Affiliation: Ospedale Maggiore
- High rate of positive anti-tissue transglutaminase antibodies in chronic liver disease. Role of liver decompensation and of the antigen sourceM Vecchi
Gastroenterology Unit, Dept of Internal Medicine and Liver Unit, IRCCS Policlinico Hospital and University of Milan, Italy
Scand J Gastroenterol 38:50-4. 2003..The aim of the study was to compare the behaviour of anti-tTG and anti-endomysium antibodies assays in coeliacs and in patients with chronic liver disease...
- Review article: diagnosis, monitoring and treatment of distal colitisM Vecchi
Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Service, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital and University of Milan, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 17:2-6. 2003..Preliminary data suggest that the achievement of endoscopic and histologic remission after an acute flare of the disease might be associated with a prolonged remission...
- Diagnostic role and clinical correlates of anti-Saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies (ASCA) and anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibodies (p-ANCA) in Italian patients with inflammatory bowel diseasesS Saibeni
Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Service, IRCCS Policlinico Hospital, University of Milan, Via Pace 9, Milan 20122, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 35:862-8. 2003....
- Oral versus combination mesalazine therapy in active ulcerative colitis: a double-blind, double-dummy, randomized multicentre studyM Vecchi
Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Service, Department of Internal Medicine, IRCCS Ospedale Policlinico, Milan, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:251-6. 2001..Oral and topical mesalazine formulations are effective in active ulcerative colitis, but little is known on the efficacy of combined treatment...
- Antibodies to tissue-type plasminogen activator (t-PA) in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: high prevalence, interactions with functional domains of t-PA and possible implications in thrombosisS Saibeni
Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Service, IRCCS Fondazione Ospedale Policlinico, Mangiagalli and Regina Elena, University of Milan, Via Pace 9, 20122 Milan, Italy
J Thromb Haemost 4:1510-6. 2006..The pathogenetic mechanisms of these events include reduced fibrinolysis, which may be caused by antibodies to tissue-type plasminogen activator (t-PA)...
- Val34Leu factor XIII polymorphism in Italian patients with inflammatory bowel diseaseS Saibeni
Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Service, IRCCS Maggiore Hospital, University of Milan, Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 35:32-6. 2003....
- Unsuspected ileal stenosis causing obscure GI bleeding in patients with previous abdominal surgery--diagnosis by capsule endoscopy: a report of two casesR de Franchis
Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Service, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, IRCCS Maggiore Policlinico Hospital, Via Pace 9, 20122 Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 35:577-84. 2003..Capsule endoscopy may clarify the diagnosis and shorten the diagnostic work-up. However, these patients should be warned that capsule retention requiring surgery might occur...
- Technical performance of colonoscopy: the key role of sedation/analgesia and other quality indicatorsFranco Radaelli
Department of Gastroenterology, Valduce Hospital, Como, Italy
Am J Gastroenterol 103:1122-30. 2008..It is essential to identify the factors in clinical practice that influence the technical performance of colonoscopy as a basis for quality improvement programs...
- The use of thiopurines for the treatment of inflammatory bowel diseases in clinical practiceS Saibeni
IRCCS Policlinico Hospital, Mangiagalli and Regina Elena Foundation Milan, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 40:814-20. 2008..Thiopurines are the most commonly used immunomodulatory drugs in inflammatory bowel diseases...
- Variants of OCTN1-2 cation transporter genes are associated with both Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitisO Palmieri
Divisione di Gastroenterologia, Ospedale CSS IRCCS, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 23:497-506. 2006..Two variants in the organic cation transporter gene cluster have been recently reported to confer susceptibility to Crohn's disease (CD)...
- Appropriateness of immunosuppressive drugs in inflammatory bowel diseases assessed by RAND method: Italian Group for IBD (IG-IBD) position statementR Caprilli
Promoter Centre, GI Unit, Department of Clinical Science, University of Rome La Sapienza, Viale del Policlinico 155, 00161 Rome, Italy
Dig Liver Dis 37:407-17. 2005..Despite the explosion of biological therapies, the old immunosuppressants continue to play a pivotal role in the management of inflammatory bowel diseases...
- Linkage of ulcerative colitis to the pericentromeric region of chromosome 16 in Italian inflammatory bowel disease families is independent of the presence of common CARD15 mutationsV Annese
J Med Genet 40:837-41. 2003
- Activated platelets are the source of elevated levels of soluble CD40 ligand in the circulation of inflammatory bowel disease patientsS Danese
Division of Gastroenterology, University Hospitals of Cleveland, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine Cleveland, Ohio 44106 4952, USA
Gut 52:1435-41. 2003..The CD40/CD40L system, a key regulator and amplifier of immune reactivity, is activated in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) mucosa...
- Reduced free protein S levels in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: prevalence, clinical relevance, and role of anti-protein S antibodiesS Saibeni
Angelo Bianchi Bonomi Haemophilia and Thrombosis Center, IRCCS Ospedale Maggiore, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Milan, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 46:637-43. 2001..The prevalence of anti-protein S and antiphospholipid antibodies is increased in IBD patients. Anti-protein S antibodies do not appear to determine low protein S levels or to overlap with or belong to anti-phospholipid antibodies...
- Oral, colonic-release low-molecular-weight heparin: an initial open study of Parnaparin-MMX for the treatment of mild-to-moderate left-sided ulcerative colitisL Pastorelli
Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit, IRCCS Policlinico San Donato, San Donato Milanese, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 28:581-8. 2008..The multimatrix oral formulation MMX releases active drugs in the colon, avoiding systemic absorption. Parnaparin sodium is the LMWH chosen to be carried in the MMX formulation...