Affiliation: Neurobiology of Aging Laboratory
- The Possible Role of Flavonoids in the Prevention of Diabetic ComplicationsRoberto Testa
Experimental models in Clinical Pathology, INRCA IRCCS National Institute, Ancona I 60127, Italy
Nutrients 8:. 2016..In this review, we seek to highlight the most recent papers focusing on the relationship between flavonoids and main diabetic complications. ..
- In the light of the metabolic memory theory, should not all aged people with dysglycemia be treated?Roberto Testa
Metabolic and Nutrition Research Centre on Diabetes, INRCA IRCCS, Ancona, Italy
Rejuvenation Res 13:599-605. 2010..This new evidence could allow us to hypothesize that a treatment of dysglycemia in aged people could remodel their glucose "trajectory" during aging toward a more optimal one, leading to successful aging...
- The Pro/Pro genotype of the p53 codon 72 polymorphism modulates PAI-1 plasma levels in ageingRoberto Testa
Department of Gerontological Research, Diabetology Unit, INRCA IRCCS, Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy
Mech Ageing Dev 130:497-500. 2009..In particular, our results indicate that Pro/Pro genotype plays a pivotal role in determining PAI-1 levels in aged subjects, while in Arg carriers PAI-1 levels are associated to the known insulin related determinants...
- C-reactive protein is directly related to plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 (PAI-1) levels in diabetic subjects with the 4G allele at position -675 of the PAI-1 geneR Testa
Department of Gerontological Research, Diabetology Unit, INRCA Hospital, Via della Montagnola 81, I 60131 Ancona, Italy
Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis 18:220-6. 2008....
- Interleukin-6-174 G > C polymorphism affects the association between IL-6 plasma levels and insulin resistance in type 2 diabetic patientsR Testa
Diabetology Unit, INRCA, Via della Montagnola, 81, I 60131, Ancona, Italy
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 71:299-305. 2006..The identification of two categories of diabetic patients may, therefore, lead to different therapeutic strategies in the management of insulin resistance...
- Effect of 4G/5G PAI-1 polymorphism on the response of PAI-1 activity to vitamin E supplementation in Type 2 diabetic patientsR Testa
INRCA, Italian National Research Center on Aging, Ancona, Italy
Diabetes Nutr Metab 17:217-21. 2004....
- Effect of etanercept on insulin sensitivity in nine patients with psoriasisM Marra
Diabetology Unit, INRCA, Ancona, Italy
Int J Immunopathol Pharmacol 20:731-6. 2007..We conclude that Etanercept, probably acting on inflammation, improves insulin sensitivity in psoriatic subjects...
- Smoking is associated with reduced serum levels of the antioxidant enzyme, paraoxonase, in Type 2 diabetic patientsM Boemi
Diabetology Unit, Istituto Nazionale Ricovero e Cura per Anziani INRCA, Ancona, Italy
Diabet Med 21:423-7. 2004..To analyse the association of smoking with paraoxonase (PON1) in Type 2 diabetic patients...
- Age-dependent changes of serum oxygen radical scavenger capacity and haemoglobin glycosylation in non-insulin-dependent diabetic patientsC Pieri
Center of Cytology, Gerontological Research Department of INRCA N Masera, Ancona, Italy
Gerontology 47:88-92. 2001..Contradictory results have been reported in the literature concerning the correlation between glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA1c) and peroxidation level in serum of diabetic patients...
- Leukocyte telomere length is associated with complications of type 2 diabetes mellitusR Testa
Metabolic and Nutrition Research Centre on Diabetes, INRCA Ancona, Italy
Diabet Med 28:1388-94. 2011..As a consequence, this study aimed to verify whether leukocyte telomere length is associated with the presence and the number of diabetic complications in a sample of patients with Type 2 diabetes...
- Relationship between lipoprotein(a) levels, oxidative stress, and blood pressure levels in patients with essential hypertensionR Antonicelli
National Institute for Gerontological Research, Ancona, Italy
Clin Exp Med 1:145-50. 2001..Apo(a) isoform size did not affect these relationships. Our data suggest that Lp(a) and peroxidative stress may be involved as cofactors in essential hypertension, with a mechanism that remains to be elucidated...
