- Nutritional status in hospitalized elderly patients with mild cognitive impairmentGiuseppe Orsitto
Geriatric Unit, Ospedale Paradiso, Azienda Sanitaria Locale Bari, Gioia del Colle BA, Italy
Clin Nutr 28:100-2. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the prevalence of malnutrition in older patients with mild cognitive impairment...
- Relation of secondhand smoking to mild cognitive impairment in older inpatientsGiuseppe Orsitto
Geriatric Unit, Paradiso Hospital, Azienda Sanitaria Locale Bari, 70023 Gioia del Colle, Italy
ScientificWorldJournal 2012:726948. 2012..A smoking history is very frequent in older patients with dementia. Patients with MCI had even higher rate of exposure to active or secondhand smoking...
- Different components of nutritional status in older inpatients with cognitive impairmentG Orsitto
Geriatric Unit, Paradiso Hospital, Gioia del Colle BA, Azienda Sanitaria Locale Bari, Italy
J Nutr Health Aging 16:468-71. 2012..To evaluate different components of nutritional status in older patients with cognitive deficit, particularly in those with mild cognitive impairment (MCI)...
- Geriatric assessment of a giant splenic artery aneurysm accidentally diagnosedGiuseppe Orsitto
Geriatric Unit, Ospedale Paradiso, Azienda Sanitaria Locale Bari, Gioia del Colle, Bari, 70023, Italy
Aging Clin Exp Res 23:491-4. 2011..She successfully underwent aneurysmectomy, highlighting the usefulness of CGA in elective surgical patients...
- Apolipoprotein E genotypes in hospitalized elderly patients with vascular dementiaGiuseppe Orsitto
Geriatric Unit, Medical Sciences Department, IRCCS Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza, San Giovanni Rotondo, Italy
Dement Geriatr Cogn Disord 23:327-33. 2007..However, it is still unclear if a relationship exists between the APOE epsilon4 allele and vascular dementia (VaD) in elderly subjects...