Affiliation: National Cancer Research Institute
- Epirubicin plus low-dose trastuzumab in HER2 positive metastatic breast cancerAlessandra Gennari
National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 115:131-6. 2009..This phase II study, evaluated the activity and cardiotoxicity of first-line epirubicin plus low-dose trastuzumab (LD-T) in patients with HER2 positive MBC...
- New understanding of the role of anthracyclines in early-stage breast cancer: patient selection considerationsAlessandra Gennari
National Cancer Research Institute, Genoa, Italy
Clin Breast Cancer 8:S179-83. 2008....
- HER2 status and efficacy of adjuvant anthracyclines in early breast cancer: a pooled analysis of randomized trialsAlessandra Gennari
National Cancer Research Institute, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10 16132 Genoa, Italy
J Natl Cancer Inst 100:14-20. 2008..We performed a pooled analysis of the interaction between HER2 status and the efficacy of adjuvant anthracyclines based on the published subset data...
- Lack of benefit of maintenance paclitaxel in first-line chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancerAlessandra Gennari
National Cancer Research Institute, Largo Rosanna Benzi, Genoa, Italy
J Clin Oncol 24:3912-8. 2006..This randomized study compared maintenance paclitaxel with control in metastatic breast cancer patients not experiencing progression after first-line anthracycline/paclitaxel combination chemotherapy...
- Duration of chemotherapy for metastatic breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trialsAlessandra Gennari
Galliera Hospital, Genoa, Italy
J Clin Oncol 29:2144-9. 2011..To evaluate the effect of different first-line chemotherapy durations in patients with metastatic breast cancer (MBC) on overall survival (OS) and progression-free survival (PFS)...
- Breast cancer incidence after hormonal treatments for infertility: systematic review and meta-analysis of population-based studiesAlessandra Gennari
S C Oncologia Medica, E O Ospedali Galliera, Via Volta 6, 16128, Genoa, Italy
Breast Cancer Res Treat 150:405-13. 2015..The long-term administration of clomiphene outside the current indications should be discouraged because of a possible increase in BC risk. ..
- Dual effect of metformin on breast cancer proliferation in a randomized presurgical trialBernardo Bonanni
Division of Medical Oncology, E O Ospedali Galliera, Mura delle Cappuccine 14, Genoa, Italy
J Clin Oncol 30:2593-600. 2012..The change in Ki-67 between pretreatment biopsy and post-treatment surgical specimen has prognostic value and may predict antitumor activity in breast cancer...
- Exemestane for breast cancer prevention: a critical shift?Andrea Decensi
Division of Medical Oncology, Office of the Scientific Director, E O Ospedali Galliera, Genoa, Italy
Cancer Discov 2:25-40. 2012..Additional issues for prevention, including the influence of obesity, alternative dosing, and biomarker use in phase III trials, are addressed...
- A case series of low dose bevacizumab and chemotherapy in heavily pretreated patients with epithelial ovarian cancerCarlotta Defferrari
Unit of Medical Oncology, E, O, Ospedali Galliera, Mura delle Cappuccine 14, 16128, Genoa, Italy
J Ovarian Res 5:17. 2012..abstract:..
- Whither the PET scan? The role of PET imaging in the staging and treatment of breast cancerAlessandra Gennari
Division of Medical Oncology, Galliera Hospital, Via Volta n 6, 16125, Genoa, Italy
Curr Oncol Rep 14:20-6. 2012..In this paper, we summarize the current and future applications of PET in the management of breast cancer...
- Survival of metastatic breast carcinoma patients over a 20-year period: a retrospective analysis based on individual patient data from six consecutive studiesAlessandra Gennari
Department of Oncology, Division of Medical Oncology, Santa Chiara University Hospital, Pisa, Italy
Cancer 104:1742-50. 2005..The aim of this study was to evaluate the impact of new agents on prognosis of MBC patients enrolled in clinical trials of first-line chemotherapy...
- Weekly docetaxel/paclitaxel in pretreated metastatic breast cancerAlessandra Gennari
Division of Medical Oncology, Department of Oncology, University Hospital Santa Chiara, Pisa, Italy
Clin Breast Cancer 3:346-52. 2002..This regimen represents a valid option as a salvage treatment in taxane- and anthracycline-pretreated patients...
- Pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of combination chemotherapy with paclitaxel and epirubicin in breast cancer patientsRomano Danesi
Division of Pharmacology and Chemotherapy, Department of Oncology, Transplants and Advanced Technologies in Medicine, University of Pisa, Via Roma 55, Italy
Br J Clin Pharmacol 53:508-18. 2002..To investigate the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of epirubicin and paclitaxel in combination, as well as the effects of paclitaxel and its vehicle Cremophor EL on epirubicin metabolism...
- Pharmacokinetic-pharmacodynamic relationships of the anthracycline anticancer drugsRomano Danesi
Division of Pharmacology and Chemotherapy, Department of Oncology, Transplants and Advanced Technologies in Medicine, University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy
Clin Pharmacokinet 41:431-44. 2002....
- Pemetrexed: a promising new treatment for breast cancerJoyce A O'Shaughnessy
Baylor Sammons Cancer Center, US Oncology, Dallas, TX, USA
Semin Oncol 29:36-41. 2002....