Affiliation: National Cancer Research Institute
- [Cancer in oil refineries: absence of risk or misclassification?]Valerio Gennaro
Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Largo R Benzi, 10 16132 Genova
Epidemiol Prev 27:173. 2003
- Business bias: how epidemiologic studies may underestimate or fail to detect increased risks of cancer and other diseasesValerio Gennaro
Liguria Regional Operational Center, National Mesothelioma Registry Descriptive Epidemiology and Cancer Registry Epidemiology and Prevention Department, National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
Int J Occup Environ Health 11:356-9. 2005....
- In Italy, healthy life expectancy drop dramatically: from 2004 to 2008 there was a 10 years drop among newborn girlsValerio Gennaro
San Paolo General Hospital, Largo Donatori del Sangue, 00053, Civitavecchia, Italy
Ital J Pediatr 38:19. 2012..Both issues emerge in recent data by EUROSTAT Report...
- Mobile phones and head tumours. The discrepancies in cause-effect relationships in the epidemiological studies - how do they arise?Angelo G Levis
Department of Experimental Biomedical Sciences, Medical School of Padova, Padova, Italy
Environ Health 10:59. 2011....
- [Epidemiology's and epidemiologists' vices and virtues]Valerio Gennaro
Dipartimento epidemiologia e prevenzione, Istituto Nazionale Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova, Italia
Epidemiol Prev 33:49-56. 2009....
- Reanalysis of updated mortality among vinyl and polyvinyl chloride workers: Confirmation of historical evidence and new findingsValerio Gennaro
Epidemiology and Prevention Dept, National Cancer Research Institute IST, Genova, Italy
BMC Public Health 8:21. 2008..Updated cancer mortality among different subgroups of workers employed in a VC-PVC production plant located in Porto Marghera (Italy) was re-analyzed using an internal reference group of workers with low (or null) exposure to VC...
- Incidence of pleural mesothelioma in Liguria Region, Italy (1996-2002)V Gennaro
Liguria Regional Operating Center COR of the National Mesothelioma Registry ReNaM, Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, National Cancer Research Institute, Largo R Benzi 10, 16132 Genova, Italy
Eur J Cancer 41:2709-14. 2005..Asbestos exposure was unlikely or unknown for 57.5% females and 15% males. A major role of environmental asbestos exposure in the etiology of PMM is hypothesised for females and for a minor proportion of males...
- [Reanalysis of mortality in a petrochemical plant producing vinyl chloride and polyvinyl chloride]Valerio Gennaro
Servizio di Epidemiologia Ambientale e Biostatistica, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Largo R Benzi 10, 16132 Genova
Epidemiol Prev 27:221-5. 2003..To study cancer mortality among main subgroups of workers employed in VC/PVC production potentially exposed to toxics and carcinogens...
- Asbestos exposure and cancer mortality among petroleum refinery workers: a Poisson regression analysis of updated dataFabio Montanaro
Epidemiology and Biostatistics, National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
Arch Environ Health 59:188-93. 2004..Results confirm the increased risk of death from respiratory diseases and cancer among maintenance workers exposed to asbestos, whereas other smoking-related diseases (circulatory system) were not statistically different among groups...
- Survival of pleural malignant mesothelioma in Italy: a population-based studyFabio Montanaro
Department of Epidemiology and Prevention, Liguria Mesothelioma Registry, National Cancer Research Institute IST, Genoa, Italy
Int J Cancer 124:201-7. 2009..Age and morphology were the main prognostic factors. Results regarding the effect of treatment were disappointing but may be useful to assess the future impact, at the population level, of recently introduced therapies...
- Pleural mesothelioma incidence in Europe: evidence of some deceleration in the increasing trendsFabio Montanaro
Mesothelioma Registry of Liguria, Unit of Environmental Epidemiology and Applied Biostatistics, National Cancer Research Institute IST, Genova, Italy
Cancer Causes Control 14:791-803. 2003....
- Occupational exposure to carbon black and risk of cancerRiccardo Puntoni
National Cancer Research Institute, Genova, Italy
Cancer Causes Control 15:511-6. 2004..To investigate cancer risk in dockyard workers exposed to carbon black...
- [Health conditions of the general population living near a steel plant]Claudia Casella
SSD Epidemiologia descrittiva, Istituto Nazionale Ricerca sul Cancro, Genova
Epidemiol Prev 29:77-86. 2005..To evaluate the health conditions (period 1986-2003) of the residents in Cornigliano, a district of Genoa (Italy), exposed to air pollution produced by a steel plant with coke-ovens...
- Analysis of latency time and its determinants in asbestos related malignant mesothelioma cases of the Italian registerAlessandro Marinaccio
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Prevention ISPESL, Occupational Medicine Department, Epidemiology Unit, Via Alessandria 220 E, 00198 Rome, Italy
Eur J Cancer 43:2722-8. 2007....
- [Epidemiological surveillance of malignant mesothelioma cases in Italy: incidence and asbestos exposure figures by the Italian mesothelioma registry (ReNaM)]Alessandro Marinaccio
ISPESL, Dipartimento di Medicina del Lavoro, Laboratorio di Epidemiologia, Roma
Epidemiol Prev 31:23-6. 2007....
- [The power of numbers]Valerio Gennaro
Epidemiol Prev 29:133-4. 2005
- Comparison bias and dilution effect in occupational cohort studiesStefano Parodi
Epidemiology and Biostatistics Section, Scientific Directorate, G Gaslini Children s Hospital, Genoa, Italy
Int J Occup Environ Health 13:143-52. 2007..In the two cohorts, higher risks in exposed workers emerged only after adjusting for DE and CB. Cohort studies without an internal referent group may provide unreliable results...
- Methodology for lognormal modelling of malignant pleural mesothelioma survival time distributions: a study of 5580 case histories from Europe and USARichard F Mould
Klinikum Offenbach, Strahlenklinik, 66 Starkenburgring, 63069 Offenbach am Main, Germany
Phys Med Biol 49:3991-4004. 2004..Pleural mesothelioma is a special case when C = 0...
- [Incinerators, public health, financial interests: what some health professionals think]Federico Bartolini
Epidemiol Prev 32:8-11. 2008
- [A criticism to the WHO workshop on waste management and health (Rome, March 2007)]Michelangiolo Bolognini
Epidemiol Prev 32:79-80; discussion 80. 2008