Roberto E Favoni
Affiliation: National Cancer Research Institute
- Preclinical studies identify novel targeted pharmacological strategies for treatment of human malignant pleural mesotheliomaRoberto E Favoni
IRCCS A O U San Martino IST, Laboratory of Gene Transfer, Genoa, Italy
Br J Pharmacol 166:532-53. 2012....
- Gefitinib targets EGFR dimerization and ERK1/2 phosphorylation to inhibit pleural mesothelioma cell proliferationRoberto E Favoni
Department of Oncologia Traslazionale, Lab Trasferimento Genico, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro IST Nord, B3, Rm18, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10 16132 Genova, Italy
Curr Cancer Drug Targets 10:176-91. 2010..Finally, we propose that the formation of inactive EGFR dimers may contribute to the antitumoral activity of Gefitinib...
- Combined chemotherapy with cytotoxic and targeted compounds for the management of human malignant pleural mesotheliomaRoberto E Favoni
Department of Translational Oncology Research, Gene Transfer Laboratory, National Cancer Institute, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10 16132 Genoa, Italy
Trends Pharmacol Sci 32:463-79. 2011..Detailed knowledge of molecular mechanisms of signal transduction and neoangiogenesis in hMPM should aid in the design and screening of other promising compounds such as more efficacious receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors...
- Enhanced effectiveness of last generation antiblastic compounds vs. cisplatin on malignant pleural mesothelioma cell linesAlessandra De Cupis
Department of Preclinical Oncology, Laboratory of Pharmacology, Istituto Nazionale per la Ricerca sul Cancro, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10 16132 Genoa, Italy
Eur J Pharmacol 473:83-95. 2003....
- Preclinical strategies targeted at non-small-cell lung cancer signalling pathways with striking translational falloutRoberto E Favoni
Department of Experimental Medicine, University of Genoa, Via Leon Battista Alberti, 2 c o Laboratory of Gene Transfer, IRCCS AOU San Martino IST, Largo Rosanna Benzi, 10 16132 Genoa, Italy
Drug Discov Today 18:11-24. 2013..Several new targeted compounds have evolved from preclinical to clinical settings to affect growth factor pathways of NSCLC, and their therapeutic implications will be reviewed and discussed here...