the risk of relapses in NMIBCs...
- Chondroitin sulphate enhances the antitumor activity of gemcitabine and mitomycin-C in bladder cancer cells with different mechanismsMatteo Ferro
Department of Urology, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Oncol Rep 27:409-15. 2012..In conclusion, in the human bladder cancer cell line HT-1376 pharmacological combination of CS with GEM or MMC resulted in a strong synergism on cell growth inhibition...
- Activity and toxicity of paclitaxel in pretreated metastatic penile cancer patientsGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Anticancer Drugs 20:277-80. 2009..Paclitaxel is well tolerated and associated with promising efficacy. Further trials, also in a neoadjuvant setting, are needed to corroborate our preliminary findings...
- Gemcitabine versus bacille Calmette-Guérin after initial bacille Calmette-Guérin failure in non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer: a multicenter prospective randomized trialGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Department of Molecular and Clinical Endocrinology and Oncology, Federico II University, Naples, Italy
Cancer 116:1893-900. 2010..The efficacy of intravesical gemcitabine was evaluated compared with repeated administration of bacille Calmette-Guérin (BCG) after BCG failure in high-risk, non-muscle-invasive bladder cancer (BC)...
- Modified Glasgow Prognostic Score is Associated With Risk of Recurrence in Bladder Cancer Patients After Radical Cystectomy: A Multicenter ExperienceMatteo Ferro
From the Division of Urology, European Institute of Oncology, Milan, Italy MF, OD, DB, AC, DVM, GM, AB Department of Urology, Iuliu Hatieganu University of Medicine and Pharmacy, Cluj Napoca, Romania OD Genitourinary Cancer Section, Medical Oncology Division, University Federico II, Napoli, Italy CB, GD, SD Division of Urology, University Federico II, Naples, Italy MC, VM Department of Public Health, University Federico II, Naples, Italy DB Urology Institute, University Hospitals, Cleveland, OH, USA RA Department of Biochemistry, Biophysics and General Pathology, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy MC Department of Urology, University of Bologna, S Orsola Malpighi Hospital, Bologna, Italy MB Division of Urology, University La Sapienza, Rome, Italy ED
Medicine (Baltimore) 94:e1861. 2015..In conclusion, the mGPS is an easily measured and inexpensive prognostic marker that was significantly associated with RFS in UBC patients...
- Prostate health index vs percent free prostate-specific antigen for prostate cancer detection in men with "gray" prostate-specific antigen levels at first biopsy: systematic review and meta-analysisDario Bruzzese
Department of Public Health, University Federico II, Naples, Italy
Transl Res 164:444-51. 2014..81 (95% CI, 2.19-3.6; P < 0.0001). In conclusion, PHI instead of %fPSA as a reflex test in men with tPSA "gray" levels is a better predictor of positive first biopsy and can offer a reduction in unnecessary biopsies...
- Long non-coding RNA containing ultraconserved genomic region 8 promotes bladder cancer tumorigenesisMichele Olivieri
Institute of Genetics and Biophysics A Buzzati Traverso, National Research Council CNR, Naples, Italy
Oncotarget 7:20636-54. 2016....
- Pazopanib in Metastatic Renal Cancer: A "Real-World" Experience at National Cancer Institute "Fondazione G. Pascale"Sabrina C Cecere
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Uro Gynaecological Oncology, Istituto Nazionale Tumori IRCCS Fondazione G Pascale, Naples, Italy
Front Pharmacol 7:287. 2016....
- High levels of GPR30 protein in human testicular carcinoma in situ and seminomas correlate with low levels of estrogen receptor-beta and indicate a switch in estrogen responsivenessFrancesca Boscia
Dipartimento di Neuroscienze e Scienze Riproduttive ed Odontostomatologiche, Universita di Napoli Federico II, Naples, Italy
J Cell Physiol 230:1290-7. 2015....
- Management of gynaecomastia in patients with prostate cancer: a systematic reviewGiuseppe Di Lorenzo
Department of Endocrinology and Molecular and Clinical Oncology, Second University Naples, Naples, Italy
Lancet Oncol 6:972-9. 2005..In this review, management options for gynaecomastia caused by hormonal manipulation in patients with prostate cancer are discussed...
- The role of short frenulum and the effects of frenulectomy on premature ejaculationLuigi Gallo
Studio Urologico Gallo, Department of Andrology, Naples, Italy
J Sex Med 7:1269-76. 2010..The role of short frenulum and the effects of frenulectomy on premature ejaculation (PE) were never investigated...
- Efficacy of IDIProst® Gold, a formulation containing Serenoa repens, Crocus sativus and PMBE, in men with concomitant LUTS and EDGiuseppe Quarto
U O di Urologia I N T Fondazione Pascale di Napoli, Naples, Italy
Minerva Urol Nefrol . 2016....
- Axitinib after Sunitinib in Metastatic Renal Cancer: Preliminary Results from Italian "Real-World" SAX StudyCarmine D'Aniello
Oncology Unit, A O R N dei COLLI Ospedali Monaldi Cotugno CTO, Naples, Italy
Front Pharmacol 7:331. 2016..7 months (95% CI 18.4-51.0 months). Our results are consistent with the available literature; this retrospective analysis confirms that Axitinib is effective and safe in routine clinical practice...
- The stress hormone norepinephrine increases migration of prostate cancer cells in vitro and in vivoAntonio Barbieri
Animal Facility Unit, National Institute of Tumours of Naples Pascale, Naples, Italy
Int J Oncol 47:527-34. 2015....
- Current applications of near-infrared fluorescence imaging in robotic urologic surgery: a systematic review and critical analysis of the literatureRiccardo Autorino
Department of Urology, Glickman Urological and Kidney Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH Urology Unit, Second University of Naples, Naples, Italy Electronic address
Urology 84:751-9. 2014..Whether the added cost is justified by better outcomes remains to be determined. ..
- The use of tamsulosin in the medical treatment of ureteral calculi: where do we stand?Riccardo Autorino
Department of Urology, Second University, Naples, Italy
Urol Res 33:460-4. 2005..This selective alpha-blocker should therefore be included in the pharmacological regimen of patients when a conservative approach is considered in the treatment of ureteral lithiasis...