- Telomere/telomerase system impairment in circulating angiogenic cells of geriatric patients with heart failureF Olivieri
Department of Molecular Pathology and Innovative Therapies, Universita Politecnica delle Marche, Ancona, Italy
Int J Cardiol 164:99-105. 2013..However, the underlying mechanisms are only partly unraveled. No data are currently available regarding telomere/telomerase system in CACs of CHF patients...
- Helicobacter pylori masks differences in homocysteine plasma levels between controls and type 2 diabetic patientsS Cenerelli
Institute of Internal Medicine, University of Ancona, INRCA, Via Birarelli 8, I 60121 Ancona, Italy
Eur J Clin Invest 32:158-62. 2002..Starting from these findings we wanted to verify whether differences in homocysteine levels exist between a type 2 diabetic population and a control group, taking into account the presence/absence of Helicobacter pylori...
- Apolipoprotein E polymorphisms and mortality in Italian type 2 diabetic patientsM Boemi
Instituto Nazionale Ricoveroe Cura per Anziani, Ancona, Italy
Eur J Clin Invest 33:296-300. 2003..To determine if apolipoprotein E polymorphism is associated with cardiovascular or all-cause mortality in Italian Type 2 diabetic patients...
- Diabetes-related quality of life is enhanced by glycaemic improvement in older peopleA M Abbatecola
Scientific Direction, Italian National Research Centre on Aging, Ancona, Italy
Diabet Med 32:243-9. 2015..To investigate the validity and reliability of the Audit of Diabetes-Dependent Quality of Life instrument in older Italians with diabetes and to test the association of diabetes-related quality of life with glycaemic control over time...
- The effect of different glucose endovenous administrations on amylin and insulin blood concentration in healthy subjectsI Testa
University of Ancona
Boll Soc Ital Biol Sper 72:103-8. 1996..The highest increases of IAPP concentrations were found when there was a rapid glucose decrease in the blood. These findings suggest a significant role of IAPP in regulating the rapid decreases of glycemia...
- Vitamin E intake reduces plasminogen activator inhibitor type 1 in T2DM patientsA R Bonfigli
Gerontological Research Department, University of Ancona, Italy
Diabetes Nutr Metab 14:71-7. 2001....
- Cytokine gene polymorphisms in recurrent pregnancy loss of unknown causeNorma Prigoshin
Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics Section, Diagnostic Department, Hospital Italiano de Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Am J Reprod Immunol 52:36-41. 2004..Significantly different levels of Th1/Th2 cytokines are produced by normal pregnant women compared with women with RPL of unknown cause...
- Increased levels of gammaGT suggest the presence of bile duct lesions in patients with chronic hepatitis C: absence of influence of HCV genotype, HCV-RNA serum levels, and HGV infection on this histological damageE Giannini
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Italy
Dig Dis Sci 46:524-9. 2001..Viral factors such as HCV genotype and RNA levels as well as HGV-RNA positivity are probably not the main cause of this histological damage...
- +647 A/C and +1245 MT1A polymorphisms in the susceptibility of diabetes mellitus and cardiovascular complicationsR Giacconi
Immunology Center Section Nutrition, Immunity and Ageing, Research Department INRCA, Via Birarelli 8, 60121 Ancona, Italy
Mol Genet Metab 94:98-104. 2008..Moreover, C+ carriers in DCVD patients presented a worse glycemic control, a reduced iZnR and a higher MT levels, suggesting a possible role of MT in diabetic cardiovascular complications...
- Liver iron accumulation in chronic hepatitis C patients without HFE mutations: relationships with histological damage, viral load and genotype and alpha-glutathione S-transferase levelsE Giannini
Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Italy
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 13:1355-61. 2001..Moreover, higher staging is associated with mesenchymal or mixed iron deposition. In these patients, higher alpha-glutathione S-transferase levels seem to reflect more complex damage...
- Impairment of cytochrome P-450-dependent liver activity in cirrhotic patients with Helicobacter pylori infectionE Giannini
Gastroenterology Unit and Postgraduate School of Gastroenterology and Digestive Endoscopy, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Genoa, Italy
Aliment Pharmacol Ther 15:1967-73. 2001..Tumour necrosis factor-alpha does not seem to be the mediator of this impairment. Further studies are needed to evaluate the impact of H. pylori eradication on parameters of liver function...